Any golfers?

Brother played with a buddy on Saturday at Lakeside. Told me the guy shot a bogey-free 66! From the farthest tees. :flushed: That dude needs to go LIV. Question: will LIV develop their own version of the majors, or is LIV basically the Tourā€™s version of XFL as a competitor to the NFL?

@travis5266 we played in the Weeden Foundation event at Karsten last Thursday, shot -5 and still finished like 3rd from last. Lol.

Anyways, one hole was a closest to the hole challenge, and the closest to the hole on every team received a bottle of whiskey and a whiskey barrel. They used a bottle as their prop for the closest to the pin shot overall for the day, and it was about 15-20 feet from the cup. It was a wicked par 3, as they all are at Karsten, but was a little surprising that closest to the hole was that far away. We asked the sponsor who shot it, and she said Taylor Gooch shot one to 2 feet but they determined he didnā€™t count since heā€™s a pro.:joy: craziest part is Goochā€™s team didnā€™t even place!

The rest of his squad must not have been that great. Or because they had a tour pro, they were DQed from placing? 5 under anywhere much less Karsten, is a dream come true. Donā€™t sell yourselves short. Great job!

Also, Iā€™ve never played Karsten. Is it really the beast that legend says?

1 Like

Karsten is the nicest course Iā€™ve ever played and it is absolutely worthy of the hype. Only played it twice, but man ā€¦ so so nice

1 Like

Oh itā€™s a monster. Iā€™ve probably played nicer courses in terms to eye candy, but thatā€™s not to say that this one isnā€™t super nice. You canā€™t get much better than Karsten as far as course layout. There is woods surrounding 100% of the hole from tee to pin, on every. Single. Hole. Other than 17 and 18, which are water wrapped lol. You canā€™t see any other hole from the hole you are currently on at any point during the round.

I will say, itā€™s one of those that is geared toward more seasoned players. If you arenā€™t, other than the nostalgia of playing on Karsten it probably wouldnā€™t be much fun to play. Pretty much impossible to finish a hole unless you can control your ball flight or putt it from the teebox to the flag lol

It absolutely is. The Weeden foundation did an excellent job as well, they had cart girls coming around multiple times every hole, as well as grills set up with burgers and chicken sandwiches about every 6th hole or so that you could grab. And it was all included in the round fee. I highly recommend it if you havenā€™t been before! Usually at oak tree but I heard they may try to start doing it at Karsten semi-annually.

1 Like

Iā€™m thinking thatā€™s why they didnā€™t place. And yeah our goal was -5 and we hit that! Some teams were shooting -17 and -18. I wanted to say ā€œokie dokie then pencil pushersā€ but I didnā€™t bother. The group immediately in front of us took 5 hours and 42 minutes to play their round. They were the a squad on the hole and we were b, so we had to follow them all day long. We ended up being the very last team into the clubhouse because of them, didnā€™t get a table for dinner, and that team turned in a -12 card. Buncha massive liars lol they were not good.

What you are describing sounds like we have our very own miniature Augusta.

Some pics!

Every hole looked like this basically.

Iā€™ve been blessed to play a lot of courses across the states and Karsten is at the top of my list. Iā€™ve played it many times and was even there for opening day. Itā€™s the only place Iā€™ve had a 4 putt and even hit my first putt off the green. Hole 17 my nemesis and I have zero love for it. Heaven on Earth is Karsten.

You canā€™t get on Karsten without membership right? Or am I conflating with Southern Hills?

You can, you just have to pay a lot of dollars.

4 Likes

You can get on whenever youā€™d like (as long as thereā€™s availability) but itā€™s like $350 for a round Iā€™m pretty sure! Itā€™s crazy expensive.

1 Like

Wowza

Yeah, I saw my opportunity with the scramble invite and pounced on it. Maybe if Iā€™m rich one day Iā€™ll play it again for fun, but I can say Iā€™ve played it now, and lost about 15 balls in a scramble so Iā€™m not too interested in spending an arm and a leg to see how Iā€™d do on my own. :joy:

1 Like

I got a couple free rounds to Karsten as a gift a few years agoā€¦ Iā€™ve been too scared to use themšŸ˜… I donā€™t want to show up and shoot 120, and I donā€™t know which of my friends to take haha

2 Likes

They just upped the prices drastically. We let ours go because it went up and we are two hours away. To play with a member is on par now with Pebble. You can play Southern Hills with a member and pay less. Even though itā€™s incredible, go play more affordable and easier courses like Oakwood in Enid IMO if you have that hookup.

1 Like

Iā€™ll be your friend. Drinks on me.

2 Likes

Yeah, same @PatrickV . We got your back @ballah. Just send us the bat signal and we are 100% there lol

3 Likes