Bob Stoops Pens Op-ed Defending OU's Move to SEC, Takes Shot at OSU

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/bob-stoops-pens-op-ed-defending-ous-move-to-sec-takes-shot-at-osu/

He also responded to Dr. Shrum’s recent comments.

Stoops rings the classic sooner mantra- only football matters. Regardless of whether SEC wants to invite oSu doesn’t make OU any less douchie for doing it behind the Big 12/oSu’s back. In Stoop’s world, oSu having more NCAA titles than any Big 12 program is irrelevant. This is the mentality that looks past “stems and seeds” and his players pounding friends heads into poles.

2 Likes

Why is a Fox Sports Studio show participant talking about “our school and football program”. Is that how he’s going to discuss OU on Fox - we did this, and we beat so and so?

1 Like

Question for any PFB moderator watching here. Are we allowed to post links to opinion pieces that are outside of PFB? I found one by a Steve Deace that, while not OSU specific, takes a broader look at he impacts of this move by OU and Texas and provides some insights into things that I haven’t even considered. If we are allowed to post links to things like this I will do so. If not I won’t. Thanks

2 Likes

Go for it!

Can you all disable the cuss-blocker on here for a few minutes?

2 Likes

Hey Stoops, as soon as you become President of a University instead of a blockhead football coach who thinks that means he’s earned some lofty platform in society, we’ll be sure to listen to your expert analysis. Until then shut up, moron.

1 Like

Stoops sounds like KD trying to justify the move to Golden State. As if 0U needs more national exposure, lol. And this statement: “The reality is that conferences are now more important than ever and, with limited spots, the strongest conferences would not accept OU if we were to require OSU to join as well.” Which conferences (PLURAL) is he talking about? There’s only one–SEC. Not sure any other conference is even comparable (B1G maybe). And why couldn’t the BIG XII have been one of those strongest conferences? Or at least among them, had OU/TX not sabotaged it all. So now that “conferences are more important than ever”, OU decides to send one up in flames…makes sense. It’s unbelievable to me that they think this is not a detriment to the remaining schools in the conference. But this is the most insane take of all: “Tickets will be in high demand and OU, Norman, and ALL OF OKLAHOMA WILL REAP THE BENEFITS.” I’m looking forward to reaping those benefits here in Stilly. Enjoy the ‘hardest road’ OU…

5 Likes

I would like to know where the transparency was from OU that Stoops claims was there. I don’t think OU needed to inform OSU of its plans, but I certainly think OU should have let the Big 12 office know what it was planning. It’s called professionalism and conducting business in an ethical manner. Stoops was implying that only OU is capable of bringing football glory to the state of Oklahoma. How many NCAA championships in football has OU won since being in a number of playoff games? Zero! That brings embarrassment, not glory to the state.

2 Likes

Bob Stoops firing shots at our president, lovely. Wasn’t Stoops the one that sat in a room with the OU AD and OU President and watched a video of one of his players breaking a girl’s face and decided a redshirt was appropriate? I wonder if OSU had a situation like that how they would handle it :thinking::thinking: (insert Tyreek Hill). Also what ever happened to the Oklahoma State manager that was physically assaulted at the last bedlam game? Was that swept under the rug? Pay the family off or something. I remember OSU had a cheerleader who didn’t even touch an OU player and he was reprimanded and the punishment was made public. I say bye OU. They will be a perfect match for the SEC where it’s all about football and money. I would like to see OSU find a home that allows our entire athletic program to flourish. Maybe the Pac 12, although I hate the time difference and travel for the programs.

I will definitely be at some Bedlam events this year! :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Thanks, I’ll do it here later this evening

Stoops punted to Tyreek Hill twice. He should forever and always shut up.

To hear Texas and OU tell it – as well as any number of media outlets – the Longhorns and the Sooners MADE the Big 12 Conference. Carried it, really. Yet, they didn’t like the direction the conference was going.

Hello?

In college football, as in life, when you find someone complaining, you can usually tell that someone/something to look in the mirror if they want to see what the problem really is.

Goodbye and good riddance. The Big 12 will survive without these narcissistic underachievers.

1 Like

This is good. I’m in the camp that sees no value in playing them ever again. This has real explosion potential. UT v. a&m style.

2 Likes

Thanks Bobby I didn’t know ou was in such a jam. U clarified everything. I really feel bad for making a big stink over ou. We need to let ou sign off when every they need to for free.

What reality is this dumbchit living in. Lil💩 I’m glad he is retarded I mean retired. What is this we chit, he graduated from Iowa. Go home and build a football field in the corn. Another piss poor ou coach.that couldn’t win.
Ou can’t win unless they have all the card stacked. They are called goons for a reason.

1 Like

Not sure this is a good idea but I found a couple opinion videos that provide some insights that were somewhat unique to what I have seen or heard from the majority of pundits that I have listened to over the last week. So I thought I would share them here in case anyone was interested. Steve Deace is in both videos and Mark Rogers is in the second video with Steve. Please be aware of a few things if you decide to watch:

1. Steve Deace can be a very polarizing person and you may find yourself disliking him within the first minute or two of watching, if so try to work around that feeling and focus on the points he is making.
  2. Steve Deace also at times comes from a religious angel in the discussions, not saying it is good or bad but it’s also not part of the points that I wanted to share by sharing the video so please keep that in mind.
  3. Neither of these videos paint a rosy picture of things and in fact they are kind of depressing, you have been warned.
  4. If you watch and don’t like them or think they are garbage cool but please don’t shoot the messenger.
    Video1: This one is about the move of Texas and OU to the SEC
    https://rumble.com/vkem9r-when-capitalism-and-utopianism-fail-steve-deace-show.html
    Video2: This video is Steve Deace and Mark Rogers discussing the move and there is some specific comments about Oklahoma State and please be warned you are not going to like what you hear. The relevant content starts at time stamp 24:48
    https://youtu.be/2zZXkf0jiU8

Stoops is full of crap. Oklahoma State would have been accepted with OU with less resistance than Texas in the SEC (A&M wouldn’t have Texas to compete with). Oklahoma state is notably more competitive than Texas is as well. Any other league would have accepted the pair as well, they just would rather screw OSU and live up to their name (sooners).

3 Likes

Well I guess in college sports football is the only thing that matters because Bob Stoops said so, what a hygiene product for women (swear checker won’t let me use the real word lol)

2 Likes

Watch this: D0UCHEB@G$

2 Likes

That’s cool Bob, you still only one title and it was with Blake’s players.

1 Like

It’s long. Lol hate watching these thing u stay because u think they will say more but no lol.
But I like it