Big 12 Could Add Cincinnati, Houston, UCF Before 2023 Football Season

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/big-12-could-add-cincinnati-houston-ucf-before-2023-football-season/

A 14-team Big 12 may be on the horizon.

1 Like

If the Big 12 budges an inch for UT and UT north I will be disgusted. If they wanna leave early, squeeze every single cent out of them.

7 Likes

Screw the money, make them play !

Dance monkey dance !

2 Likes

And I hope the future SEC schools are treated to some “farewell officiating” on their way out

4 Likes

I want the CFP to not go beyond 8 teams and include all Power 5 conference champions.

1 Like

No negotiations.
No compromises.
No settlements.
OU and Texas stated it was their intention to stay in the Big 12 until the end of the contract. Hold them to it.

5 Likes

If the big 12 maintains P5 status

Why wouldn’t we. We hold up to those yahoos at acc and pac12.

1 Like

On the field we do but the media is going to do its best to discredit the big 12 every chance they get. We will get hosed on the next media deal I can feel it now.

6 Likes

Here’s where we review the recent bowl season record, where the B12 kicked the SEC all over the school yard.

1 Like

On the field yes, but we don’t bring in the money Oregon, USC, Washington, Clemson, FSU, and Miami do. You almost have to have at least 1 traditional blue blood in your conference to carry any weight, regardless of on field performance.

2 Likes

Doesn’t matter though. UGA, Alabama, LSU, Tennessee, Florida, Texas A&M, will always bring in higher revenue and that’s all the powers that be care about.

1 Like

Leaked from a Big 12 meeting, just last weekend:

Texas: Pleasssse. We really wanna leave. SEC has a lot of has been’s and wanna be’s. Auburn. Tennessee. Florida. Ole Miss. Just like us.

Kansas: NO! We need at least one team we can beat.

Chair: Kansas exercises its veto. UT stays.

Texas: Noooooo…

6 Likes

Well it’s all about tv eyes. Non of those school are bring in tv #'s. The title game could be a prelude to how we are look at. Over 8 million watched a non Texas ou title game.

1 Like

I can see both sides of the coin here. You don’t want to be in jeopardy of losing P5 status, and at the same time you don’t want to deal with the Texas and OU antics. If P5 status was lost you essentially have to guarantee yourself an undefeated season to get to the CFP.

That is, unless, they expand it to 8 teams. Then the at-large bid can come into play. We all get tired of losing to OU on a consistent basis, and at the same time you need them that in the hopes that you do beat them, it looks like a good win on your schedule.

1 Like

We’re not losing p5 identity.
Second the playoffs going to 12, not 8

1 Like

That’s why we added big television markets to expansion and not Boise.

I agree… but the Big 12 ‘hosed’ itself when we didn’t expand to 14 or even 16 teams years ago. We could have been the first power conference to 16 teams easily… and now instead of the first, we are primed to be the left out/poached conference when ESPN formats 4 16-team superconferences for college football playoff simplicity and money.

Not sure that I still care, as amateur college athletics is a thing of the past. :cowboy_hat_face: :frowning_face: :upside_down_face: :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

I don’t think the location matters much. Everything we added is second rate at best in parts of the country that are heavily invested in other conferences. I think they will use that angle to get the Big 12s rights for very little. I guess we will see.

I agree. The Big 12s management was terrible.