A list of chicken better than Chick-fil-a

For fast food I’d have to agree it’s definitely gotta be Chick-Fil-A! Top reasons:

1a. Customer Service (Top Notch)
1b. Food Quality & Taste
2. Speed & Accuracy
3. Apple Pay (bc its 2019!!!)

I’ll have a Spicy Chicken Deluxe please with some of your awesome Chick-Fil-A Sauce!

Just go in there on any given Saturday and study the place. It’s the most organized chaos you’ll find. Lines move fast inside and out. Their staff come to your car to take your order, they’re waiting to hand u your food at the window and they have a person AFTER the drive thru to give you any extra condiments. Inside they keep all registers running, staff brings your food to your table and walk around cleaning tables and offering drink refills and trash/tray removals like clockwork. Never had an A- experience in there.

On top of that they give so much back to the communities whether it’s through coming in when they’re closed to feed stranded motorists on an icy interstate or teach our youth how to be courteous and polite while helping them pay and get through college.

Their greatest attribute is holding true to their Christian values and keeping the Sabbath without pushing their beliefs onto anybody.

Other great bets are Bojangles in the South. I like Raising Canes simple menu but don’t remember finding any sauce options I like.
I grew up around Charlie’s Chicken and will always have a soft spot for their famous Chicken Chunks, however about 10 years ago they made a subtle switch from their previous supplier that changed the size and taste for the worst imo. Stillwater used to (still has?) a buffet at their location and the Miami & Grove ones offer a house recipe BBQ sauce served hot that goes great with the chunks! Charlie’s also offers free meals on your birthday (bet you didn’t know that!).

3 Likes

totally agree

1. Shortstop burgers has pretty good chicken sandwich
  2. Carl’s Jr.'s SantaFe Chicken Sandwich

Both of these are in the Austin Area.

Mom’s

Can’t believe I’m typing these words, but Popeye’s spicy chicken sandwich is better than CFA. Also, I’ve commented on this thread more than the sports threads. Somethings wrong with me.

5 Likes

If you ever catch yourself in Coweta, Ok… you must eat at Roys, best chicken on the planet.

Raising Canes and Rex’s Chicken.

Your right!, hands down shrimp is best thing on the menu.

Drum Room in okc. Fantastic chicken and waffle sandwich

Word on the street is Popeye’s is superior to CFA…

It’s because they have good marketers.

And the whole “we’re very Chreeestian” thing. That sells well, especially here in the South.

1 Like

Okay so I went and tried the new Spicy Chicken Sandwich at Popeyes (only my 2nd visit there ever). After waiting 45 mins inside due to the long lines I was able to dive in!

My initial thoughts are that the size of the chicken breast is very good for the $3.99 price. It had a heavy breading on it which I like. I did taste some spice to it but nothing crazy. After I got halfway through it I saw the pickles and almost freaked out bc they looked like cucumbers but then I remember a blogger on here talking about the pickles so I relaxed and continued on my way to the end. After I got about 65% through it I reached a sweet spot of where all the sauce was hiding but it soon disappeared quickly.

My conclusion was that my only complaint is not enough sauce. It wasn’t even enough to really decide if I liked the sauce or not so my plan is to go back soon but take some Chick-Fil-A Sauce with me to put on it!

So the answer is yes, I would go back again but I’ll either have to order it w extra sauce or bring my own lol.

Is it a better sandwich than Chick-Fil-A’s? It’s bigger, but I wouldn’t say better. So I guess what will determine which one I go to is whether I want some waffle fries one day or some KFC-style sides w my meal.

2 Likes

Their service is great, and the food is fine. Lucky to have local options that blow it away. I really don’t get the hype. Same for In-N-Out (on hype part)

Rex’s Chicken is back at 121st and Memorial, also someplace in Broken Arrow. Wife loves the chicken, I’ld rather have a burger.

1 Like

I don’t care for the Lords Chicken.
#1 EISCHEN’S BAR is the best in Oklahoma.
#2 Chicken Express
JMHO

3 Likes

I like Rex’s, but other people haven’t been impressed. Have you tried the Jalepeno chicken there?

Eichens. Hands down

1 Like
  • Bojangles
  • Chick-fil-A
  • Popeye’s
  • Raising Cane’s
  • Slim’s
  • Zaxby’s
  • Other

0 voters

Bojangles all over those options.

Poll results explain why Zaxby’s didn’t last in Stillwater.

1 Like