Any other cord-cutters?

As other people have mentioned, the overall delay compared to cable and time it takes to change channels/games is a non starter for me.

Disney+ opened up today. I wasn’t aware until I went to subscribe that you can get a bundle with it, ESPN+, and Hulu for $12.99/mo. I already have ESPN+ and Hulu Live TV, so I’m waiting to hear back how much it will be to bundle with Hulu Live instead of just Hulu.

I saw this today if it helps: https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/yes-hulu-with-live-tv-commercial-free-hulu-subscribers-can-get-5-99-off-with-the-disney-espn-bundle/ I haven’t looked into it because I prepaid for 3 years.

1 Like

Lol, I am actually listening to one of those music channels from my cable right now… Now I may be different than most as I work from home most of the time (and have music playing while I work in my office), and I have somehow gotten myself to the point where I have nearly everything. I mean I have the highest speed and bandwidth internet available, UVerse with all of the premium channels and the largest package, as well as netflix, amazon prime, Flosports, ESPN+ and later today will be adding Disney plus and likely to add CBS plus once it launches. So basically everything but Hulu and that is just cause I have not seen anything there worth subscribing for.

For me it was worth it though thanks to the bundling and other discounts I get for where I work (also bundle my cell phone with uverse). I really prefer the DVR with its storage space and as some have mentioned I prefer to flip back and forth between the roughly dozen football games I get at any one time on any Saturday (unless our game is on of course, no flipping then). Having all that also means I don’t go out to the movies and eat out a lot less as I have less reason to leave home. The savings there more than make up for the cost of it all.

2 Likes

Thanks. I went ahead and started the free trial. Am curious to see how it works out in my billing, and if they automatically can link all three of my accounts since I used the same email. fingers crossed It would be awesome if I get a bit of a discount, since I was planning on subscribing to all of them anyway!

I was saying that sarcastically, I admit. :laughing:

They do work for bars and other establishments that may just want to play music in the background.

I actually like the Uverse music as some of the channels are nearly the same as the Sirius/XM channels that I used to pay for at home separately so it ended up being a savings for me.

1 Like

I also have Hulu Live and have already paid for a year of ESPN+. I chatted with a Disney rep today and they said I would only get a discount on the bundle for one of the other two subscriptions but not both. Is this what you’ve seen?

1 Like

I have an email in to them, so I’m interested to see what the official word will be. I bet it will be something like this, which I found in this article from Newsweek: “Those who are already subscribed to one of the three services individually can still take advantage of this offer, which is available now on the Disney+ website. This means that Hulu subscribers who already have the no-ad version or Hulu+Live can still take advantage of the deal, but will have to pay extra, with Disney refunding the $5.99 cost of limited Hulu each month.”

Similar boat here… I have no-ad Hulu (because I’m not paying money for a TV service with ads… Well except for cable… But come on… That’s Why I have Hulu) which isn’t in this bundle.

My cable bill doubled after the promotions expired after a year, so I went with YouTube TV and couldn’t be happier. I should have made the switch much sooner.

You guys that are paying 60-80 for various streaming services, what are you paying for internet? I pay about $200 a month for my my tv and internet. Feels like some of you aren’t paying much less than that.

I have AT&T fiber for $50. The thing with a regular cable package is, it really wouldn’t replace Netflix or other services, it would just be on top of.

I pay $65 for internet. I pay $51 or so for Hulu Live. I feel like that’s the direct competitor to cable.

If you want to add in Netflix, it’s about $12/month. I feel like I would have that whether or not I had cable, that’s more of an alternative to video rentals.

I have Prime Video, but that’s more of a fringe benefit of free shipping. $10 a month.

Disney+ I average around $4/month.

So, depending on how you want to look at it, $116 to $142.

That’s pretty reasonable for internet. To get the speed I would need it would cost me about $80 a month. I think internet pricing is going to be the next gouge.

Don’t want our TV? Here’s your new increased internet price.

2 Likes

We use PS Vue, Prime, Netflix, PBS and ESPN+. PS Vue is closing down and we’re looking to move to YouTubeTV. My Mother-in-Law was being gouged by ATT for TV and Internet at around $275/mo in Edmond. We moved her off ATT to PS Vue and I’m hating the thought now of another training session to get her up to speed on YouTubeTV.

I pay about $55/mo for 5mbps download speed, which has been plenty even when multiple people are streaming stuff.

Have you tested your speed? I’ve been told you need to be 25 or better we routinely are in the 50 download speed area, I think that’s actually what we pay for. We occasionally get some glitches.

If you can stream well at 5-10 then that changes a lot as far as internet costs go.

Yes. We get upwards of 4, pretty close to 5. We have the ability to get more than that as tested by the Internet guy when he was out here installing, but we pay for 5. When we first moved in, we were paying for 3 and that was actually fine too. It would start dragging if 3 or 4 people were streaming video at the same time, so when our kids got a little older we upped it to 5.

Will CBS ever get a streaming app other than the HQ to watch for CBS Sports Network for devices other than phone app or laptop? I have the CBS All Access App which has live tv but, it doesn’t have the sports network.