Baylor > Oklahoma State?

They’ve beaten us 6 out of the last 8…? :unamused: :clap:t3: :clap:t3: :clap:t3:

1 Like

Schools that OSU went .500 or worse against minimum two games from 2010-2019 seasons:

OU : 2-8
Baylor: 4-6
Central Michigan: 1-1

What if I told you that over those 8 games we had actually outscored Baylor by 4 points?

2 Likes

Noticed that. The two times we won, we obliterated them.

It’s almost like a mini-OU situation.

1 Like

We are -91 in the same time frame against OU…

FIFY

3 Likes

Reference @TotallyNotRook’s puking gif.

1 Like

Like it or not our “Rivals” are Baylor and Tech. Missouri would be included except they don’t want to play us anymore.

Tech kicking our a** the last two years after us owning them for nine straight years prior to that is almost as puke-worthy as the Baylor situation.

2 Likes

Yeah we were finally about to take the series lead on them then we bit the dust the last 2 seasons.

Thanks 2017!

My point was oSu is behind Baylor talent wise after their program imploded. More than the rating difference is talent recently being 4-6 in the Big 12 conference. This makes the margin for error razor thin and 10 wins seasons as the ceiling IMO. It also helps partially explain how oSu got ran over in Lubbock last year. I do think Knowles has been an improvement on defense in evaluating talent and scheming. My hope is Oliver is the start of good things for LB recruiting.

I just disagree with you here. I think they are close to equal talent wise, and 247 doesn’t really disagree with that. When you are close in talent, you are gonna win some and lose some against the other dudes. Happens. Baylor’s good. (puke).

I love that approach verses what oSu has been doing. If oSu had been rock solid on fundamentals and consistently developed better game plans recently I would support Gundy’s approach of better coaches over better recruiters. Hard to argue oSu has been out coaching other programs enough to offset the talent difference between the programs that compete regularly for conference titles in the Big 12.

Gundy has changed his approach as coach over the years. It is my opinion changes since 2013 haven’t made oSu more competitive. I liked the Knowles hire, but special teams is a head scratcher. Holding coaches accountable for recruiting is mostly non existent. A huge part of my issue is I was 100% on board when he made CEO changes to the practice schedule, contact, sleep program, etc. I really thought it would help the program but IMO it hasn’t translated into better play.

Why is Baylor good?

They’ve got a FANTASTIC supply of tractors.

1 Like

How do they ride tractors and recruit. They must be good at multitasking.

No no. The recruits ride the tractors. Farming gets done, and it’s a fun activity.

Perhaps that is why Gundy is up to three tractors. Watch out top 25!!