Big 12 Media Days

I have to say, the Big 12 having a media day has kind of put me on notice that football season is almost here. It’s kind of exciting!

6 Likes

@marshall Ask Gundy his thoughts on NIL effects on recruiting and if he has noticed any changes yet.

We’ve seen the entire OL get deals for Notre Dame and Wisconsin so I’d think it could play into it.

3 Likes

If I don’t, I’m sure he’ll get about 400 NIL questions tomorrow.

1 Like

Do you have like a list of safe topics to ask about so you don’t lose any progress you’ve made in getting rid of the ban?

Nah. I’ve asked very little to him that has ever been too controversial. I’m going to do what I always do.

2 Likes

Ask him if he doesn’t like you or if he doesn’t like the idea of you.

12 Likes

Tell him your respectful to the media and that you love your mamma.

21 Likes

I was packing during Chris Klieman’s presser, but it sounded like they might have a QB battle between Thompson and Will Howard.

Said they have two QBs.

6 Likes

Let’s just hope they don’t have a third stringer.

16 Likes

And skylar was listed mountains above Sanders on the National QB list… :man_facepalming:t3:

2 Likes

@marshall maybe a question about who has taken over as the leader on defense?

Edit: and who on defense that didn’t get a lot of run last year is standing out this year in practice?

7 Likes

Will Howard is legit awful. This has to be Coach speak.

9 Likes

So my boss is a K-State mega homer and small time booster, from what he tells me/what their message boards say Howard looks the part during summer workouts. But that would be a Herculean leap for him to go from what he was to Skylar’s level in just one offseason so I will chalk it up to his familiarity with the offense is making him look much better against a very thin K-State defense whose second team probably has a lot of young players/walk-ons on it.

2 Likes

So we might just have a gem with Ethan Bullock and not know it.

6 Likes

Or a backup wide receiver for that matter…

2 Likes

All questions need to be about Caleb Etienne and Christian Holmes/Korie Black.

No exceptions! :joy:

5 Likes

That was also on my list!

1 Like

Should still be testing anyway. 1 in 5 cases of Delta are in vaccinated people. Not saying that to be controversial, simply in response to the Bowlsby tweet. Contact sports will still be risky and I can imagine even mild cases will have an impact like Ice’s mono a couple of seasons ago. Looking forward to seeing how it plays out, hopefully not as complicated as I think it might become.

3 Likes

DROP IT.

3 Likes

It’s sports related. They talked about it in the Media Day today. I hope it all works out and no one gets sick for 2 weeks in a row. :woman_shrugging:

14 Likes