Baker Mayfield Calls Oklahoma State 'A Little Brother'

Many other programs have thought they could do better and have regretted to move of replacing a successful coach.

You can only be referring to one thing when you talk about taking the next step to conference and National titles- beating OU. There is no generation alive (or dead for that matter) that has seen consistent success against them, apart from the crazy anomaly of roughly 1995-2002. We’ve beaten them 18 times, ever. If you know where to find that person, great. But pretty much every one over 30 knows how bedlam goes.

Beware what you wish for. Also, I’d like nothing more than to be wrong. It would be awesome to have a coach that could win that game even a third of the time. I know the argument coming my way that it’s just an old mentality that is afraid of change or taking a chance. Richer, more tradition rich schools than us have thought they could do better and it hasn’t worked out so well, very often.

1 Like

Recruiting joe. We second in oklahoma and if any other blue blood comes a calling were beside them. We have to go to texas now were 3rd. But equally with the 20 other colleges. We get good players just not the 40 to 60 u need to go a game and a season.
Even if u get a coach with great Texas hs connections he still in Stillwater, they can stay at the other 2nd tier texas schools.
Then u have ebb and flow of recruiting all schools have them. And there is always a hot bad new coach (Arkansas rite now) that does well at first.
There r so so many things goes into recruiting only 10 % mite be the coach.

PISTOLS FIRING!!
We’ve been upgraded from our status of being Little Sister.

Hold on Mr. Statistics. You seem to have conveniently failed to mention, he also has 3 wins against the Pokes, 3 Conference Championships and a Heisman. What have we had, lately?

I understand that we could turn into the current version of Nebraska or Texas, which is garbage right now. I get that we might go backwards in trying to replace Gundy. Which is possible. But we could also find the next Lincoln Riley. Or Dabo Swinney,

Here’s the deal: Gundy is in his 16th season. He’s 53 now. Stoops retired at 56. Gundy’s not doing this forever. He’s going to be done at some point, so there should be a contingency plan for him moving on regardless of whether it comes by firing or retiring. Hopefully, we have an AD willing to put in the work to find the right guy to build upon Gundy’s foundation.

Someone who is connected to the few teams who’ve had success against OU. Someone who truly understands what Bedlam means to Oklahoma State. Someone willing to do everything in their power to change the narrative of this series. Someone who understands that in-game coaching adjustments are just as important as off-season strength and conditioning. Who gets that it’s mandatory to recruit more 4 stars across the board in order to build the depth needed to win at a major level. Someone who wants and expects to win big in Stillwater America. I might be looking for a unicorn or big foot, but at least I’m willing to look.

3 Likes

Where does our basketball team play? I thought it was Stillwater also. Fanny holes like you said we would never get one of the top players to come to Stillwater. Well we got the top, very best. So shut up about how we can’t recruit because of Stillwater. It not Stillwater, IT’S GUNDY SUCKS AT RECRUITING.

1 Like

U shut up norman troll we got the #1 with a job offer. How many times does a non blue blood get a top 5 class in football. In basketball it take 2 to 5 players. 25 in football. Talk about losing leads boynton has many of them. So do not start getting us distracted with basketball. Apples and oranges. U and joe try ur best to pull the rug over are heads. Problems is u need a full deck to play.

Lincoln riley he couldn’t coach a jr high team he lose to less teams every yr. Lost 3 4th leads just this yr. No natty top 10 class every yr. Didnt make ou a blue blood were do u guys come up with this idea. I already talk about dumbo

And as bad as Lincoln Riley is, Gundy’s never beat him. We’re still at Gundy sucks.

1 Like

No u r

I never hold hands with ou trolls so there is no we.

Do you got your tee shirt ironed?

Once again u wrong never had one never even knew it was a station. What does it matter anyway, the worst they are suppose to have done is said BLM has bad people involved. Which is true. The real racist college is ou. Riley doesn’t get recruits it’s that ou stamped on his forehead. He has it stamped so he won’t forget who he coachs for.

Don’t forget to dye your mullet tomorrow night. We know Gundy has his done but you will get along fine doing it in your Momma’s basement.

This coming from someone who is leaving soon, to walk the norman streets. Make sure ur wig and makeup is straight.

C’mon! You need to be honest. In just 3 years, Riley has won 3 Bedlams, 3 Conference Championships and gone to 3 CFP Bowls.
The extreme jealously looks terrible on you.
We simply wish we for a football program, like the Sooners have AND a Coach like Lincoln Riley. Sad thing is; we’ll forever be wishing.

Could you and Gundy do us a favor and keep your shirts on. I know it’s Bedlam week and it’s become a tradition, but that’s one tradition we need to drop.

No way am jealous of ou. Riley is not this wonder kid. If u believe he is the next saban then ur on drugs. U guys are the jealous one, every time u go I want this I want that. I feel sorry for u guys.

U have a fetish for Gundy’s tee shirts. Is that the street walking in u. I don’t need to color my mullet unlike u who needs a wig

Riley came in to a blue blood school and hasn’t screwed it up yet.