Bob Stoops Says OSU Leaving Big 12 with OU Last Decade Was 'Likely'

I’m glad ou and Texas are going. But saying they didn’t get their’s money worth is a joke. Texas is 1 and ou is 8 in revenue. That is what it is. Ur trying to sell me aload a pile of💩.
I can’t remember was fsu in the acc when they won their last natty. If so the did a lil. Besides that only tcu with 1. Maybe Utah.
So the odds of those two aren’t good of doing good.
We’re not talking a bunch of tcu going up.
Miami fsu Nebraska Colorado a&m Missouri. Alot of these teams were doing good rite before they left.

I didn’t say a word about how much money they do or do not bring in on an annual basis as a whole. This pertains to TV revenue only because that’s the driving force, and as this situation is showing UT/OU brought with them the majority of the TV value, yet were being paid the same as the other 8 members. This was In addition to already having to fight against the national narrative of playing in a weak conference every year. So I ask again, in what world does that situation work long term. At some point, the individual bringing in the value is going to start getting wondering eyes.

1 Like

I want to know beside sec which 10 teams were overall better then the big 12.

Big ten has large school with big population centers.
U take those 2 out. Osu would 2nd in the pac12. 3 rd in the acc and not by much.

What could have got them money were to add teams years ago.
Texas ou ran off 4 teams.

Every conference has money getters.

I understand completely why they r doing this. They did more damage in this conference over the last.25 years then good. That is why I’m glad their going

Based on the available teams, adding more teams 10 years ago would have done nothing but diluted the annual TV payouts for football just as it would today. There wasn’t anyone willing to come to the big 12 that would replace the value of the 4 who left and there wasn’t anyone willing to come to the Big 12 that would have brought enough value to increase annual payouts for each school.

And when I refer to the narrative of playing in a weak conference, that’s not my opinion and obviously not yours either. Unfortunately neither of our opinions on how good the Big 12 is matter.

Lastly, take the orange color glasses off for a second. Prior to making this announcement, What exactly has OU done over the last 25 years to damage this conference?

OSU along with Baylor and TCU had the opportunities to become brands on a national level which would have put the Big 12 right with the BIG and SEC. problem is, none of the 3 could be consistent enough on a year to year basis for more than a few years at a time. So instead of the conference championship being a dog fight between 3 or 4 teams every year it has been 1 team that will try and challenge OU for a couple of years then that team falls by the wayside and is replaced by someone else. It’s never long enough or consistent enough to take serious, hints why every other conference has had a least 2 different teams make the playoffs.

1 Like

Let me think, how has ou hurt the big 12. Besides running off 4 teams.
The biggest thing is not winning out side the big 12.
One natty in the last 35 years.
Why is the acc thought of higher then the big 12. They have Clemson. Heck just winning a playoff game, not losing them by 35.
We had the worst blue bloods of them all except usc.
Tcu is 4th in the tv numbers. I’m sure their numbers were around byu are now. Before they joined
Add a team like byu or dnt lose teams.
Every conference have top teams and bottom. Ou should have act like a better top team.
Compare top teams what ou won 9 games 1 time in awhile. How many times has tosu Alabama lsu Clemson. Really the other 9 hurt ou by not letting them win all the time. It cost us playoff spots.
I see ur points but expand them too.

I’m not even going to comment on the not winning enough. OU is the only program in this conference that’s won consistently. Clemson isn’t a blue blood, if you want to talk about ACC blue bloods Florida St. and Miami would be considering more of historical blue bloods. Clemson did what none of the non blue blood schools could do in the big 12 by winning for more than a year or 2.

As far as running 4 schools off, you should say thank you. The top 3 schools being discussed in 2016 were Houston, Cincy, and BYU with the 4th coming from a group that included SMU, Air Force, UCF, South Florida, Temple, Tulane, Rice and Colorado State. No combination of these schools would bring in enough value to increase the payout schools earned on an annual basis. Yes TCU is 4th in Big 12 viewership, now take Texas and OU games off TCUs numbers and then look at the new average and compare the difference. Without the OU & Texas games they are 5th out of the remaining 8, with only Baylor and Kansas drawing less so I’m not sure what your point is outside of the fact that OU & Texas make inflate viewership numbers for certain schools. 2 schools brought value, and outside of being able to add some big time national programs, which the Big 12 couldn’t do the value was not going to increase enough to justify splitting the pie 4 extra ways. The only justification was to try and have 2 divisions and a CCG. They figured out how to do that without adding teams because they weren’t willing to lose money by expanding. These are facts that have been known for a very long time, how is this part of it even an argument anymore.

1 Like

I made all my points but one. The iowa state game for us would have been still the 3 best game in the pac. That was before them being really ranked good.
Take as many games u want a way. People in Dallas and LA would not watch tcu usc.
Osu tv equaled ku ksu isu combined.
No one will be watching the Oregon game in the next few years. Ok ur rite. Some said to do away with sports. Let’s just close the school down and burn it. Go to jucos.