A Refresher on the Cowboys' 2002 Season

Robert has been trying to bring up jimmy. Do you think they would have left if they were paid in the top 10?

Jug it took me just a few post to figure you out. I know.you want to win at all cost. Its funny you never said you wouldnt eat breakfest with miles. I believe in alot of things. Coaches that do illegal acts to help themselves is not one.

It funny you say i have a thing with miles and briles. I never talk about those two unless you and yourdaughter are involved. I know you think your sane.

1 Like

Yet you always bring them up. By the way since I didn’t make it clear. I would never under any condition set down to a meal with Miles Briles or a Gundy.

You are a weird duck. You support miles and briles even tho you have daughters.
You know nothing about football and you will not eat with your idols why are you a football fan. Oh yea i know the titles.

Yes i have forgot your in belief that gundy hits on coeds. The only one.

1 Like

I never supported Barry Switzer,Bob Stoops, Urban Meyer, Nick Saban and dozens of other while knowing that they are good coaches. Some may be good people and some may be horrible. There’s several coaches who have won 1 conference title who don’t deserve to be mentioned with good coaches.

1 Like

All those coaches you mention won natty’s at bb. Except the 2 meyers won at Florida. Which Florida is rite up there. But they all won natty’s. Urban has proved he can coach.

Winning a natty doesnt mean good coach. Stoops should not even be close to that list. Some of the things you dislike about gundy stoop does. And he does it withbetter players under a bb banner.

You guys talk about miles beating uo. But, in reality it was stoops losing. That first year miles was their we beat la tech baylor and northwestern state. We couldnt beat a bad southern miss team. But, in the end we beat stoops. Stoops did it the next year and again with a 5 and 6 gundy team.

Im sure riley is on your list. What about how gundy doesnt perform to perseason hype. Last year riley was picked to get a natty and a heisman. But got 3rd in conf.

The thing is your a loser you dnt want conf titles you want natty’s. Your a joke. Stop point fingers. I dnt make excuses for gundy. I point out your flaws in thinking.

Miles best performance was 5th out side of lsu. Took a good 3 and 9 team to zero wins. You would know a good coach if it bite you on your nose.

1 Like

Wow still talking about Miles. Get over it. He set Gundy up for success but now he is gone.

1 Like

No daughters, huh?

2 Likes

Yeah I got daughters but they are smart enough to stay away from athletes and coaches. They’re not texting with guys in prison and drug dealers either.

1 Like

He means their ugly and cant get any except other girls.

Not many butch get hit on

1 Like

Thats your whole take. Im sure i talked more about stoops. Miles just coached against him.

I dnt like fantastic or people who accept its ok to do what ever it takes.

1 Like

Here’s where we may differ then. I realize this is all opinions and we can differ. I believe college is for preparing young adults to be successful in a modern society, mainly on getting a job and maintaining successful interpersonal relationships, all while away from parents. I realize there are exceptions, such as older adults returning to college and kids who continue to live a home while attending college. But generally, young adults learning the skills and behaviors in order to make a successful living.

College athletes in my opinion are no different. In my opinion, Ok State should turn out successful young men and women who “major” in a sport. Success means both skills and behaviors. I believe that’s how Coach Gundy thinks and operates. He sees his job as developing young men to be successful adults. I also believe he thinks good role models are a key. So, I appreciate a head coach with this philosophy.

That is the baseline for me. Next in order of priority, I believe a head coach must win games. Depending on the existing culture and resources a coach inherits, steady improvement is the goal. Next priority, win a lot and win consistently. Next in order, in my opinion, developing a culture of winning that survives the particular head coach. Finally, winning championships. It’s a Maslow’s Hierarchy.

Guys like Briles, Miles and Paterno/Sandusky fail at the base level. I don’t believe a college should win championships while sacrificing the baseline level.

Of course there are examples of great coaches who do all these right things and win championships. They are rare. I believe we are getting there. I believe casting Gundy aside at this point has a greater chance of leading away from these goals and achieving them.

3 Likes

They also been using Texas as the whipping boy with high caliber recruits and no wins. Based on what I’m watching them do against Alabama now I’m betting Gundy would rather Texas and OU be gone from the conference sooner than later.

1 Like

Well said Beer

1 Like

Got no clue why JJ and Miles left, I suspect them being ass*holes had something to do with it though.

2 Likes

I suspect LSU and Miami doubling their salaries.

1 Like

Well there is a chance of that.