Baker Mayfield Calls Oklahoma State 'A Little Brother'

I just heard it might be cool Saturday night, don’t forget to tuck your sweater in.

Nobody said he is the next Saban. But you selling him way short and neglecting his success, tells the entire story. The proof is in the pudding and the pudding is made of CHAMPIONSHIPS!

Tuck sweater in never heard that before is that what the boys in norman do in the parks

Not Norman, Midwest City on the way to be head coach at OSU.

No got laught out ever time. He is not my coach so I owe him nothing. And if u think u owe if awe then more power to u. At least ur better the joe going on and on about fired coach. Everytime osu wins against ou in any sport. But want something just because 100’s of lawyers and doctors for yrs paid players and had coach like switzer to become blue bloods ur crazy.

Was lost. Ur in midwest city giving head.

And Gundy was SUPPOSED to turn us into a power house, that would consistently beat the Sooners, continually win the Conference Championship and even bring home the National Title.
He’s helped improve our image and winning percentage, but that’s it. Now he’s simply coasting, dedicated to the money and his mid-life crisis.

Ok go get us a new coach that changes. Bad culture that loses

Miami Colorado Baylor are teams that won like u want

Keep talking, the jealousy is oozing from you.
Let’s just be honest, our football program and it’s staff, is not a pimple on the butt of a real championship program’s butt!
That’s why our battle cry is always, “WAIT 'TIL NEXT YEAR!” And we wait, and we wait, year after year after year.

Not sure u understand the meaning of the jealous. I have no draw to ou at all.( not jealous). U want what ou has, a dream loving set in ever time ou is said out loud( jealous).

Talk about jealous. U two just talk about Gundy shirtless and his money.

OK… I guess I was wrong. I thought you might actually want a championship program, Bedlam dominance, conference championships and the continual opportunity to play for the national title.
The way you degrade those who actually do/have those things, sure appears to be motivated by jealousy.

Once again u are wrong Perry. I want to to win. But u jealousy of Gundy and natty’s drive u there.

Fair points. I think the really difficult part is trying to find that person who can overcome the OU obstacle. The talent is always overwhelmingly in their favor because of the recruiting. But it seems like you have to beat them to edge them out on recruits. It’s a chicken/egg scenario to me. Maybe try to figure out how Auburn has managed to compete with Alabama? Something like that.

How can I be jealous of Gundy? He’s failed to meet expectations.
And he’s now a slacker. He knows our University thinks he’s a gift from God and will never terminate him, simply because he’s helped lift us from the bottom of the conference.
He’s also a con man, who went on so-called job interviews, simply to squeeze more money from our University. When quite frankly, he did nothing that deserved getting a pay raise.
My attitude isn’t jealousy, it’s disgust. And it’s mainly directed toward our Board, for continuing to put up with Gundy’s wheel spinning and shenanigans.

Lincoln can coach. If he weren’t at OU, he’d have success somewhere else. Might not be as easy or immediate, but he would win football games. Quite a few of them. Give Lincoln the Texas Tech job for example. I can promise you, he would have them in better shape than they are now. If you gave him OSU’s roster this week, and gave Gundy OU’s roster, I’d pick the Pokes by 10.

Look I don’t care. I would only guess why u would. This not an ou site or a Lincoln site. Travis by now it’s clear ur becoming a ou troll. How else can any explain ur obsession. If u want me to agree with it’s not happening. I will give u a free evaluation. This yr at ou, team that has over 50 4 star. Ou has played 7 games, beat a lower level team. Then ran in to 3 winning teams lost 4th leads in all games. Eeked out a 3rd overtime win. Then play 3 losing teams and one. So Lincoln has won one game against a winning team, with a qb here groomed. Its alot different not have a high quality qb walking of the street. Now does that sound like a guy that can coach. He will win game but because he is at ou .

1 Like

Good grief all the Gundy-haters here. Ridiculous. I live in Pittsburgh these days (which is great, I get to see James Washington play all the time and occasionally Mason). They whine here about Tomlin much like the folks here whine about Gundy.

Truth is, you don’t know how good we have it. He’s the best coach OSU has ever had. There is no doubt about that. He’s won 2 Big-12 championships, one of those outright. Even if you go back through the long history of the Big 8, OSU has a total of 3, 2 shared. So Gundy won 2 of those 3. 9 out of 15 seasons, finished 3rd or better in the Big 12. Only OSU coach to coach, much less win a BCS game. 14 straight bowl game appearances. In the top 10 for current winningest college football coaches. Beat OU twice, same as Miles and only one less than Simmons (7 of OSU’s 18 wins in Bedlam are in the last 30 years). Could we possibly do better with a new coach? Sure. More likely we do worse though.

1 Like

What year did Gundy share a big 12 championship?