Bob Stoops Pens Op-ed Defending OU's Move to SEC, Takes Shot at OSU

You got mad because I said they’re still going to be good. I don’t know why you’re so sensitive to the reality. You can hate them all you want (I hate them. They’re greedy scumbags). But to say they’re bad is just a false statement.

Look I dnt get mad specially with u 3 yahoos.
If u choose to respect ou that fine but dnt think I will respect u.
Ou has become a blue blood from being a bad university.

1 Like

I never said OU is an honest and trustworthy university Robert. They allow criminals on their roster without a care in the world. I just said they’re one of the best teams out there. That is a fact. Quit being so sensitive.

1 Like

Lol OK ur rite we should respect ou for making bail money.

I mean no disrespect. I haven’t and won’t say anything demeaning or “trolling”. Like I’ve said, I enjoy the content and convo. I appreciate your post and will respectfully decline the invitation to those sites. I’ve been there and it’s a litany of pro-OU propaganda that does not deal in reality. There are far more sane and realistic people on this site than anywhere else. That’s a credit to the OSU fan base.

No chance you’d get teams to jump from the SEC, which is the strongest and getting stronger, to the Big 12 that was very weak and now at its weakest in history. It’s going to be the least attractive of the ACC, SEC, PAC 12, Big 10 & now the Big 12

Then kind of odd for OU and Texas to complain about the direction the conference was going.

Good for them, tho’. They won’t be dictating terms and conditions in the SEC. And they won’t be selling conference championship t-shirts and caps, either.

My hope is the Big XII holds everyone together until OU and UT are gone – and have paid whatever fine is applicable. At that time – whether it’s now or in four years – invite Houston, SMU, BYU and Cincinnati.

2 Likes

All he is simply saying is that it’s very dumb and naive to say a program sucks when they’ve for the better part of the last 21 years dominated the conference they’ve been in and had multiple national championship showings and CFP appearances.

If your speaking about them sucking ethically and morally then we can all agree. If your going to make a statement then you should probably be more clear and articulate in what you mean instead of just putting a broad statement out there and expecting someone to understand what your talking about.

1 Like

Thank you very much. I respect and admire your civility and honesty. You are a credit to your fan base. Wish there were more like you. You have changed my mind. Carry on!

1 Like

You don’t know until you ask. People who hate Texas and have been screwed over by them in the past may have a different opinion…i.e. Texas A&M, Nebraska, and Arkansas. Just because Texas and OU are all about the money only doesn’t mean everyone is so shortsighted as to totally screw their conference mates and collective fanbases for the all mighty dollar. Bottom-line, the arrogance of ou and Texas is NOT going to serve them well in the long run in terms of completive advantage…see the fate of other arrogant actions by former glory programs (i.e. Nebraska).

Ok, Nebraska didn’t make a love because they were arrogant. They made a decision because they were butthurt. They didn’t think long term. They thought emotionally & it has all but killed their football program, which in turn handicaps the rest of your athletic program. That’s why you people who hate made fun of or mocked OU & Texas for “chasing the almighty dollar”………you guys are clueless!! THATS WHAT DRIVES YOUR ATHLETIC PROGRAMS ACROSS THE BOARD. If you’re not driven by the dollars, then you’re not going to last long. How in the hell can anyone bash OU or Texas for joining the best conference in the country!!! It’s the most visible. The most lucrative. The most competitive. What do you think OSU would do if they had the chance!!! You people criticizing HOW THE MOVE WAS DONE……ok. You have a little wiggle room. But to be blind enough to not see that this is an absolute no-brainer move that bolsters your program and university from top to bottom…….is beyond me.

I want to know why u guys speed so much effort on this.
Is it that u really love ou
Is it just the simple fact that u guys think I’m brilliant and any way u can get one on me. Ride a winning horse till it is just a saddle.
U guys do speed to much time on ou subject and me.

