'Bedlam Is History,' but Mike Gundy Bullish on OSU's Future Sans Oklahoma

You didnt answer me. You just asked a question.
I have proved in many ways osu is the 2nd.
Prime example Baylor has only had the best record in the league once but won 2 tites without title games. Just because so they got lucky. If you cant see that then your theoron you show.
Answer the question i know jug wont. What do you want from your smear campaign.

2 Likes

Osu had its most wins in a six year period in the late 90ā€™s and early 00ā€™s. Uo was bad. Did that help us. No the 7th year was one of the worst games ever. Uo had a running again. A&m and Mizzou recruit better in the sec are they better. Rivals are for tv.

2 Likes

Yea none of us knows what will really happen. What I do know is I will not watch OU or Texas play football once they move to the SEC because 1. They wonā€™t be playing a game against OSU and 2. The game between the two of them will have no impact regionally i.e. will not matter in regards to the B12 standings. Iā€™m also pretty sure that there are folks with the same mindset as me

2 Likes

I get it. I have no issue with that. While you may not watch that game or any other SEC gameā€¦you are definitely in the minority. While I hate the SEC love fest and attitude that permeates that Confā€¦the overriding fact is that its the superior football Conf in all the land

Well minority or not a lot of us will be moving on from college football when the only relevant teams are in the B10 and SEC. I get plenty of kicks watching college baseball and wrestling so at least Iā€™ll have that.

2 Likes

Agree 100%, football will never die, but the route college football is taking it could very well take a bit of a dive. Just my opinion. They need to expand this playoff system fast and figure out a decent governing body to replace the ncaa.

1 Like

Kneeling before the flag and national anthem killed NFL for me. Havenā€™t watched a single game since. Same for NBA and womenā€™s national soccer. If oSu college football or basketball goes woke, I will never darken the door again.

4 Likes

Okā€¦ā€¦hereā€™s a harsh reality: the ā€œrelevantā€ teamsā€¦ā€¦.are going to remain as they are. There are about 10-12 teams a year that legitimately have a chance at the playoff as it is PRIOR to the Super Conf stuff. This hasnā€™t changed that.

The only thing youā€™ve proven is second most conference wins. One could argue since Baylor has more trophies they are that 2nd program. As Iā€™ve stated before. You only look at the entire thing through orange shades. If people felt confident we were the 2nd best team in the conference they wouldnā€™t be predicting Baylor to be ahead of us this season.

People are picking Baylor ahead of us and weā€™re 4-7 against them in the last 10 seasons. Thereā€™s a prime example for you right there.

2 Likes

When talking relevant it is in terms of financial resources. Texas isnā€™t relevant on the field but they are when it comes to finances. If things keep heading the way that they are heading the financial chasm between the haveā€™s and have notā€™s is going to become insurmountable. There is a reason why pro sports have revenue sharing, it is so the teams in the smaller markets can compete with the teams in bigger ones. Currently that is not happening in college football and that is a problem.

Joy in your logic baylor is second because of titles and this years preseason poll. Ok got moron.

Now explain reall what your smear campaign is about. That last post did mean anything. Thats not what you really want. I didnt see anything abody gundy being fired.

I did see you wanting what the jones has.

Joy i find less and less reason to talk to you. Uneducated self entitled loser. We have one play on campus with a issue its bad in your eye. Briles has upwards of 20 lets reward him. Your tunnel vision with selective topics bore everyone.

1 Like

I agree. Iā€™ve said that the gap between the haves & have nots will continue to get bigger. I just donā€™t think that kills the game by any stretch. Itā€™s gonna change the landscape. But the people who turn in to watch the have notsā€¦ā€¦.arenā€™t moving the needle as it is

In 2018 they predicted OSU to get 4th and Baylor to get 9th. Guess who finished ahead?

In 2019 they predicted OSU to finish 5th and Baylor to get 6th. Guess who finished ahead?

In 2020 Baylor was under a large rebuild and dealing with COVID. The only reason Gundy beat them is because they had 42 players missing for the game.

In 2021 they picked OSU to finish 4th and Baylor to finish 8th. Guess where the 2021 Big 12 trophy is sitting?

What do you need to know? If youā€™re going to convince me that a guy is head and shoulders above the rest I need to see his trophies. I need to see how he stands up in rivalry games (Not against Tulsa). I need to see if he has the ability to adjust a game plan when some of his best players are missing, and not run the same exact thing.

Nopeā€¦.youā€™re being an unrealistic blind man thatā€™s sprinting towards the cliff when almost everyone is telling you to turn around.

1 Like

I guess weā€™ll see. Could be bad. If we can take over the conference, we might be ok.

1 Like

Repeating over and over your same remarks.
And ignore al the important parts about baylor. Preseason polls stuff. Only u and your daddy take polls as trophies. You bore me. I cant understand mentally unstable women.

1 Like

Back to stupid arrogant Gooner mode. Yā€™all have it, but sometimes you try to hide it. Will love seeing you humbled in the SEC.

2020 over Notre Dame maybe. 2016 over Ohio State. They did have the HTH, so probably not, but they didnā€™t win their conference. Couldā€™ve improved seeding some years so you werenā€™t constantly going in as a 4 seed taking on Bama and Clemson and LSU in the semis.

1 Like

Itā€™s because itā€™s true and you donā€™t like it. So you have nothing else to say or counter it.

How is Baylor able to consistently beat the odds and Gundy canā€™t?

1 Like

Yeahā€¦ā€¦Iā€™m sure a win over that 2020 Nebraska team that went 3-5 REALLY wouldā€™ve tipped the scales of the playoff committee :joy::joy::joy::joy:. Iā€™m sure they also wouldā€™ve somehow decided to take OU over Ohio St in 2016ā€¦ā€¦.even though the Buckeyes had already beaten OU by 3 TDā€™s in Normanā€‹:joy::joy::joy::joy:

Like I told youā€¦ā€¦thereā€™s not been a single season since 2010 in which the lack of playing Nebraska has effected OU

Iā€™m still waiting to hear how you feel the lack of a rivalry with OU is going to effect Oklahoma St???

It will allow Gundy to pad his record just a little bit more.

2 Likes

Joy again repeat blah blah blah. Until you actually have anything new to say. I will repwat blahs.

1 Like