Baker Mayfield Calls Oklahoma State 'A Little Brother'

So like usual u and so r hang tight to ou shirt tail and add heros I would not claim. See u tomorrow.

Mike Leach 141-94
Mike Gundy 134-65

Leach vs ranked teams 21-53
Gundy vs ranked teams 28-37

Leach 0 conf titles in 18 years
Gundy 1 conf title in 15 years

I can understand your criticism of Gundy but using Leach as better example is off base.

The fans aren’t the ones coaching the games. That would be Gundy and his hands all over the offense instead of letting people actually coach.

Mike Leach went 3-6 against OU

Mike Gundy is currently 2-13

Mike Leach left Tech over 10 years ago, and he still has more wins against OU than Gundy does.

Forget spider monkeys…I’ll come at Baker like a Fayetteville policeman!

1 Like

Now that’s funny!

The players care more. Sadly too often the players are put at a disadvantage with Gundy’s coaching in this series.

Yes that’s true BUT Leach has no conference titles. None.

I’ve told u all joe pics one fact and runs with it. Not only has he no con champs a worst record overall and against ranked teams he has only 2 10 win season. Joe u can change u rules in ur mind but all of us live in reality.

hated that dude with a passion while he was at OU. but i actually like his commercials. How else is he gonna answer that question? “may the best team win”? come on

2 Likes

You do know the road to conference title wins is pretty much being able to beat OU, right?

1 Like

At some point, the majority of the fan base will be young enough to move on from the “We used to be horrible under Pat Jones and Bob Simmons.” mantra. The one that says “We used to be 0-10-1 so what Gundy has built is good enough now.” What Gundy has built is the best ever in terms of Oklahoma State football history, but at some point there will be more voices like mine that want to see us take the next step and win conference titles and a Natty. Gundy has plateaued. He had a chance after 2011 to become Clemson before Dabo did it. And he chose not to. It’s that simple. Robert, I appreciate your feedback and optimism and the credit you give Gundy, but we just have a different outlook. And that’s ok. Have a great day. Go Pokes! Beat the Sooners!

Travis I do know u guys have a different, and understand some. U mention clemson, I know some don’t think their a blue blood. Before debo lots of con champs, top dog in their state, had a natty, large stadium ( like 2nd in acc, has it’s own nickname). In the middle of the south. Debo has made Clemson better, but he didnt make Clemson. Your still doing the pasture greener thing. No new non blue blood have won a natty since the 90’s. I have heard all the arguments. One thing is some fans think we just deserve all this were still osu and at Stillwater.

I like the Clemson comparison. Dabo was able to build that program with an upper trajectory and eventually into a powerhouse. One of the huge factors that helped him was being able to RECRUIT PLAYERS!!!

He didn’t just go after a talented QB, HB, and WR and hope that would be good enough to get his team to conference titles. He himself recruited kids to Clemson that were good enough to give his team some kind of depth if he had some superstars get hurt or go down.

He hired coaches that were excellent recruiters as well. Most importantly he plays the game to win and doesn’t want any part of keeping games closer than what they need to be. Gundy had his chance with Texas being down for a decade to solidify himself in that 2nd spot and challenge OU consistently (and maybe even beat them) had he just started recruiting again like he first did as a Head Coach.

He had time to establish and take advantage of it, but he failed to do it. I’ve seen Texas, TCU, and Baylor like in the Big 12 title game since it’s been implemented. Still waiting for Gundy to make his way there.

OSU has a natty from 1945

Clemson has a natty from 1981

Same amount of national titles.

Clemson was good in the 1980’s

OSU was good in the 1980’s

Clemson’s last conference title before 2011 was 1991.

OSU’s last conference title before 2011 was 1976.

Besides having more conference titles and a 10 percent overall better winning percentage than OSU’s program there isn’t much of a variation between the two programs before 2011.

Joe I know u believe god has ( like moses) made osu the chosen one. But in real life, ur excuses for us being held back are real. Keep using misleading facts.

I love how ur going to compare death valley to a stadium name after a died geologist. Really joe.

The biggest difference is that Clemson only had to overcome South Carolina for in state recruiting battles. The 8,000 pound gorilla in the state resides in Norman.

1 Like

Yes OU first. Texas typically second. If we had beaten Texas, it wouldn’t matter as much whether we win in Norman this weekend. Better to beat both of them.

1 Like