Ahead of Rematch, Gundy, Dunn Revisit the Central Michigan Debacle

Originally published at: Ahead of Rematch, Gundy, Dunn Revisit the Central Michigan Debacle | Pistols Firing

Gundy would still like to get that win back.

1 Like

The play that shouldn’t have been but it was in the Loss column thanks to the wrong call on the field. I hope oSu puts their foot on the throttle and doesn’t look back. They have one heck of a RB so we will be tested on our defensive side right out of the gate. I am so ready to watch some oSu football. They did play poorly in the game six years ago but but Central Michigan played exceptionally well. Now we wait on the haters to arrive, and they will…

4 Likes

It’s called don’t play vanilla and pussssy foot around in any game. If osu wants respect in the early season you blow them out and don’t let off. Gundy has flirted with disaster in non conference play over the years because I guess he doesn’t want to show his hand I guess? I mean his hand isn’t very big anyway and doesn’t change what he does on offense as he states every year so I don’t know why he struggles but ■■■■ he needs to point points up in these three to jump up in rankings and give the talking heads something to talk about and I don’t think he gets this concept. He thinks if we just win by 1 point then it will take care of its self and he’s right if we were Ohio state.

1 Like

I wasn’t thinking about the last play debacle after that loss. What I kept thinking in my mind was “Why are we letting a .500 MAC team be on the verge of upsetting #22 on their own home field?”. I focused more on the debacle of the first three quarters instead.

1 Like

Yea like miles losing to southern miss and la tech.

Only you can be happy about the last game with cmu.

2 Likes

Did it take Miles 7 years to beat OU?

Great coaches don’t lose to teams like the Chippewas on their own field especially good established coaches sorry. Let’s hope the mullet learns from his pitiful mistake uh.

1 Like

It’s not like he was caught off guard either. He was seriously worried as I remember him saying multiple times that they had a pro quarterback on their team. He can say as he does when he loses that we didn’t play good that day but how bout that game plan you drew up gundy uh? Or the lack their of.

1 Like

Naw. Non-con margin of victory does not matter or only very little. Wins-losses matters, especially beating notable opponents. Beating a MAC team by 30 moves no one’s needle.

2 Likes

He has stated multiple times this year that “we have to be ready for the fist game”. First time ever he has stated that so maybe he did learn but not holding my breath. Just open up the dang playbook from the start their coach uh! Play to win meaning run up the score because we need to because we are freaking Oklahoma state not Ohio state!!!

1 Like

Wrong buddy I’m sorry. You don’t pay attention enough to the early season rankings.

So if osu beats the non conference by a touchdown that in fact gives the committee an excuse to keep a program like osu down. Fact Iv seen it to often and not just osu. They want the blue bloods to be in it at the end because of money. FACT

1 Like

Which is why they don’t need a reason. There’s a pre-existing hierarchy, but it all comes down to wins-losses. If the playoff comes down to a 1 loss Ohio State or a 1 loss OSU, beating CMU by 1 or 100 isn’t tipping the scale either way.

2 Likes

Probably one of the poorest excuses for a loss I’ve heard. Even Robert’s excuses are more legitimate (and that’s not saying much).

What is it an excuse for? I’m just saying no one cares about margin of victory.

2 Likes

Which one looks better here? Beating CMU by 1 or beating them by 30?

It really doesn’t matter. It will literally decide nothing. It might make you feel better about the team’s prospect, but in terms of playoff or bowl selection, no one cares. It’s never going to come down to that.

1 Like

Does it look better for the team to win by 1 or 30?

To whom? For what?

Clemson is undefeated. Ohio State is undefeated. USC is undefeated. Alabama has one loss. OSU has one loss. Both won their conference. We beat CMU by 30. They beat whatever bum team they scheduled by 17. Who gets the last playoff spot?

1 Like

My point is if you want to make the claim “We have a logo too!!!” then perhaps start beating G5 teams by multiple scores instead of almost losing to them (or even losing to them).