Any other cord-cutters?

I enjoy switching back and forth between games too much, especially during football season and March Madness.

Also, until rural broadband gets better it’s not really an option for some of us. Depending on the time of day it’s a crapshoot whether or not Netflix or Prime will stream without buffering at my house. And DirecTV has gotten pretty good about giving loyalty discounts if you call in.

YouTube Tv is currently the best option for sports viewing given that PlayStation Vue is no longer taking new subscribers and will terminate in January. NFL network, FSOK, Sunday ticket are the only channels/packages I miss from my DirecTV days.

1 Like

YouTubeTV is pretty legit.

We started the Disney Plus “trial” which is a hilarious notion because I have a 5yo and I might as well have signed a contract in blood.

It’s pretty cool so far. I’m just curious how much new content will be added and how often. Makes me wish we didn’t buy about a dozen movies on Amazon over the last couple of years, though.

2 Likes

PVPoke, is your inter webs slow? I have never (hyperbole, of course… but truly rarely) had any issues streaming any sports that I want to watch.
Exception being last weeks Charleston basketball game. Because CBS Sports seems nearly impossible to stream, or I’m too dumb :slight_smile:
Not trolling, honestly asking about the internet speed.

Already paid for 3 years of Disney+ based on a 4yo and a 9yo. So yeah, I get the blood contract… so far it’s worth it!
I get to introduce my kids to the Gummy Bears, TaleSpin, DarkWing Duck… basically my entire childhood of Saturday mornings.

2 Likes

No, I have fiber. So no problem with speed. But it doesn’t matter how fast your internet is. You’re still well behind cable. And switching channels streaming takes forever compared to cable.

Ah ok. I think I misunderstood! Yes, agreed… it’s unconscionable that they haven’t figured out how to replicate the “precious channel” button. And the delay doesn’t bother me as much as it probably should. Worth the savings… for me personally.

1 Like

Dont get too comfortable. PS Vue is ending January 20th or 22nd. Cant remember which.

Every channel/ppv you could think of. Been using if for about a month, and fixing to cut the cord. $10 a month for 1 connection, $20 for 5. He’s running a special right now and it’s $100 for a year with 5 connections. There’s a free trial on there too if anyone’s wanting to check it out.

Color me skeptical of the legality of this service.

6 Likes

Oh, looks totally legit for sure.

1 Like

First time post shilling some service that, like as not, will install a virus that steals every drop of personal data it can before imploding and destroying the machine? Smells legit!

Lol sorry, I’m normally on Rivals just get on here every once in a while to see if there’s any new info that’s not over there. Saw the post about cutting the cord and thought I’d try and help some fellow Pokes save a bunch of money. There’s several different places you can get it from, this is just the one I use. I’m sure there’s other on here that use an IPTV service.

As a follow up: https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/dish-wants-iptv-sellers-to-hand-over-subscriber-names/

Dish is going after these services and demanding user lists to sue the individual users as well.

I don’t think I could ever not have DirecTv. It had every single sports channel I could ever want. It has every single matchup I could want.

1 Like

That’s a big one. Looking across the web, you can get this or that, stream on this device, not that one. For instance, I have Playstation Vue (until January) and found the next comparable service was Hulu Live, but my main streaming device is a Playstation which does not allow the Hulu Live app. They allow the Hulu app, but not Hulu Live. I’m sure it’ll all shake out and we’ll pay the exact same we were with cable.

Antenna or a radio with Dave Hunziker is all you need. If your looking to splurge, local sports bar to watch the game is still cheaper than satellite*. (Depending on how much you drink)