Brandon Garrison, No. 1 Prospect in Oklahoma, Commits to Oklahoma State

You still talking nonsense, as usual? @ar1

4th means you’re within striking distance. I’d like to stay there and strike every once in a while rather than keep turning over coaches and hoping for the best.

You keep bringing up Baylor. What about Texas? Why does one team have success with many under the radar coaches and one sucks with many high profile coaches? Why has Baylor excelled in basketball? Why has Texas underperformed in basketball? What do people brag on OU about with Joe Castiglione? We don’t give enough credit to administration. Blaming the coach is lazy unless it’s obviously the problem. New administration had us 12 wins and playing for a conference title. That’s why Gundy’s consistency matters. He brings a competitive team in every environment. COVID, scandal, injured QBs. I think he now has the administrative support he needs.

1 Like

You’re right the last administration didn’t support Gundy at all. I mean paid in the top ten coaches in the nation, more dollars spent on the program than every year prior, let him take over scheduling of cupcakes in non-conference.
Let him bar any media that he doesn’t agree with

Just wait a year or two and Gundy will be whining about this administration.

How often was Gundy in the top ten? Was that money offered or did Gundy have to extort it by threatening to leave?

1 Like

How often should a coach with 1 conference title be paid in the top ten?

When its gundy every time.

You’d probably have to. I’m not sure there are ten coaches that have in the Power 5. So… that’s a dumb question.

Edit: So, looking over the top ten paid coaches (Gundy isn’t in the top 13), I think only four coaches have done it (Saban, Riley, Fisher, Swinney) and only two with their current school (Swinney and Saban). So, I guess the answer to your stupid question is at least 6.

1 Like

Not sure where you got your list but…
USA Today’s list published by sportsnout.com on July 13 2022

1. Lincoln Riley $ 10 plus million
  2. Nick Saban $ 9753221 million
  3. Brian Kelly. $ 9.5 million
  4. Mel Tucker $ 9.5 million
  5. Ryan Day. $ 9.5 million
  6. David Shaw $ 8.925 million
    7 Dabo Swinney $ 8.370775 million
  7. Mario Cristobal $ 8 million
    9 Jimbo Fisher $ 7.5 million
  8. Lane Kiffin. $ 7.25 million

So what do you do with this
The Oklahoma State University Board of Regents approved a raise in Gundy’s contract, which increases his annual salary from $5 million to $7.5 million. Published March 25, 2022 Heartland College Sports.

Coach at a power 5 who have won at least one conference title at the school they are currently at.
Mike Gundy
Dave Aranda
Kyle Whittingham
Pat Narduzzi
Dabo Swinney
Jim Harbaugh
Ryan Day
Kirk Ferentz
Nick Saban
Kirby Smart
That doesn’t mention Mario Cristobal, Jimbo Fisher, Lincoln Riley and Chip Kelly.

Kelly, none. Never been in a conference, so he’s a weird one.
Tucker, none.
Forgot to look up Day, didn’t remember when he started, but he has 2.
Shaw, had 3 along time ago.
Cristobal, I guess we can count his second one even though it was a 4-2 season.
Kirby Smart was in the list I saw, he has one.
Kiffin, none in the Power 5.

Point being, there aren’t ten Power 5 coaches to fill a top ten. Chip Kelly could be in there, but you’re still short.

1 Like

There you go. That’s a good list to be a part of.

1 Like

So now, is Gundy paid in top ten?

1 Like

On the second list I listed 10 (including Gundy) who are at the school where they won a conference championship and also listed a few who have won a conference championship and have went to another school for more money. There’s others out there who have won national championships and are now at different schools.

You said more than one conference title. There aren’t ten.

Where did I say more than 1?

Right there. There are coaches in the top ten with none. I’m saying there have to be some with one or fewer because there aren’t enough multiple conference winners (in the Power 5).

Not sure Gundy will be in the top ten. Smart will probably get a bump.

1 Like

@ar1

Quit crying exgf, you aren’t paying him…just like you aren’t paying $8.99 for this. Chill out and sit down some where and behave.

2 Likes

@ar1

Move on exgf

2 Likes

Ok, Kirby Smart got his deal, so Gundy won’t be top ten. You happy now?

He’s so worried about Gundy getting 7.5, ou is paying a guy 7 and he’s never coached a game as the head man.

1 Like