A Way Too Early 2021 OSU Offensive Depth Chart Prediction

You make it like I’m asking for unreasonable recruiting. It is possible. Is it easy to throw every 4 or 5 star an offer and snag them? No. But offering more solid 4 star recruits and getting a couple more isn’t a big ask. Especially when you get 4 million dollars a year. But I guess you’re fine with being bowl eligible, doesn’t matter if it’s 6 wins or 11 I guess. Some of us would like to see the program get better and reach new heights. But I guess you’re fine settling with average.

Like @robert28daid blue bloods mostly with a shet load of money. Don’t think the 1000 dollar hand shakes don’t happen anymore. Don’t think Mac and A@M haven’t forgotten it too. When have we ever loaded up on 4-5 star players and you want it start happening :joy::joy: never seen two so self indulged in righting the ship with little money. Just fricking go out and get’um. Mac was run off of Texas and he had a boatload of them. By your theory we shouldn’t have ever beat Texas How many 4-5 star players are in Florida, Texas ? Gheez

1 Like

I agree with u on alot. What I’m say we do offer to alot u can go to espn a see r offers.
Like I said some we did dip but the last 2 or 3 yrs are get better. It’s hard to keep losing assists and maintaining recruits.
Those last 2 offense cord. Where suppose to stay abite. How much did they recruit. With dunn becoming oc we didnt lose any connection with recruits.
Recruiting has alot of aspects. And there is Stillwater

1 Like

Before Mullen got to Florida they went 4-7 and finished 5th in the SEC East. Since he got there they’ve finished 2nd in the SEC East in 2018 and 2019 plus played in their conference title game this season. Both is recruiting classes ranked 6th and 7th respectfully.

Before Swinney got to Clemson they went 8-4 (2005), 8-5 (2006), and 9-4 (2007). A lot like the current Oklahoma State football program. Since Dabo took over he’s overall 133-35 at Clemson with several conference titles and a couple of national titles. His average recruiting ranking the past 10 years is 14th nationally.

Mack Brown has been at UNC since 2019 and posted records of 7-6 and 8-4 with a New Year Six bowl appearance. In 2018 UNC went 2-9. Both his recruiting classes were 30th and 13th nationally.

My point in all this is you don’t build programs for more success by recruiting the same or worse. You also don’t make players better by making them run the same 5 plays every single game.

1 Like

He’s a Gundy disciple dude. Settling for average is all Robert knows. I guess I just don’t know how you can get excited for a 4th place finish year after year unless your a program like Kansas and you’ve never been there or consistently done that.

I don’t know. Texas A&M found a way to get them and they’ve only had one 10 win season or better in the last 23 seasons. Then they decided to go out and get a coach that’s serious about winning.

All I’ve done was give you examples of schools that are trying to get the best coaches and players they can to progress their football program. All we’ve done is settle for a coach that has no problem with mediocrity and recruits like he’s NC State. Then we wonder why we can’t ever make a conference title game or meet seasonal expectations.

Blah blah if I told u once I told a million times I’m not interested in blah blah. I don’t care how some acc team is doing. Look who they play duke wake bc pitt gt ncsu Syracuse.we walked all over Miami 3rd best team.

1 Like

I thought kansas went out and got a coach that was going bring the to the promised land. Ur not leave miles out in the cold. Poor miles

1 Like

Clemson beat Miami by 25 and UNC beat Miami by 36. So us beating Miami by three points isn’t something I’d beat my chest over. I also wouldn’t consider it “walking all over” them either.

So u do agree if north Carolina wins there not beating anyone. Thanks for proving that for me.

1 Like

At least they are trying. We’ve been decent for the better part of 18 years now and Kansas has been one of the (if not) the worst P5 programs in the country. Takes more than two seasons to turn Kansas around. I think it’s hilarious that you chose the worst P5 program in the country to try and make your point.

U mean u have to try to win no times​:joy::upside_down_face::crazy_face::thinking::hugs::scream::pleading_face::flushed::cry::exploding_head::cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

I didnt, u said ku in ur post. U real dnt know what u rite.

What I mean is when you haven’t made a bowl game in the better part of 12 years and your known for being the worst P5 program in the country it’s going to even take someone like Nick Saban a little bit of time to turn your program around.

But miles

All I said about Kansas is they haven’t been able to have mediocre success and that’s partly due to them having 4 coaches in the last 10 seasons.

But why r u backing off miles thought he was a great coach

Dnt like answering the same question over and over now u mite get what we all say.

Money Joe money… how much they paying Jimbo ? More than Gundy , recruiting budget twice ours. maybe more… Jimbo won’t do anymore than what he’s done this year … do you think money magically shows up … their 100 thousand plus stadium makes it easier. Miles doesn’t have it to rebuild another program

1 Like

I’m not backing off Miles. Let me ask you a question? If Gundy went to Kansas do you think he would be able to post more than 4-5 wins in his first two seasons?