'Bedlam Is History,' but Mike Gundy Bullish on OSU's Future Sans Oklahoma

How can one be 4-7 over another in only 10 seasons?

1 Like

Canā€™t stand the truth!!!

1 Like

Because one plays another in the conference championship game. Thatā€™s how.

1 Like

When you bring the truth i will write more then blahs.

1 Like

This maybe your stupidest post ever joy !! No one except you and your dad bash Gundy and the football program on here. Well maybe Jeff, the other stooge ā€¦ you two are mentally deranged and need to be on meds at the least Does Gundy keep you from sleeping at night ? You deny facts that we are the second best in conference in wins but praise Briles for a couple of corrupt champions. Tell me again where Briles is coaching, how many championships does your other hero Campbell have, or Leach ? Mentally deranged Iā€™m telling you. You need to see a shrink

1 Like

Yea I disagree, Blue Blood teams like OU and Texas have a huge following of fans who never went there for their education. I know this anecdotally as Iā€™m too lazy to try and find actual data proving the point LOL. e.g. of all the OU fans that I have known through the years Iā€™ve only met one person who actually went to school there, unfortunately that person is my sister LOL. For most non-blue blood schools the fan base consists of people who went to school there and the local community. I would say that that represents a good chunk of the college football fan base. A lot if them have no interest outside their preferred team so once you remove their teams ability to compete I think you will see a measurable drop in fan participation, at least watching college football broadcasts, This wonā€™t kill College football but it will be ruined or diminished for a lot of folks. The blue blood homers will still be happy so good for them I guess.

1 Like

@bruce4 I see your point & donā€™t disagree completely on fans of particular schools losing interest. Where I disagree is whether that matters. I donā€™t think it does. The ratings, eyeballs, TV deals & popularity needle isnā€™t moved one way or the other by those schools anyway. I love college football & will watch as many games as I can, regardless of whoā€™s playing. But letā€™s say you eliminate the games/fans of those programsā€¦ā€¦ā€¦it doesnā€™t change anything. You can see right now by how basically those schools are being left behind in the Conf shakeups right now. Iā€™m not being arrogant or dismissive of it because I donā€™t like it either. But itā€™s just an indication of those programs and everything that come with them really donā€™t move the needle enough to factor into it. I think there are many more people like myself that are just football fans period. Theyā€™re gonna watch a game, regardless of itā€™s their alma mater. The ratings for these games indicate that being the case.

Earlier a poster mentioned stopping his viewing of the NFL because of kneeling. Thatā€™s a good barometer for this discussion. Iā€™m sure there were a large group of people who either stopped watching the NFL or somehow instituted some ban on Nike as well. But it had zero negative effect on the game or the brand. If the NFL and/or Nike survived/thrivedā€¦ā€¦.I think college football will too.

By the way I didnā€™t graduate from OU. Iā€™m a North Texas Mean Green grad. My family is all OSU fans, with I think 2 actually graduating from OState. I get your point though & appreciate the conversation

Fair enough.

I answered that, you clown.

I mean, weā€™re rewriting history. Maybe Nebraska isnā€™t 3-5 with their rivalries in tact. You keep that rivalry alive and Nebraska is probably in a better place.

Right on que, good ole Joey. One thing about the idiot, he is consistent.

1 Like

Pat Jones coached 11 straight years at Oklahoma State without winning a conference championship now can mediocre Mike (Pat Jones 2.0) tie that record this season?

1 Like

No, ā€œweā€ arenā€™t. You are. Iā€™m living in reality of whatā€™s actually happened. Youā€™re dealing in what ifā€™s that are predicated upon somehow a 3-5 team helping OU get to a playoff. Thatā€™s flat ignorant.

If you said what you think what will happen to OSU by losing the OU rivalry, I mustā€™ve missed it. My apologies. Do you care to restate your stance?

When you stop lying by trying to make something look better than it is Iā€™ll start to believe you more. Google is there so you donā€™t make ā€œmistakesā€. Like saying Boise was ranked at the end of the year. There is a reason the internet exists.

1 Like

The only people mentally deranged are the ones that think Gundy is going to be the catalyst to get OSU to BB status when he struggles at just winning a second conference title. Thatā€™s even with OU not in the equation either.

1 Like

We seem to be consistently right when we tell you Gundy isnā€™t going to win another conference titlešŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø (Unless he changes). We ā€œidiotsā€ over here have 10 straight and consistent years of evidence to prove it.

1 Like

Lots of people riding you. And you come back with blahs

2 Likes

Yea your comparison to the nlf is interesting. Although data on the NFL is fleeting I would say that itā€™s not what it use to be. There is a enough money there for the NFL to be viable but it is not what it used to be.

2 Likes

Also the true test is what happens down the line. If things continue on the the path they are on you wonā€™t be debating me here going forward. Instead it will be someone from Michigan or Ohio state. Have fun with that.

2 Likes

You talk about 16 years of straight bowl games. Why not talk about 10 straight years without a conference title?

2 Likes

Blah blah blah

2 Likes