All decade team

I’m going to provide the Pistols Firing Spicy Take of the Day (brought to you by J.R. Murphy’s)…

I soured on LeBryan Nash really hard his senior year. He averaged 17ish points…but his body language was always so confounding. He never showed real, true passion and emotion. My wife thought he was “disregulated” (her go-to psychology term, she’s a psychologist). I personally think he was just “going through the motions”.

For that, I cannot include him on any all-decade team.

He absolutely was disengaged. But I would put him in the All decade team. When he was engaged, he was a monster. If he had better work ethic he would be in the NBA right now. The dude could ball. He also had a kid that year if I remember right and maybe that preoccupied his mind. :man_shrugging: his footwork and natural ability were off the charts good. I remember watching him and literally giggling to myself on a few possessions where he just dismantled a defense.

2 Likes

Maybe I should reconsider. I just remember yelling at the TV a lot.

1 Like

He’s been good, but its definitely the latter.

You’re not wrong at all. He was so danged infuriating at times. I had a hard time putting him on my list…but he was sure good when he was engaged.

1 Like

Offense
QB: Weeden
RB: Chuba, Hill
WR: Blackmon, Tylan, Washington :exploding_head:
TE: Jarwin (duh)
OL: the guys from 2011
Flex: Josh Cooper

Defense
DL: Ogbah, Castleman, Blatnick, Trace Ford, Brailford
LB: Bundage, Shaun Lewis, Lavey
DB: Markelle Martin, Justin Gilbert (1 int away from being one of my all time favorites :confounded:), Broderick Brown, Ramon Richards :joy:, Harvell-Peel

K: Dan Bailey
P: Quinn Sharp
RS: Josh Stewart

1 Like

Basketball time…
PG: Smart
SG: Brown
SF: Waters lll
PF: Nash
C: Anei

Bench
Ice
Page
Cobbins
Evans
Crime Dog

PG Smart
SG Brown
SF Carroll
PF Nash
C Yor

Bench
Evans
Ice
Waters
Cobbins
Mcgriff

1 Like

You guys realize James Anderson was named Big 12 player of the year in 2010, right?

Him and Spud are probably the most under appreciated OSU athletes in the last 20 years.

4 Likes

Man…I was thinking that was 2009. Take Markel off my starting five and insert James. He is definitely underappreciated.

No way give me Markell over Evans every day.

Y’all leaving Phil Forte off your teams is annoying…

1 Like

Dang I didn’t realize he played this decade, that seems like forever ago. In that case I’ll put Anderson as my starting SF, Lindy on the bench and Crime Dog misses the cut.

Hot take incoming…Forte was the great value version of Keiton Page :flushed::fire:

1 Like

I would have Evans for sure. Dude put up an All time bedlam performance. That was one of my favorite individual Cowboy performances ever.

1 Like

NOOOOOO, other way around. I am in the small minority (just me I guess) that wasn’t a big Keiton Page fan.

Make no mistake…I appreciate his contributions to the team and all…but he was a novelty product, nothing more.

I will give him the benefit of the doubt, though, in the sense that he didn’t have a great supporting cast.

Are you sure you don’t have the two mixed up? The Pawnee Pistol could get a bucket whenever he wanted, Forte was mostly just a catch and shoot threat.

1 Like

I think you’re right, but I didn’t see as much of Page. Page was a better scorer/creator. Forte was a better pure shooter (actually one of the best ever).

1 Like

Keiton scored forty points against Texas single handedly. They knew he was getting the ball every time down the court and still couldn’t stop him. Forte, respectively, could have never done that.

2 Likes

I can’t do it. Jawun had some awesome games, especially the two Bedlam games his sophomore year. He could go get a bucket any time we needed one.