Boone: Five Predictions for OSU Football in the 2021 Season

Hubbard really ur going with that.
Ur buddy Joey believes presley is the best thing since sliced bread. Jenkins was great but the whole line is better. So I know the situation fits ur hate toward gundy. We will see.

In 2017 Justice Hill had 1650 yards and 16 touchdowns (lead the conference) which RB is going to do better than that?
In 2017 James Washington had 1550 yards on 74 receptions, which WR is going to do better than that?
In what world does Sanders account for the same kind of yards as Rudolph?
And they only got 3rd in the conference.

1 Like

I wait for this.
Football is a team sport. This defense will be good.
I like ur double standards u guys cry that they only throw to Wallace to much

1 Like

I agree Iā€™m highly skeptical of Sanders. If he puts it together I think weā€™re the second best team in the big 12 and play OU in the championship game. But I donā€™t have enough confidence in Sanders I think itā€™ll be much if the same, 8-4 and weā€™ll lose 2-3 games we shouldnā€™t have because of bad turnovers.

They have been sticking to the wall the last 4 years apparently.

1 Like

I knew the jr high kid would like the spit wad reference.

We lost four players to the NFL (three starters from the offensive line total) and still finished 4th in the conference. That tells me under a Gundy led team that we better find about 5-6 players that are NFL caliber or close to it if we want to find a way to finish 4th again. As of right now that is unproven.

Really? Someone hasnā€™t been looking at statistics from 2019-2020. Even Kansas had better stats than us as far as the offensive line is concerned. If you donā€™t believe me you can find it here: https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs

Donā€™t forget Marcell Ateman in 2017 as well (59 receptions, 1,156 yards, 8 touchdowns). He was on that 2017 team.

1,550 receiving yards, 1,156 receiving yards, and 1,650 rushing yards and yet still finding a way to finish 3rd.

That defense was terrible. Me and you couldā€™ve put up points against that D.

Yet that defense was still considered better than OUā€™s by most experts, and OU was the one that found itself with a Big 12 title and CFP appearance.

Both defenses sucked that year. Rudolph threw an interception on the 3 yard line when we had a chance to take the lead going into the 4th. That was the difference in that game.

That was a rough night for me, I watched OSU get beat by OU then a few hours later I got shot in the mouth with a Roman Candle.

Just need the O line to hold up (not have to be great just decent) and this team can be very good. Specially with the defense being very good. The defense has worked on zone coverage which should make them better than last year. Along with that if Spencer is as good as Gundy is saying then we are B12 championship calibre (at least to get to the championship game).

Ifs and buts indeed. If Gilbert held on to that interception against OU back in 2013, OSU would have won the Big 12 and the recruiting trajectory would have changed significantly as that would have been 2 championships in 3 yearsā€¦ then you can just chart what kind of results would have had the years followingā€¦

1 Like

Itā€™s what is known as the poke choke. We see it all the time, but we choose to do nothing about addressing that issue.

2013 OSU was a 10 point favorite and lost to tight end playing quarterback Blake Bell. Proof that Gundy is out coached in most games every year. Superior talent pulls out close wins for him every year but he has never out coached anyone.

1 Like

If only u knew what out coaching means.

If only you knew how to spell or read. :laughing::smile::smiley::smiley::grin::laughing::smile::smiley::grin::laughing::smile::smiley::grin::laughing::smile::smiley::grin::laughing::smile::smiley::grin::laughing::smile::smiley::grin::grinning:

Iā€™m happy that Iā€™m not a goat roper like u.