Ahead of Rematch, Gundy, Dunn Revisit the Central Michigan Debacle

Jeffy you might need to check the Appalachian State- Michigan game a few years ago …. and revise your statement :cowboy_hat_face::joy:

1 Like

Check post above genius, joy it happens idiot !!

1 Like

Name me the last time OU lost to a G5 team that went .500 on the regular season? How about Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State? You know, all those teams you like to claim we’re in good company with?

I gave you an example joy, does it have to be a Bama ? Or uo … are you too slow to grasp that ?

1 Like

You’re the one saying we’re in good company with them. So where are our conference titles (plural).

See now you just deflect to chit you repeat over and over ad nauseam…. We don’t have 70 years of cheating and and money flowing to us. I’ll get that tractor when want me to

1 Like

One great thing I love in college football any body has the potential to beat anyone. Some of these upsets I’ve seen I’ve still would of put money on the better team. Let’s keep north dakota state bison off our schedule lol. I’ve seen OU struggle to Air Force, Tulsa, and Army. And Alabama to West Virginia. Bunch of nobody’s beat a somebody. You gotta go into to every game like it’s a championship game and with a chip on the shoulder. My upset alert game I’m looking forward to is UTSA vs Texas. I follow a lot of teams and they seem up and coming.

1 Like

They lost to Houston when they had a Heisman winning QB and #1 overall draft pick at QB in a year they were supposed to go to the playoffs.

Nobody cares what you do against a G5 school as long as you win. Multiple scores. Who cares? People care about beating other logos. When OSU beat OU and Notre Dame last year, that mattered. Running up and down the field in August against the Chippewas does not matter to anyone unless we lose.

1 Like

Lay out a scenario to me where the margin of victory over CMU gets us into a playoff game. We were an undefeated conference champ but we only beat CMU by 1 point so… what? Who gets in over us because of that?

1 Like

What if your one lose is against say Iowa State and the other teams one lose is against LSU?

1 Like

There is 4 teams now. You think a 3 lose uath is in.

Exactly. You’re telling me that the hierarchy is what’s important, not the margin of non-con victory. It’s meaningless. LSU is a more marquee brand even though Iowa State is better some years. Margin of victory against CMU is never going to factor.

In your scenario, it will never matter because Bama’s getting in. In your hypothetical, we have a “worse loss”. Let’s say Bama somehow lost to Vandy and our one loss was to a really good OU. Then it’s “who did OSU beat? They lost to the best team they played. Bama beat LSU, A&M, Georgia…”

Of course in your real life scenario, Bama wasn’t eveb the conference champ. They weren’t even division champ.

We were dropping conference opponents by 50-60 points. We beat OU by several TDs. Bama had a close game with Miss St. Margin of victory means nothing.

1 Like

We have more total wins than Baylor and Kansas State since 2010. Yet, both of those programs have won a conference title more recently than we have, and they both have more. Do they have 70 years of cheating and money flowing to them?

That’s right. You can never go into any game thinking it’s going to be Kansas every opponent.

You’re right. Maybe better recruits will start taking notice and we won’t have to be ranked 9h in the conference when future recruiting classes come around.

Yea so your happy with 1 title that ksu got a year after us. Then they havent surpassed 10 wins since.

And we know baylor has had great year of 1 and 2 wins

I dnt care if we won titles those bad years you would be crying like the bany you are.

1 Like

That’s the whole point dumbace. A team that can’t even get to ten wins has a conference title more recently than us. You’re trying to justify ten win seasons and no conference titles. It just looks pathetic and ridiculous. It doesn’t do anything when people without orange shades on know you rarely can beat OU or Baylor.

You know the three main things sports casters talk about when OSU comes into the conversation? Here they are:

1. They almost never beat OU

2. Baylor’s had their number in recent years

3. They haven’t won a conference title since 2011

Baylor had Briles…. That’s all I need to add joy
Figure that out, it’s hard I know but try