Bedlam Hate Week

This is pretty much the entire side of my Dad’s family - diehard Sooner fans who didn’t go to school there (not sure any have attended a game in person either). Having discussions or watching games with them is unbearable. Thankfully I have lived out of state for 25 years.

5 Likes

I legitimately laughed out loud. Well done.

Their mascot is a bandwagon.

3 Likes

What’s the difference between OU and a bag of poop?

The bag.

2 Likes

4 Likes

2 Likes

There is nothing redeeming about their fans or their school. The only interaction I have with those people is when they ask “Would you like fries with that?” Period. End of discussion.

2 Likes

2 Likes

The worst part about bedlam at home is we will have several goons surrounding us in the stadium. They have been buying the seats around us for years and selling all the games that aren’t bedlam. It’s gross and I’m already mad about it.

1 Like

Yeah that’s awful to deal with in my section.

You just described the Alabama and Ohio State fanbases as well. Maybe even Notre Dame’s, which is really ridiculous.

2 Likes

As far as my OU hate goes, I’ve made it very clear it’s frustrating to lose consistently to your in-state “rival”.

For some supplementary information, I went to Jenks my entire grade school career. The prevailing belief was that most Jenks kids went to OU…most Union kids went to OSU…and the remaining ones were scattered among other public schools, and then a handful of private ones. So I supposedly went against the grain by going to OSU.

A lot of the OU “fans” growing up truly turned out to be complete jackasses. That’s not just a funny thing to say, it’s an actual personality trait. And so, I just keep wanting OSU to turn that corner and put them in their place more often than current trends would dictate.

People here in Tennessee always ask “Ah, the Sooners?” when I tell them where I’m from and what school I went to. Because it’s the “default” institution, apparently. It’s annoying. I want it to stop. I want people to think “Oklahoma State” first.

^ That might be a deep psychological dive.

5 Likes

Happens to us in Houston as well. We say Oklahoma State and they want to talk about the big game (OU vs Texas). Irritating!

I would say it about anywhere in the stadium…but especially seeing as that is my section as well, please oh please don’t sell them to any asshole OU fans.

1 Like

boren

President Boren…back in the day…

2 Likes

Ou wants to beat us, but if they blow us out we’ll drop out of the polls and they’ll lose a ranked W on their resume.

We’re a 14pt dog! No bueno