Any other cord-cutters?

The main reason we have’t cut the cord is Hallmark channel. What is Philo TV?

$20 a month streaming package. Pretty good selection of channels…if you don’t want sports.

There’s also Frndly TV with various packages below $10/month that also has Hallmark. But, they don’t have an app for the Apple TV yet, but they do for Roku and others.

Very good site for making decisions regarding cord cutting/trimming… You list what you need and want, give it the order of priority, and they will give you the best options and pricing that they are aware of.

1 Like

LOL. For me, picture seems fine, and I haven’t had buffering issues, at least with Hulu Live. Now, there are some rough edges here and there. Like when an OSU game ended up on FS2 for the first 20 minutes or so, it wouldn’t let me switch to that channel because it was supposedly “off air” at that time. And startup time is a little bit slower than cable.

If you have a Verizon unlimited phone plan or their FIOS internet, Disney+ is free for a year.

I use my sister’s login for her directv account and use fox sports app, espn app, NBC sports app, and sunday ticket. I throw her $50 a year. I also bought espn+ for $50 a year. I’m doing fine for under $10 a month. Non sports - every channel has an app you can watch content of you have someone’s login.

I like this much better than twitter for sure.

You can also get Hallmark Movies Now channel for $59.99/yr to add on to a Roku or other streaming device. There’s also an add-on channel to Amazon Prime for $5.99/mo.

1 Like

We haven’t had cable or satellite TV for over 3 years. Sucks for live sports, but have HULU and Netflix and truly don’t miss network TV… except for live sports.

I wanted to go with YouTube TV but settled on ATT Now because the golf channel isn’t available on YouTube - how do you get around that (assuming you can’t not have GC)

I have YouTube TV and it does come w/ the Golf Channel. I’m in Dallas, TX but don’t think it’s a regional thing. Double check your options.

1 Like

Realizing now it was because of Nickelodeon. Damned kids

HAHA! Yeah, we’ve got Prime and Philo for that luckily.

Yea @PVPoke, gotta disagree at least in my experience. I cut the cord some 6 months ago, and if you have reliable internet, as we do, it’s quite literally the exact same viewing experience for me. DVR, pausing, fast forwarding etc. All identical. No buffering or picture quality issues or anything. But I think alot of folks also forget to factor their internet reliability/speed into the equation.

Streaming isn’t better than Cable/Dish in two major ways, channel changing is very slow, and it’s a minimum of 20 seconds slower than Cable. With that said, the freedom of no contract is nice. I can only have live TV when I need it.

1 Like

We cut the cord, but sort of cheat. We use my ILs cable login when we want to watch a game on Fox Sports or regular ESPN. We have at any given time, Netflix or Hulu, Amazon Prime, ESPN+, and occasionally when there’s a series I have to have, HBO or showtime through prime, and during hockey playoffs NHL. The only thing I’ve been disappointed with is that NCAA gymnastics stopped being picked up with ESPN+ and is now on FLO which is $25 per month and I’m not adding that too. We regularly trade out services though. It’s usually 3-4 apps per month.

Live sports is the main reason we keep DirecTV for now…except for the storms & the cut out. Last week my DVR of the TCU Game (like to watch the broadcast later when we get to go to the games) was really bad, scrambled up. Had to re-record the later broadcast.

I haven’t done the math, but to get all the live sports, via streaming, our cost would probably be as much or more than the DirecTV bill.

I had Sling from the time it came out years ago until a few months ago when I switched over to Hulu Live TV. It’s $44.99/mo, so a bit cheaper than Sling Blue + Orange, then I add ESPN+ for $5/mo. We already had Prime, but I added on PBS Masterpiece Channel, and History Vault (sometimes). I’m pretty happy with our line-up for about $60/mo.

Hulu Live TV, Amazon Prime, Netflix, FuboTV, HBO and ESPN+. I have tons of sports between the Hulu and Fubo and ESPN. Fubo has some great 4k sports - was great during the World Series. If someone just we ants one service, it would be Hulu Live TV or Youtube TV. I think they vary by about 6 channels.

I have a super secret back door into GC.

Not really, it’s on YouTube TV. Or it is for me. Maybe that differs by zip?