Boynton Fed Up with Cowboys' 'Selfish' Play

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/boynton-fed-up-with-cowboys-selfish-play/

“You don’t get to pout about it forever and then turn what’s supposed to be a team game into a game about me.”

1 Like

We all are coach. Please do something about it.

3 Likes

This is on Coaching. He shouldn’t make it be the players fault. He took credit for the first half now he needs to own the second. He is in charge and if the players aren’t playing the way he wants them to, why let it go the whole half? I am more and more thinking he is in above his head. He has talented coaches around him but it’s not showing up in the stats.

4 Likes

He continues to let it happen. It happens every game. And after it happens play after play, what does he do…nothing. It’s all coaching. If he ever yanked them and sat them on the bench and it continued to happen, then it can be the players fault. He needs to watch film on winning coaches and see what they do when they see selfish play…it sure isn’t just let them continue to do it.

3 Likes

I’ve been talking about assist for 2 years. I’m glad he now had realized the importance.

I hope you get it figured out coach. If these players aren’t used to being called out you might lose a couple, but you got to roll with those who are willing to put team above self. Nobody gets a pass in my opinion. Coaches and players haven’t met the standard. 10 games left to turn this season around. Good luck! I plan to do my part and be there next home game.

2 Likes

Seems to me the team had problems breaking the press. Is that due to selfishness? I don’t recall any timeouts by Boynton during Florida’s comeback, that is, not until they took the lead and it was too late. Is that selfishness as well?

1 Like

:point_up_2: Makes a solid point.

Exactly right. If any other coach at Oklahoma State said the things he said today they’d be completely ridiculed. I’m with @kspokesfan he’s in over his head. Being a good guy is great, being a good coach is completely different

This sounded like he is focused on saving his coaching career at Oklahoma State. I stand to be corrected, but I don’t remember Eddie ever publicly berating his players for selfishness on the court or in the locker room. I saw him get the hook out, during the game, more than once, and sit-down players like Tony Allen for not playing team ball. I saw his players in helmets and shoulder pads at practice, but Eddie took 100% responsibility for how his teams performed. Wow, I see Mike fading fast in the eyes of the fans and administration.

2 Likes

I believe the phrase is “improve your stock” as in stock market, or draft position. I wasn’t there, but “improve your stalk” is probably more what they’d say in the agricultural building.

It took him 20 games into the season to figure this out?

Really? Gundy blames his players all the time.

Really Joey. Where do u come up with these things

2 Likes

You should know if Joey shows up it’s going to be about Gundy.

2 Likes

I disagree, he is always taking blame and blaming coaches.

1 Like

Really? He’s never once blamed his players for lack of execution? I have a hard time believing that.

Eddie Sutton did to call his players out. He would call them soft and then go put pads on them and take charges at practice but that was along time ago and a different time. Self calls out his players as well. Thing about about it tho when you call out your players you need to be a proven winning coach at a high level. Boytons not there yet and maybe never be I don’t know but I say put all money at football.

1 Like

How is it you make everything about Gundy, it’s basketball season

1 Like

All I’m saying is to not be so hypocritical. I can admit that Boynton needs to do a better job. I’m also not oblivious to the fact that the one coach we seem to treat as a demigod has blamed his players at one point or another in his career.

Let’s not sit here and act like he hasn’t. I don’t see where we can get off blaming Boynton for lack of coaching (which is warranted currently) and then turn our heads the other way when there was a lack of coaching from the other coach that’s been here a lot longer. It fairly obvious to me we treat the alums differently from the ones who aren’t. Just saying be fair in the criticism.

1 Like