Boone Pickens Stadium

Going away from Should’ve Been A Cowboy after big time wins is one of the dumbest things OSU has done atmosphere-wise in a long time

6 Likes

Penicillin? Try being dipped in biohazard cleanser.

3 Likes

They actually played it after every game, if I remember correctly. Win or loss.

When did you go? I was there in 2017 last. I lived close so it was the best option to get to a game. It is also the last win we’ve had against them.

9Y5BbDSkSTiY8

Just for fun, can we play Cowboys4Ever just one time?

5 Likes

2000-2004. Got to enjoy the newly-renovated Colvin for maybe a semester. :frowning:

Toby got his feelers hurt after 02 Bedlam and had his label pull the rights for the song.

That was satisfying. He was on the sideline and whoever was running music that day just kept playing his song over and over as his team was getting boat raced.

8 Likes

I think you are right. I just remember the times after the big wins the most.

What I would give to be able to say this again next year…

4 Likes

I remember our family didn’t leave the stadium for a good 30 or 45 minutes after that game singing along. We even heard it start back up on the walk back to the car.

We need a ribbon board to wrap around the entire stadium. You could use it for several things: stats for our game, scores from around the country, you could even sell advertisements. This is long overdue.

10 Likes

^^^^

We have a great ring to put the ribbon, it would be extremely useful. Plus, if you go LED, you can use it like Bama.

1 Like

The ribbon has been on the capital projects list for at least last 3 yrs…waiting for the right Donor …its listed in the top 5 …

1 Like

As I sat in my seats this year I though about the ribbon board and how cool it would look. Also, I think the new lights would be cool. I thinks it’s pretty cool after a TD they can make them go on and off and what not almost like flashing a strobe light.

Not necessarily related to football… but I feel like our song selection/play order at basketball games is absolutely terrible and has been for years. Seemingly no understanding of the flow of a game. Playing an EDM pump up song after another team goes on a 9-0 run and forces a time out is just bad.

Was lucky to be in Allen Fieldhouse the year we won (2018?). And holy cow, they understood how to pump up a crowd.

2 Likes

Does anyone else feel like Allen Fieldhouse is way over rated? Been there so many times it may just be wearing on me …however, since the 1st time I went there I have felt this way …frankly, a disappointment and it’s never revovered…

Agree. Even with football, when we’re on defense after giving up a 10+ yard play, Jump Around starts playing.

1 Like

Well you can’t play Celine Dion - My Heart Will Go On after the opponent 9-0 run either. You gotta keep the crowd in it regardless of the current circumstances. Seems like high energy or powerful music (that’s not Darude - Sandstorm, a 25 year old song) would be the route to go here.

1 Like

So to speak to this, the music is 90% planned pre game. Breaks are choreographed in detail.

Fun fact It took my buddy and I pestering our boss for a year to play “Timber” by Kesha and Pitbull at a game. We finally got it at a women’s basketball game at the “parachute drop” in our last game working in basketball.

2 Likes

Interesting insight, thanks!