A Look Back On Hot Takes From The Season!

OSU had less interest than Kansas.

I guess it is pretty shocking, to you evidently, that a person’s opinion can change as conditions change over the course of the season.

2 Likes

If this is an attempt to shame Gundy, it’s a dumb one. Maybe he thought defense wins more than offense? Either way, regardless of whether it’s the offense, defense, special teams, or the cool stickers they put on their helmets, 8-1 is 8-1. It’s all a result of things done within the program to get there, and Gundy has been at the helm of it.

3 Likes

It can really do that when you make dumbass snap judgments after one game.

2 Likes

Only problem is no one’s perception ever changes on this side of the site.:joy:

3 Likes

Ur rite u guys were thought of as yahoos before u posted and still after.

1 Like

@jake4

How about this hot take: "A lesson to learn for the goons: Why turning to Caleb Williams doesnt make sense"

3 Likes

It’s been so long since u blessed us with type. U were a get rid of gundy guy if I remember. So now u want to keep him. Since u believe in change.

1 Like

I haven’t seen any real reason to start Williams. How I understand it. U guys got guys back on defense so it’s better. An interview with one of the line talks how they have matured and can rely on each other. So it sounds like the defense and oline has caused the improvement.

1 Like

You havent seen any real reason to start Williams? Please tell me youre kidding…

Why would u think I’m kidding u never think I have before. But those 2 things have been said.
Now u guys got rested up are u guys ready to actually play some really teams

1 Like

@robert28 Do me a favor. Rank the following QB’s in order from BEST to WORST. Ill just go in alphabetical order of the school

Gerry Bohannon
Purdy
Skylar Thompson
Caleb Williams
Spencer Rattler
Spencer Sanders
Casey Thompson
Max Duggan
Henry Colombi
Jarret Doege

I have never once been a get rid of Gundy guy bud.

Oh, dude, they’ve played the weakest part of their schedule. Wait until they play the three best Ds before you gloat on that. Caleb Williams did save their bacon with a probably illegal play against Kansas, but he almost lost to Kansas…

Also, my point with the article was about how fans jeering their QB was a bad look for recruits if you go back and actually read my post and not the title of the article I linked.

It doesn’t make sense for OU to switch to arguably the best QB in college football, but it totally makes sense for us to bench Sanders for Illingworth, who’s completed less than 40% of his last 70 attempts. Gotta love OSU fans sometimes.

3 Likes

First off, I havent “gloated” on anything. This OU bunch has major flaws, but the QB isnt one of them. As far as bacon-saving, you need to go look at what happened in Dallas before Lawrence. As far as what your point was, I hear what youre saying. But the sentence “Why turning to Caleb Williams doesnt make sense” reads as though it doesnt make sense to turn to the backup, which is Caleb Williams. All that kid has done is thrust himself into the Heisman race while accounting for 17TD’s and 1 INT. The kid has been lights out.

1 Like

And the play was legal. You can hand the ball forward if youre behind the LOS.

48 of 74 in last 3 games. I know ur not a mathematician but a quick way to see u not is double his makes. That makes 96. 96 is 50% but he didn’t in 74 passes
Another way to look at it. He was 33 of 50 last 2 games. 66 pass would make 50%. He would have missed his last 20 pass of the isu game just to be 40%.
I’ve always thought u were kind of smart but 40% is way off. He is like 65 % in his last 3 games

1 Like

Was his forward progress stop. Yes he should have been down. I never did understand the illegal play deal. But he had lost yards he was stopped.
I’m not one to harp on refs. But, I do know when a bad call is called.

1 Like

When’s the last time we beat Oregon?