Big 12 Title Picks, Predictions: Will Oklahoma State Win the Conference Crown?

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/big-12-title-picks-predictions-will-oklahoma-state-win-the-conference-crown/

Our predictions for OSU’s Big 12 title matchup against Baylor.

1 Like

The Cowboys are 11-1, not 11-2. Don’t jinx anything!

3 Likes

First off there offense will not change which qb is out there.
They will try to run alot and hit long passes. . If they want to bring out a hurt qb great. If they want to bring out a freshman qb great. Stop the run.
Special teams need a clean game.
Sanders will play good. Who ever we got running do it 100% and hold on to the ball

1 Like

It’s sad that a osu fan posted how ou will be fine.
First they have never had so many decommits and transfers. Yes the will rebound enough to be 8 and 5 in the sec. Lincoln did want to go to the sec fact. He will be happy being a 10 and 2 coach getting g alot of titles.

1 Like

Its an 11am game. Hopefully the cowboys can keep their emotions in check and get a good nights rest and be ready to fire on all cylinders. If they fix the issues they had with special teams and missed tackles last week, they should be able to win if they just keep doing what they have been doing the last two months. Go Pokes!!!

4 Likes

Wrong thread Robert? Did not see where anyone said that on this thread.

I think Marshall is about right. I don’t see Baylor scoring more than 2 td’s unless we turn it over a bunch or muff punts on our own 2 yard line

2 Likes

Yes I know. My account has been screwed up so I got to post where I can.
U never posted me back about basketball.
Go pokes.

1 Like

I agree. I think OSU is the better team it’s just going to come down to turnovers. If we have as many as we did against OU we’ll get beat but if we play a clean game I think we should win.

Giving up the ball 4 times last game and they still lost to oSu… I like our chances.

2 Likes

I’m gonna go 30-24 OSU. Offense looks better as of late and defense will do what the defense does. I just have a hard to believing we can’t put up 30 on a team that gave up 24 to Tech and 30 to TCU.

I think we throw a pick six or Baylor scores a special teams touchdown to keep it close. Baylor gets one last offensive possession and Jim Knowles defense puts it to rest on 4th and 7 from the 45 yard line.

1 Like

I hope we blow them for “style points” but more than likely it’s going to be a tight affair.
OSU 27
Baylor 20

2 Likes

I am going to go with Cowboys 41 Baylor 28. Cowboys come out strong with 21 unanswered points before Baylor scores 2 touchdowns to make it 24-14 at half with the Boys getting a field goal. After the half we get the score up to 31 -21 heading into 4th before the run game starts to wear on Baylor and we make it 41-21…we give up a late touchdown before the end of the game because the twos and threes get some play to soak in the championship win. I am having a hard time seeing them scoring 28 on us…but then again stranger things have happened. Rodriguez has a 20 tackle game to show why he should have been up for more awards. Pokes become #3 in the final CFP ranking and we bounce Michigan by 7 to set up the slugfest with Georgia. Mark it down! #HellsComin

3 Likes

Roll in like u own the place. It’s always done me good.

2 Likes

I’m going OSU 35-13, don’t really know why but that’s just the score that keeps popping in my head.

4 Likes

I really hope you’re correct.

Please tell me your head is saying Georgia pushes Bama’s shiit in too.

3 Likes

I think it will come down to Baylor’s quarterback play and our ability to play clean (turnovers and penalties). If their QB can scramble, make some runs down field and get some 50/50 ball completions against our secondary then they might have a shot. Our weakness against OU was exactly that, QB breaking for big gains and hail mary 1on1 chunk plays into the secondary. if we can keep these things from happening and play clean then I think we will win.

1 Like

I think one of the 3 slip up between Bama Michigan and Cincinnati, I think one of them loses

1 Like

Hope it’s Bama. Playing 2-3 with Michigan could be an awesome game if it somehow shakes out in our favor.