Bob Stoops Pens Op-ed Defending OU's Move to SEC, Takes Shot at OSU

I’m still not sold on how this makes sense football-wise. OU and UT will be second fiddle to Alabama and LSU. Can’t see that it will help with recruiting. Best option would have been to work to bolster the Big 12 and stay top-dogs there. So its really about the money, in my mind.

well, I guess we’re off to the ACC or Pac-12. Even assuming the Big 12 could go and get Houston/Boise State/etc, the Big 12 would not be seen as a Power-5 conference in football.

1 Like

Football wise: Recruiting is the lifeblood of your program. That will get better. You say LSU & Bama will be superior to OU. I don’t agree on LSU, but let’s go with that. Georgia, Florida & A&M are currently playing second fiddle to those top two and they’re still recruiting at a very high level. OU & Texas will recruit better in the SEC. period.
The money addition will allow the 2 new programs to do more in the program. Not so much for Texas because they’re the most profitable school already, but OU. Look at the football staffs from top to bottom at Bama. Then compare it to OU’s. That’s able to be done with a bigger budget, which is due to at the end of the day……FOOTBALL REVENUE.

Ok, maybe I’m just dumb. I can’t really understand your answer. So dumb it down for me. How many will vote no? Just give me a number

“Won’t see one ever again”:joy::joy::joy::joy:. OU has won National titles in the 50’s, 70’s, 80’s & 00’s. They will win one again at some point.

I believe they’ll win another one at some point but I do believe this is their best chance for awhile this year, once they head to the sec it gets a lot tougher to just get to the playoffs

2 Likes

It’s not here to help football. It’s here to make money for ou

R u a religious man. Start praying.
First riley will not be the one.
Second why would the top guys go to ou when the r still the same other guys.

How many will vote no?

I would assume only 1 will vote no. If ur worried some much u need me to reassure u, u need to head to the bar until the vote

Only 1?!?! What?!?! You’ve been all over here saying Mississippi’s won’t. Missouri won’t. Why the change now?!?!

It’s not a popular test. It’s all about money. We are talking about the South and their football. I dnt understand why approval is what u need. By me say 1 does just confirm the crap of the world.

On another note, I am intrigued by how OU and Texas are going to be received at their conference away games this year? What’s it going to be like in BPS for the final bedlam game

1 Like

As respectfully as I can say this: You have the options of SoonerScoop, CrimsonandCreamMachine,DirtBurglars, The Daily Oklahoman…so many options for you to discuss OU among other Sooner fans. More places to get OU content. Cowboy alums/fans do not have the same number of options for content and discussion. Right now, the last thing I want is an OU fan coming in discussing this with us.

3 Likes

Good point! It’ll be interesting to see, Stillwater oughta be crazy for bedlam

1 Like

Yea 98% of the time folks who post on rival forums are doing so to troll. Not sure why they would be there otherwise

I have no troubles with him. We have ar0 Joey and logan that talk more ou chit then their fans

So your telling me the SEC will hold on to Vanderbilt, Arkansas, Mississippi State, Missouri, and Tennessee (who sucks now). However, they wouldn’t be interested in an OU and OSU pair coming to the SEC?

All I’ve ever asked is when Mike Gundy is going to decide he wants to start winning bedlam games. Looks as if now he doesn’t have to worry about that much longer.

So a few things to Bob Stoops…You are a football coach, actually an x-football coach. Granted at a University who values football over all things holy and has repeatedly made moves with ONLY football in mind. This is just more of the same from the “flagship” FOOTBALL program that happens to drag a college around. The difference here is that one institution in the state is still a University with a football program and the other continues to be a football program with a university. Sadly ou is a shortsighted school that can’t see beyond football to what is good for the state and others in it. Btw, Bevo enjoys having ou to put them in a conference where they will be lower to mid tier and ou will also be mid tier. I’m done with ou football and will never watch another down of them playing unless we still have Bedlam and I hope we do not.

What O-State needs to do is get on the phone with A&M, Missouri, Nebraska, and Arkansas right now and strike back. All of those programs have been screwed by Texas…and now Texas is out of the way IF they re-join the Big 12…ALL of them should be looking for a fresh start and getting away from Texas again.

1 Like

Wouldn’t be surprised to find out that excluding OSU was part of the conditions OU set for joining the SEC, of course we’ll never know

2 Likes