Blue Blood Analysis - Updated through 2019 Season (+2020 and 2021)

Impressive and appreciated …interesting read also ! Now, regarding an open position we have in our Predictive Analytics dept … I’d like to setup a phone interview …:sunglasses::clap:

11 Likes

@OSUgary, I have to give you credit for being the resident “business guy”. Your comments referring to company culture always make me giggle a little.

4 Likes

Yep …guilty as charged!

1 Like

Qualifications: BS Industrial Engineering and Management, Oklahoma State University, 1987. :wink:

4 Likes

Great work.

1 Like

@Alum_in_AZ, coming from someone who claims to be an excel dork of the highest magnitude, and can’t even buy a pair of jeans without making a spreadsheet to compare… Take this as an extreme compliment when I say…

7 Likes

This is amazing descriptive analysis. I’m curious. Did you get the data from all those sources individually and combined them yourself to make the source data, or it is available as a data set somewhere ? I would like to play around that data too. Thanks for this!

1 Like

I compiled it myself. Kind of painful. Consumed several lunch periods. :slight_smile:
I will see if I can message you the file or not.

5 Likes

OK, one more interesting point that shows OSU’s rise. Check out these tables showing OSU’s record in the 80’s-90’s and in the 2000’s vs. the True/New Blue Bloods, the Fading Powers, and the Rising Powers. Pretty noticeable improvement in each category. Sad to see how many teams we don’t get to play due to the Bowl infrastructure (latest evidence is the CWB picking Texas instead of us to go against Notre Dame). Programs in red have won at least one Championship in the 2000’s.
OSU vs True and New BB
OSU vs FP
OSU vs RP

4 Likes

Sorry - another perspective. A week or so ago, @AdamLunt posted a recruiting profile and I decided to map his recruiting tiers to my Blue Blood analysis categories. They seem to map quite well - Tier 1 as True and New Blue Bloods, Tier 2 mostly Fading Powers, and Tier 3 mostly Rising Powers. And on the field - Tier 3 is outperforming Tier 2 despite lower recruiting rankings.

5 Likes

Thank you! You have put a lot of work integrating this data.

2 Likes

“I will see if I can figure out how to use this email thing…”

2 Likes

This after he did all that work with the data which is too much for my small brain to comprehend.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m actually deathly afraid to even dip my feet into that pool of information. It’s PF’s version of a Friday news dump!

2 Likes

Alum, I have always appreciated your insights on OP, and continue to appreciate them here. You’re an awesome dude and this kind of information is more appreciated than you know for some of us!!

9 Likes

Sounds like you have a bit of a crush there Keystone

2 Likes

Almost as big as my crush for you, Scotty boy

2 Likes

Caution - you should not dig into this! You and the Doctor like to operate on emotion. This is my Spock-like logical investigation into the data. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Haha. Touche. (I have just not used the message function on this board, so didn’t know what it was going to do…)

1 Like

I haven’t completed my update on OP as they’ve changed the image upload method. :neutral_face:

2 Likes