Big 12 Reportedly in 'Deep Discussions' to Add Multiple Pac-12 Schools to League Membership

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/big-12-reportedly-in-deep-discussions-to-add-multiple-pac-12-schools-to-league-membership/

Could an 18-team Big 12 be in the works?

1 Like

Adding just to add does nothing. The top teams to add is Oregon, Washington, utah and Stanford. Thats it if we cant get them we just diluting our pay.
With all the talk that utah would be the only one, then do a searcher for the best next to. Got to make a blanced league. Not a 50 team no body circus

1 Like

Unless its Oregon, Washington or Stanford…adding those teams would do nothing but dilute the payout from whatever TV contract theyd get. Adding subpar programs does nothing

Snapping these schools up eliminates them from joining the other super conferences. It’s a Numbers game now. Stanford is insignificant except in a few non-revenue sports. Cal and wazzou, nope.

1 Like

18 team conference? Ridiculous. I think it’s time to find a new hobby, other than watching college sports. TV dishing out enormous amounts of money to conferences has ruined the sport. I am so pumped to be able to watch OK State battle Colorado again in football----sure!

2 Likes

You have to salvage it in some way. We don’t get to control what every other program or conference does. Unless you guys want to battle it out in the Mountain West? I don’t really like it either, but I most definitely think if you want some kind of money infused into it then it’s crucial you get Oregon and Washington on board.

2 Likes

Beside your stupid mountain west comment you did ok.

1 Like

The latest notter dame said no. Go get Oregon, Washington and utah and a school in the east . That 16 with schools that can make money. The others will just dilute us. They have bad tv numbers. If the acc teams do break out the we can get more. But im happy with 16.

And no merges.

If Gundy had it his way that’s where we would be headed.

Stupid comment

1 Like

You think Gundy wants to go somewhere where no one will broadcast our games ? Yea that’s a stupid asx comment. No one pays a conference like that. I’m hoping we get at least 2 prime time games featured every week and don’t have to have the chity ESPN +

1 Like

So I guess if the Big 12 took those six PAC-12 teams then the pod system could come into play:
West: Arizona, Arizona State, BYU, Oregon, Utah, Washington
Central: Baylor, Colorado, Houston, Oklahoma State, TCU, Texas Tech
East: Cincinnati, Kansas, Kansas State, Iowa State, UCF, West Virginia
Every team plays the other teams in their pod (5) and two teams from each of the other pods (4). Top two teams advance to the conference championship.

1 Like

Where did you hear that ND said no if you don’t mind me asking?

I wonder how difficult it would be to get out of the deal with Cincinnati/UCF. If we add PAC 12 schools, it would be nice to have a few slots available. The ACC will blow up eventually, one way or another. If we had a few open slots, we could grab whatever scraps the B1G and SEC do not want. NCST, Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech, Pitt, and Louisville are all way better adds than Cincinnati or UCF.

Couple of places i think john kurtz talked about today.

1 Like

That way we only take the best. We add more when acc goes out

Gundy wants to go somewhere he can win a conference title and have an easy route to having the most wins of any OSU coach and not have it broken. He gets excited winning the Independence bowl and acts like he doesn’t give a dam trying to win the Big 12. Actions speak louder than words Robert.

1 Like

Lol poor joy.
Us normal fans got excite when we won the Fiesta.

Any way i thought you said gundy never got excited.

1 Like

What is it that you don’t understand? Of course a regular fan should be excited winning the Fiesta bowl. Gundy knows the better he does the more he’ll have to work for that pay. Why do you think he only does this once every 10 years?

What makes you get up in the morning. You have major issues. You own any guns. How much you and your dad want a new coach. I think a psyhc evaluation is in order.
Do you sleep on gundy sheets. Have you every made it thru a day without think of gundy.

1 Like