A Look Back On Hot Takes From The Season!

So you’re one of those that’s scared to death that if we got rid of Gundy we would go back to the Bob Simmons days? Surely 16 straight years of winning could get us a decent coach that could consistently get us to that 8 win mark. Les Miles was able to get us 8 wins or more a few times. A coach that got fired helped make the program better.

If ur state produces good athletes with no bb u will get alot. So yes mack is an average team with great recruits. And Texas Penn state usc… these are a list of school with high recruits that can win.

1 Like

I’m not “scared” of it. It’s just reality. Hitting the reset button on your program is a multi-year rebuild and experiment that fails more often than not. Instead of that, we’ve kept a winning program and we’re back to where you’re trying to get by firing your coach anyway.

How has it been working for USC? Michigan?

2 Likes

So do you think if the time comes for OSU to look for a new coach the administration is going to be stupid enough to hire the hot and trendy guy?

I’m under the impression they’ll do their homework, and go after someone that has a track record of building previous programs. What many people are failing to understand here is that administrations like LSU, Texas, USC, and Michigan are not the same as OSU’s.

Those programs have administrations with big boosters that really put the pressure on the administration and coaches. There is not nearly as much pressure on Gundy as compared to those programs and coaches. Our fan base seems to be content with 7-5 and a bowl game appearance.

If that’s what the future of OSU football is going to be, and the OSU administration and boosters are going to support it then the new coaching search won’t be nearly as tedious, and I doubt we find ourselves back into the Bob Simmons era.

What I think is crazy is when we have Robert saying that we shouldn’t throw anymore money at Jim Knowles and let him walk.

Joey we aren’t the school that the state decided to throw money out the door to for football. Iba ran them outa town. It’s the reason your goons got powerful in the 40’s and 50’s …. I don’t want to be that school, period. They lied for years about academics, money, and covered up lots of bad stuff. If uo goes to the SEC before the contract ends someone will pay it for them. They have no money. But you seem to want to be just like them. Not no but hell no :cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face:
And we can’t pay Saban salaries to football coaches. Coaches always want the bigger salary, they could care less about the school and their players ( Les)

1 Like

I thought Gundy wanted to turn OSU into a national brand? Or does he not? I would say that Iba made a mistake then. Why the hell should I care what a school did 70-80 years ago? So we shouldn’t desire to be a better football program? Got it!!

U spend 5 paragraphs saying blah blah blah.
I was listening to the ksu game all they could do was talking how well kansas is playing this year. Ur an idiot.
First gundy wins at 8.5 rate. That’s a huge difference then 7. Gundy will have his 4 second place finish since 2011. Ur so stupid gundy is doing exactly what u want.

1 Like

One NY6 bowl appearance since 2011 ended, and one bedlam win.

Other coaches with the same amount of wins or more in that time span:

Matt Campbell, Gary Patterson, Tom Herman, Chris Klieman, Bill Snyder, and Art Briles

Looks were that lead them 4 guys aren’t coaching.
Art briles is a criminal

1 Like

Joey quit , just quit with the bullshit !! You’re an idiot and everyone here except the stooges can see it. Someone should be embarrassed for your ignorant a&& :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

1 Like

We are more highly thought of than an idiot like you can understand

1 Like

I know it’s amazing how they aren’t coaching any longer and can still accomplish what Gundy did against OU.

Seems I ruffled a few feathers. I should know though. Some people around here just can’t handle facts.

If we are so highly thought of why didn’t the PAC-12 want us?

1 Like

You don’t ruffle mine. It gives me lots of good laughs. I just find it really funny a person enjoys getting their a&& handed to them time after time. I’m sure your friends invite you to their parties and tell you it’s at a different address :grin::grin:

1 Like

We didn’t want any part of that train wreck. We are smarter than that. Besides they will be a memory in 4 years

1 Like

Obviously I do. You keep cussing at me and responding to me.

Umm…obviously OSU did or there wouldn’t have been any talks with them. You gotta give them a better argument than “Top 10 in wins in the last decade”.

1 Like

Lol !! You actually think that’s a cussing ?? :joy::joy: you evidently haven’t had a good cussing

Were you there for the talks Joey , did you hear what went on ? You give someone the curtesy of hearing them. Doesn’t mean you are interested. Who besides Oregon is worth a chit anyway. When’s the last time a west coast team got in the playoffs