Boone Pickens Stadium

It already gets hot as heck in there, I worry this would cut off what little airflow there is and make it worse.

1 Like

Totally. I actually like the look now. Wouldn’t want to change it and certainly not in a way that makes it more stifling in there.

It’s amazing how much the campus has changed. New buildings everywhere, not just athletics. The new ag building is being built right on top of where my group tailgates. We LOVE that spot, but oh well, progress.

2 Likes

Can I suggest better music played throughout the game? They play Jump Around about 7 times a game.

They also switched up the intro video this past year and it seemed off? Audio didn’t match video and the timing never seemed right.

2 Likes

With music they’re extremely limited with rights, and with what can be played without people complaining. They try to get new music each year but everyone suggests things that can’t be played :joy:

2 Likes

What about shade cover like some soccer stadiums have? That would help with coverage, make it feel cooler, and turn up the noise. Needs to be retractable so we can use the lights for night games

4 Likes

A moat with laser-equipped alligators around the stadium.

Better beer selection.

“House of Greek Redux” located somewhere.

Serious answer: nothing. It’s fine as is.

3 Likes

You mean this wasn’t your serious answer? Disappointed in you.

4 Likes

I think they should move the sideline walls closer to the out of bounds line.

12 Likes

If we are going big with the ideas, I would like a teleport station with direct and instantaneous travel to/from Phoenix enabled. If they could do this to enough destinations it would make hitting the 51K season ticket threshold a sure thing. :rocket: :flying_saucer:

4 Likes

Having away game field-level watch parties on the big screen would be a fun addition if they haven’t already done it before. Not sure how monetary logistics work regarding a broadcast in that scenario, but I could see it being entertaining for those that are local or willing to make the drive.

8 Likes

Just curious, what kind of beer can you get at the stadium?

When they ask me every year what they can improve I say this EVERYTIME

You can go to any other stadium in our conference and they play newer music. Just sayin.

Coors Light and Original, Mich Ultra, Corona, Bud Light and Budweiser, Stilly Wheat… Thoses are what I can think of offhand

As for an actual suggestion, I live in Tuscaloosa and made it to a few games at Bryant-Denny this year. I can be a bit of a curmudgeon when it comes to things like this, but the LED lights were pretty cool. I didn’t expect to like them at all. It got the students into as well when utilized coming out of timeouts and to start each half.

4 Likes

Okay? I just know how the music and the staff that works on those things are and their restrictions. We’re kind of in the middle of the bible belt and conservative when it comes to the choices.

1 Like

I know older generations wouldn’t like it, but I love Tech’s playlist of tracks during games. They really get you hyped. I enjoy the trap and EDM style music among other genres though, so their audio environment aligns with my preferences.

1 Like

There is a lot of Tech talk going on in multiple threads this morning. I feel like I need a shot of penicillin or something.

7 Likes

That won’t even begin to help…

4 Likes

I will give an #old take:

I hated the mix song they used at football games, when I was there, that put a bunch of song snippets mentioning “cowboy” together. Watching a bunch of idiots dancing to the part from “The Joker” made me laugh especially hard. They didn’t even know who The Steve Miller Band was. It also had a part from Kid Rock’s song, which in hindsight, that song is awful.

I did like “Should’ve been a cowboy” at the end, though. I hate country music, but it was funny given it was Toby Keith.

4 Likes