Bob Stoops Says OSU Leaving Big 12 with OU Last Decade Was 'Likely'

Well I think that them saying the make a game alliance is just talk. No one will want to play more then to power 4 school a year out side there conference. To do this the pac 12 needs to get 2 more teams. It’s not basketball. But that mite be what they r talking about
The real purpose is the playoff expansion, which was started by the sec commissioner. When the ou texas move was made at least 2 comm. Said the playoff is on hold.
U urself had thoughts of alot of sec getting in the playoffs. Well so did those guys. So my thoughts is they will limit the power 4 teams to 2.
Expand into some super super league want happy. The big 10 and pac 12 are happy with what they got to the most part acc is too. It’s all about stopping the sec from getting 4 teams into the playoff.

Example of what I mean take last year in the expanded playoff. For sure sec would have got Florida and a&m in. At best then big would have got northwestern or Indiana. Not both. Pac 12 would had one. Big 12 would get ou. That big12 is switched to the sec down the road.
The playoff team get big money and the sec knows that. Get 4 in ur at least doubling the other conference.

We always knew Stoops was a pile of :poop:, now we know just how big, :poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop:

1 Like

Just out of curiosity, what makes you feel like he’s a :poop:?

I think stoops went more over the line then needed. Switzer gave a more realistic take.

But what I want to know is stoops a good coach. Take away the ou brand is he really a better coach then his brothers. Kentucky probably had its second best year after " bear Bryant "
Arizona has one division title ever and no title since '93. So he did really do bad.

Stoops being a defensive guru, and letting his defense completely fall to the dogs.

Was Bob Stoops a really good coach? The absolute answer is yes. Clear cut, no brainer YES. Being at a name brand school doesn’t mean success. The 3 guys that came before Bob can tell you that. The guys that have come after Mack Brown & Bobby Bowden. Or the guys after Spurrier. Ask Harbaugh. To even ask that question about Bob Stoops is yet again , showing your ignorance. He took that job at its lowest point in arguably the history of the program. In the 5 years before Bob, they averaged 4 wins a year. In his 1st 5 years, he won 2 Conf Titles, played in 2 Nat Championships & won 1 Nat Title.

If you’re referring to Mark @Kentucky, he’s done a very good job.

Mike did not win. Arizona is a tough job. The OSU fans clamoring to get to the PAC 12 should be leery of how tough it is to win in that league when you’re separated from the majority of those schools in-state (Cali)

I pointed out those things about the brothers. Both school are hard to win at.
So being a blue blood means nothing.
Instead of miles we could have got stoops and he would have had a natty in stillwater.
No comments about how well his defense were.
And on those “other” coaches. Well there was plenty of things going on after switzer that played in.

So he should have quite after the first 5 years.

Not to mention we never poured this kind of sh-t on them when they canceled Bedlam wrestling because, coach’s own words, “not competitive enough.”

Do u remember when the big 12 vote against bakerjackess for one more year. Ou cried told ever one that if someone did change their vote they would leave.
Osu helped them out. That being a good instate partner.
It’s really funny how ou is dragging their feet with tcu and the qb. Ou the diva

“So being a blue blood means nothing”. No fool. I didn’t say that. Being a blue blood has a ton of benefits & it’s own drawbacks too. What I said was you don’t win just because you’re at a blue blood

Well

Sorry I was laughing so much. Blue blood dnt win. Stupid and rite at the same time. But the recruits the blue blood names do.
I’m curious what kind of drawbacks does ou have from being a bb. Like u guys get paper cuts alot.

No dude, again you’re wrong. They voted initially and it was 5-5. They then reconvened & voted again. It was 7-3. OU never threatened to leave the Big 12. Thats just made up stuff on your end. The difference is that Tech didn’t want Baker. Didn’t give him a scholarship. So OU, Baker, & 6 other schools felt he or players in his situation should be allowed to do the same. The case with the OU-TCU QB is that it’s dealing with a scholarship player. Not a walk-on who has no scholarship. Whether you agree with OU or not, I don’t care. But at least know the difference between the two situations

Yes they did say they would leave. This kind of chit is way all of us are happy ou and Texas r going
It’s still a transfer but ou is only holding up because it’s a tranfer in conference so dnt try and lie. How many tranfers did ou get this year.

The drawbacks are more boosters influence. Too many chefs in the kitchen. You have a much shorter leash to win. You have far more people/entities pulling at your time than just coaching. Zero anonymity. Huge fish in a huge bowl. Robby I’m gonna give you a chance to act right here, or I’m gonna banish you to the minor leagues dbag

U really are the funniest chit I’ve read I just giggle.
Banish me u only answer what u want. U cry like a baby when others dnt see what ur tunnel view is showing.

U do know I’m the only one talking to u. U r the minor league.

It doesn’t really matter how many changed their vote. We did that my point.

Why is this a shock to so many. Regardless of industry, when you have an individual or in this case 2 entities that bring in the majority of the value/revenue within an organization but are forced to split all income equally there are going to be issues long term. Why would anyone expect them to keep taking less than they are worth for the good of the other 8? And yes, I realize most peoples issue is about how this was done and not that it was done, but again if we want to be realistic, the remaining 8 schools along with the other conferences would have done everything in their power to stop it if UT/OU/SEC would have come out and announced they were having discussions instead of waiting until all their ducks were in a row and they were in position to finalize everything before anyone could react. It sucks for those of us remaining, but anyone that views CFB as anything other than big business is foolish at this point.

OU has taken in less than their value for a decade to be a good in-state partner. The SEC didn’t want Mizzou in the last expansion, they wanted A&M and OU which anyone who has paid any attention to realignment already knows. OU said OSU is coming to or no deal but SEC only wanted 2. OSU has had over a decade to prepare for this and become a big time national brand and increase their $ value, but they didn’t. Instead of building off the success of 2010 and 2011, things became stagnant and unlike Stoops who had enough self awareness to hand things over & do what was best for the future of the program when he saw the same thing happening at OU, Gundy just continues to basically maintain what he has instead of continuing to try and build.