Bowl Game Thread

It’s a solid game against a former big 12 opponent. Texas didn’t want to play them and we didn’t want the camping world bowl so it’s the only option

2 Likes

OSU didn’t want to play ND in the Camping? I don’t think OSU gets to choose their bowl game.

9 Likes

My understanding is they didn’t want to play in Orlando. You can kind of pick you bowl game. Just ask Tennessee. The Orlando game wasn’t great from a logistics standpoint last time. That’s just what I’m hearing from my friends inside the program.

4 Likes

If it’s not the CFB Playoff then it doesn’t matter to me.

1 Like

I’m feeling spicy about the A&M matchup. Been reading up on TexAgs, and they act like playing OSU is so beneath them. Wonder if they felt the same going 37-44 for their last 10 years in the Big 12 and losing their last four to the Pokes.

10 Likes

I’m pretty sure camping world would’ve preferred OSU over ISU… So what @EquipmentGuy is saying holds merit.

1 Like

With Texas in its several season downward slide, A&M really picked the worst time to leave the Big 12. They could have had a lot of success against their rival.

5 Likes

Have you noticed that 5 of the 6 B12 teams are underdog and the other, KSU),is a PK. I would love to go 3-0 against the SEC!

I’m down for all Big 12 teams except OU and Baylor winning.

3 Likes

Yes. This.

1 Like

And ignore any of those idiotic ‘but but but state pride!’ arguments from Sooner fans because those are definitely coming.

5 Likes

I tried years ago when watching the classic Fiesta Bowl they were in vs. Boise St. My head decided the conference win was worth it and I actually tried to will my way to pulling for them. But as the game transpired, I found myself shouting and cheering for the Broncos as they pulled off the classic win. I tried rooting with my head, but the heart won out.

8 Likes

Isn’t it nice that OU was the victim of the most entertaining bowl game in history?

10 Likes

BuT tHaT gAmE dIdN’t MaTtEr to them, right? :wink:

2 Likes

I hadn’t even gone to OSU and grown my life-long hate of them yet and I STILL absolutely loved watching that game.

2 Likes

I’m all about the big 12 winning all of its bowl games. I hate OU with a passion but would like them to win a playoff game because the Big 12 needs to win a playoff game at some point. If we don’t then the question might start coming up that they can’t win in the playoffs so why invite them?

That would be awesome because the “we” and “they” is OU. They already don’t think that Baylor, OSU, KSU, etc. could win a playoff game because of Michigan State, Oregon, etc.

1 Like

Loved…? I still look up the highlights on YouTube from time to time.

You want to talk about plays happening exactly the way you envision them? That’s a case study.

I bought a subscription to TexAgs – as one does when OSU faces A&M in a bowl game – and I was intrigued to see their perspective of OSU and Gundy.

The longtime Cowboy boss has made a career of getting his team to ‘play up’ when facing bigger-name programs (outside of Oklahoma, of course). He’s beaten Stanford in the Fiesta Bowl, he’s owned the Texas Longhorns of late and is 9-4 in bowl games. Again, the Ags are going to have to match OSU’s intensity and fight in this one in order to win it.

I mean, maybe. Gundy has more so made a career of beating teams he’s favored against and should beat (like A&M!) and losing to teams they’re worse than. Other than the weird outlier year of 2018.

3 Likes

Here’s that link btw.