Well if it’s only about money to better your program then Nebraska bettered their program right? They’re irrelevant on the field , but didn’t the big ten have the highest payouts per team last season? Might be wrong but I know it’s up there. They just suck at football these days, I don’t think that will happen to OU ever but ya never know

2 Likes

Nebraska, as it’s been documented, left the Big 12 due to them being mad at Texas and it’s influence on the league. They got mad & left. Zero foresight in that decision. Look, I’m not saying it will absolutely work out long term for OU & Texas. Who knows? But, I am saying that it is an absolute no-brainer as to why or if they should’ve made the move to the SEC. As an OSU fan, do you think OSU would’ve gone to the SEC if they were given the chance? Do you think they would right now if they were given the chance? If you say anything other than HELL YES……then you’re mistaken

I’m just saying money isn’t the reason their program sucks as it seemed like you were pointing out by bringing up the financial fortunes OU will get by joining the SEC. I personally believe the big 12 should’ve folded way back when Texas pulled their shenanigans

U come on here and think because we put crap on about ou we don’t think.
We know it’s about the almitey dollar.
But making money and comparing money means better athletic is where u r wrong.osu was the only big 12 that sent representatives of each sport to nationals this year. Not only do we hold r own in the all sport bedlam series we had a record margin this year.
My question is what does ou and Texas spend their money on.
We hold r own in the sports area. And with a whole less money.
Will that extra 20 million final be enough to get u a natty? NO.
Will it help u win friends and influence people? NO.
Will it help u sleep better? Today maybe. Just think if riley can’t win games win he is an underdog and loses to teams like ksu and isu. That last statement is what I will leave u with as u go forward on u sec odyssey.

Why are you so hard on Nebraska? Is one reason to leave a conference really better than another? So they left the big 12 because they were butt hurt. They are earning roughly $20 mil more in the conference they are in. I’d take that kind of pay increase. It just so happened their football team tanked. Can’t remember how competitive they were at the end of their big 12 tenure.

On the OU side, it would be impossible to call them greedy, as it would be plainly impossible to call anyone greedy. The SEC is offering them a massive pay raise and a bump in prestige.

The assumption for OU is that the football machine will continue to perform at basically the same level it has been in the SEC. Sure, whatever. TBD

Does this come down to playoff seeding? They surely wouldn’t be making the playoff more than they are in the big 12, especially on the 12 team format. Does being 9-3 in the SEC get you a better seed than 11-1 in the big 12?

1 Like

You get on here and think the other sports success matters. You get on here and think the overall Bedlam record matters. You get on here and think losing a game to KSU or Iowa St matters. You get on here and think golfing or wrestling nat titles matter. They matter to you, the fans. They matter to those guys and gals playing the sports. But do they matter, one single iota to the powers that be? To the TV networks? To the other Power Conf’s? THE ANSWER IS NO. Why? BECAUSE THEY DONT MAKE MONEY!! The football money pays for virtually everything you see. Let me ask you a question……why did Boone donate all that money? What was his desire for that money? TO WIN IN FOOTBALL. Football drives the train big fella. It’s just a fact.

I’m not hard on Nebraska. I just simply have brought them up as a timeline and dollar amount when they left. They made more money, which is great. They just hit the skids on the football field. That absolutely could happen to OU. I have no idea. I don’t see it hurting their overall success, because they’ll still have a stronger foothold in Texas. I think they’ll be just like Georgia. They won’t be Bama, nor will anyone else.

If the playoff wasn’t expanded, I don’t think this move gets made nearly as easily. If it’s a 4 team playoff & OU jumps to the SEC, they’ll have a hard time finishing top 4. But once it’s expanded to 12 teams…….you have to think all you have to do is finish in the top 4 of the SEC to get in now. They can absolutely do that. Finishing 9-3 in the SEC will likely get you in the playoff. And getting in the playoff gets a payday. The actual seeding……only matters come playoff time. They don’t care about the playoff seeding when trying to figure out whether to leave the Conf

U r confused I never said ou will not make money. Nebaska makes money, and all there sports have gone to heck.
But this new found saver will not change the facts.
Riley is a loser in big games.
Ou will still recruit in the trouble 10.
Sec made out.
Texas my never see a bowl game again. Just like ou may never see a conf. Title.
But u guys made :moneybag::money_mouth_face::money_with_wings::heavy_dollar_sign::euro::dollar:
Dnt come on here spouting off ou has a great sports program. Ou had a bunch of donors back in the 40’s pay players and the corruption has never stopped.
Thats why u guys ate blue bloods.