Believe It or Not: On Early Bedlam Expectations and an Injury Check

What happened to Tay and the LSU transfer widereceiver? Why didnt they play Saturday?

1 Like

Yea u lied. u really don’t know what I rite. U missed the pick 6 comment that up to 35 pts. Which was all sarcasm. 52.5 pt against ku tech tcu and teaxs( 3 ot). Mine was sarcasm, yours u really believe in ur ou boys.

Hard to know for sure. Years we think OSU should be competitive, they can fall apart and the results aren’t pretty (2015). Years where it should be an OU blowout, we get the unexpected upset (2001, 2014) or true nail-biter of a loss (2018). Who would have expected with Corn-dog as our QB that year that we’d take OU to the wire and lose on a 2-point try? I remember the Ice Bowl (1985) and being there live for 1988’s near miss. Seen a lot of losses. This year, seems like everything going into this game is going OU’s way (4 straight wins, OSU banged up) so more than likely, it’ll be a nail-biter.

1 Like

Wait to see who Vegas picks to win Bedlam.
OSU will go in ranked higher than OU. But logically, the Cowboys will be a drastic underdog.
Vegas has no heartstrings attached to either team and holds no blind loyalty. They’re only about the money, as am I.
As of late, the Sooners have been showing how to handle unranked teams. While as usual, the Cowboys continue to struggle.
The writing is on the wall.
Will Gundy and Company get destroyed again, just for Gundy to immediately declare what a “fun” game it was?
Since Boone Pickens is gone, who will send a note of congratulations to Gundy for losing?
Yes Sir! We’ve become too content with “almost”.

U spent 10 minutes type and thats what u wrote. Vegas this vages that Gundy bad. Osu over rated. Took 30 sec.

It’s ok. Now I remember who/what I’m trying to communicate with.
HEY! I have an idea. Let’s sing!!

“The wheels on the bus go 'round and 'round.”

Once again u r showing u r 12( not smart 12 ). Maybe ur r a real bus drive. But, there are more then likely people on this site that have learning disabilities or more server disabilities. I’m sure they will not think it’s funny to use the short bus comment for ur amusement. Just because I don’t bet or what ever drives ur bus, doesn’t mean u can defend urself with short bus jokes. At least joe try’s to use misleading facts to defend himself. U it’s the short bus and vegas. My comment was for to understand u need to expand ur thoughts because I’ve heard all u got to say

Bedlam’s in Norman:

2012- OT loss in which OSU led all of regulation.
2014- OT win
2016- Led in the 3rd, a poor final 20 minutes lost it.
2018- lost by 1 on a failed 2-point conversion.

History tells us bedlam in Norman will be close. To add to that, let us consider that in 3 of those 4 games OU came in significantly better than OSU, and OSU had no business being in the game other than 2016. We’ll need a much better offensive game than we’ve seen out of this team to have a chance to win, but the defense alone can keep this interesting. OU scoring 60 two straight weeks would be cause for concern if they didn’t do it against the 2 worst defenses in the United States of America. I think the D does what they’ve done all year and slows OU down, my only concern is whether the offense will be able to score the 30-40 points it will take to win. If I had to answer that right now after Saturday I would say no, they can’t. But I think they’re capable at least.

#2. You’re correct. The OLine has been regressing each week. My only optimism to play devil’s advocate is we will have a few guys back for bedlam, and Tylan on the edge spreads the defense out. KSU was able to play man on the backend and crowd the box with Tylan out Saturday.

#3. I think the assessment of receivers is unfair. The coaches need to do a better job of evenly distributing the ball, but the receivers haven’t underperformed. Stoner has been really good when the ball actually gets thrown his way (he absolutely caught that pass Vs Texas no question) and had a good game Saturday in an otherwise anemic passing offense.

1 Like

When Shane was in they severely limited the playbook. They even say so straight up on the documentary. They didn’t want him doing anything crazy, and it seemed like they called plays to Tylan every single snap. They let sanders throw over the middle some, which he did a lot more of Saturday. I hope with Tylan back they don’t go back to the “throw it to Tylan and pray” offense again. It usually works just because Tylan is unbelievably good, but I’d like to see some more of the inside curls and slants they ran vs KSU. Spread the ball out some and then hit Tylan deep when you get the chance.

To help the run game we can switch siles and Jenkins to guard ever run play​:thinking::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::rofl::exploding_head: or move the both to the same side on swepts​:upside_down_face::wink::innocent:

You simply focus on the short bus and Vegas, because you have no defense against the other facts I bring forth.
Our program has become complacent with mediocrity/no championships.
Gundy does not have or promote a killer instinct.
No matter what we’re rated, the Sooners will be dramatic favorites, going into Bedlam.
Gundy says losing can be “fun”.
Gundy gets rewarded when he fails to meet expectations.
The town of Stillwater has zilch to do with recruiting. It all has to do with the fact that TRUE championship caliber recruits want to play for championship caliber programs and coaches.

1 Like

A lot goes into getting big time recruits. If think that Stillwater is non factor then u are sadly mistaken. By ur own admission programs bring in players so a new coach wouldn’t help. Its takes alot of players. If we could only have 24 players we could hold r own. But while those other 120 players ride the bench do they want to do it at Austin or Stillwater.

One thing is true, get a new coach will not make osu a blue blood. Look how and elite aggresive coach has done for ku. Actually they’ve hired two elite coaches.
Keep winning and pull a team together will help in the long run.

I think we’ve seen how all of Gundy’s winning has improved recruiting the last 10 years.
2011 - 25
2020 - 40

1 Like

I have no idea what those # stand for

It does? Cause I’ve seen programs like North Carolina, Missouri, Purdue, Utah, and South Carolina just to name a few get better recruiting results than Gundy.

1 Like

Utah has always done well. But those other 4, what u talking about.

2011 national recruiting ranking for Oklahoma State University Football 25th

2020 national recruiting ranking for Oklahoma State University Football 40th

All u had say recruit class. So.

That doesn’t take into account the 4☆ that have transferred.

2 Likes