Bowl Projections: A Look at Oklahoma State’s Potential Postseason Partners and Landing Spots

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/bowl-projections-a-look-at-oklahoma-states-potential-postseason-partners-and-landing-spots/

All signs point to a trip to Houston, but against whom?

1 Like

I’ve got us pegged to go to the whogivesashit bowl. Just hope we look good in a win at this point. Losing to a garbage SEC team would really just put the cherry on top of the shitsunday the second half of the season was.

3 Likes

Sugar, Cotton, Orange, Rose bowl games are the only ones worth recognizing the others are just participation trophies. Winning your conference is something to hang your hat on Poke fans.

3 Likes

Zzzzzzz

I’m sure the players are really excited.

Robert28 is over the moon we’re going to a bowl

This is what Roberto and Michael live for! They couldn’t be more happy with this out come. Good for you guys! This will give you hope for years to come and advocate your mediocrity for this school. Starting to be below mediocrity really so congrats boys we would love to hear you excitement :laughing: :joy:

Was this a disappointing season is a question that doesn’t need to be asked. What I truly find disappointing is the comments from the so called fans that have commented before me. If you are a disappointed fan that is your right. This team obviously is pretty banged up.There are numerous reasons for it and I’m sure there will be many trying to impart their words of wisdom and show what they perceive as intelligence shortly after I post this.

Let me say that the players on this team deserve our support and if you can’t give it then maybe you should look to re-examine whether you are truly an oSu fan. If they land in Houston for a bowl I will probably be there. Poor recruiting, play calling on the offense and defense, coaching etc… are all part of the problems including the injuries that lead to a poor season. Can’t win them all every year. That still doesn’t mean they don’t try and deserve our support as fans. Go Pokes!!

6 Likes

The players deserve support the staff sure doesn’t though.

2 Likes

According to gundy, kids are different nowadays and don’t pay attention to things like this so I’m sure they will be fine and go on through life not worried about what an osu forum says. If they leave because of this than guess what? They will get the same thing whatever school they leave for. It’s life. It’s not highschool football these kids get paid to do a job and if they deserve criticism then they should get it. Pay for play buddy.

2 Likes

This is the main thing I’ve been talking about. I’m not going to fault the players too much here because you can only do so much when you’re a freshman or sophomore. I don’t expect them to be world beaters out of the gate, but Dunn and Dickey have not consistently shown me they’re putting our offense in the best position to be successful and to a certain extent Gundy as well. If we didn’t have the best defense we’ve ever had last season we’re most likely a 7 win team at best.

There were times last season where our offense would come to dam near a complete halt once a couple of players wouldn’t suit up. I understand injuries are a part of the game, but you don’t lie about having depth and then blame injuries for why you keep getting your as$ kicked. Perhaps one of the other mind boggling issues is finding a weapon that works and discontinuing its use (Brennan Presley). Jaden Nixon was averaging over 5 yards per rush in Bedlam, but only had 7 rushes. Why?

3 Likes

Been trying to figure what your talking about for way too long.

A comprehensive and intelligent assessment. You have touched on the negative, without berating it as some of us do, while getting to the very heart :orange_heart: of the current circumstance. I actually hate reverting to the fan ‘spirit’ of the seventies, but… maybe next year!

GO POKES!! :cowboy_hat_face: :football: :cowboy_hat_face: :football: :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

Love this take kspokesfan! Well said brother!

3 Likes

Everyone wants to blame injuries for this years debacle. What is the reason for the other 16? At this rate every other team in the conference will win the conference before he wins his second. Is everyone ok with the results of the last 10 years going forward without OU and Texas in the conference? Is one Fiesta bowl win every 10 or 12 years good enough? What excuses will be good enough for next year and the year after? “We got a new young quarterback” . Then new coaches. TCU has new coaches. Oh wait, I forgot everyone’s favorite. “We can’t recruit to a sh!thole like Stillwater”.

I’m tired of excuses. I want a coach who can win the conference more than once in 18 years. One thing that’s a guarantee is this program won’t be anywhere near a conference title in the next few years.

2 Likes

When you choice to be in reality you will understand that excuses are actually fact.

Stillwater is a fact. Not being a blue blood is a fact.

Ive seen 1 injury tear up other teams worse. Ksu lost only their qb 2 years ago. When from undefeated to not win a game. Its not like there were a couple of guys out.

We started with the 2nd best linemen and what would have been a real target at cowboy back. Half way thur we lost a starting dt. Also with atleast 5 other guys each week. With others banged up.

You have made it clear you never played sports so i know you cant fathom the concept of team sports.
Its not like lose your calf before the state fair, you could alway go buy another from the guy you bought the first one from.

1 Like

Lol i really sorry my disappointment doesnt raise to you low standards of football knowledge. Alot of guys on here give praise to miles. His last year was a drop off, at 7 wins. You your self talk about your hero monkeys last year, where he went 7 and 5 as the greatest year in osu history because we used 3 qbs.

2014 mite have been Gundy’s worse team. And i dnt care what those yahoos of the pod cast had to say about the line of past teams. Done of them have had to deal with the amount of injuries dunn has. And the mason this year.

1 Like

The only reason we can’t recruit to Stillwater is we have a coach who can’t recruit.

So injuries are the reason for this and last year, but there’s always something. “A quarterback has to have 15 starts before he can run our offense” “These lineman have to have three years with Glass to be able to play” " Some of these 4* don’t love football"

This crap is just excuses. Either K State or TCU will win their second conference title since Gundy has. All this while we can’t even find the best players on the team to put on the field, let alone get the ball to them.

2 Likes

You older then dirt. I know you hate gundy and you think gundy cant recruit. Has any coach ever had a better class of athletes to in norman.
You boy miles was here a complete cycle. Jug i dnt why you think places like stillwater, lubbock and Manhattan are like norman and austin. Just need to try had rite better coach solves it all.

1 Like

Miles had a 21 ranked and 23 ranked.

I’m sure you’ll have excuses for that too.