Braylin Presley Blasts OSU's Offensive Scheme, Usage of Backs as He Enters Transfer Portal

If there is I expect it to be epic, can’t wait

1 Like

You know, there are a lot of guys who enter the portal that don’t find a place to land. Especially guys who haven’t played or haven’t played much. Even 4 star guys. I would expect him to land somewhere but I will be surprised if it is a P5 school.

2 Likes

Yes that is the risk that you take, one can always decide to come back but the school that you are leaving has the option to pull your scolly once you hit the portal so there is risk there as well.

4 Likes

With all “the sky is falling” talk, here’s a dose of reality:

Mason Cobb and Spencer Sanders were significant contributors on their respective sides of the ball this year. Entering this year, I never really figured Sanders would be back for a 6th season. And he won’t be. Whether or not he’s playing for New England or Penn State doesn’t matter. We didn’t expect him back in '23.

Cobb we expected back. But how big of a loss is he, really? He missed a lot of tackles and didn’t seem to be a conduit to getting us lined up correctly.

Everyone else on the the portal list ranges from “who?” to “well, I wish he wouldn’t leave, he had potential.”

Now, there will be more. We know that.

But there’s also the chance now to find some portal players that can make us better.

All in all, I don’t see this as a disappointing day. I see it as a great opportunity.

3 Likes

It’s a good thing Gundy is so into the portal and makes the adjustments to fit the players he has.

I’m wondering if Gundy even knows the portal exists. I’m being a smart A, but man this is a really bad look for the program.

2 Likes

O-State has fared well via the portal: Josh Sills, Tay Martin, Christian Holmes, Jaylen Warren…just to name a few off the top of my head.

3 Likes

I’m not ready to fire coaches, yet. Due to personnel issues (injuries, transfers or experience) we have had a few years of subparb performances from various position groups. Good offense or defense requires teamwork and consistency. When your offense or defense players continue to change efficiency suffers. The transfer portal is here and not going away. Gundy needs to embrace it. Culture is fantastic but players are individuals. Some feel entitled, some are humble but all of them want to compete and win. I wish the players leaving (for whatever reasons) the best. I welcome the players coming. OSU and Stillwater is not for everyone just the special few. For those of you who disagree with me your entitled to your opinions.

2 Likes

Gundy may say he doesn’t like the portal or whatever but that may just be coach speak seeing as it’s not his job to get the position coaches their positions filled with athletes .

2 Likes

I think alot of guys take that to far. Last year we had a great class of 20 and 3 transfer. Year before we had 6 transfers.

Those coach or teams you see with alot of tranfers have a reason. Teams like ku and ksu cant get good players. Teams like ou had a big amount of players leave.

1 Like

I think that a lot of folks either through misunderstanding or on purpose, including those on this forum, have misconstrued Gundy’s portal comments that he has made over the past weeks/months. First of all it is clear that Gundy and staff use the portal, we’ve gotten some good folks from there. Second I would wager that the majority of coaches in college football do not like the portal as it is currently implemented so Gundy is not alone in criticizing it. When Gundy says he doesn’t use the portal he probably means that he doesn’t use it as a primary recruiting source, something like that. In the end only Gundy knows as he hasn’t been super specific in his comments on how he prefers to use the portal.

3 Likes

What i find funny is that all these guys want guys from the portal. They act like gundy is running guys off. Rite now we are sitting at like 17 or 18 scholarship. When you got schools that have 32 or so.

You cant have it both ways.

3 Likes

That’s a good point . The sky is falling but we only have a few spots open bc guys are staying for an extra year lol
This all sucks and we are emotionally invested but that’s it. The sports will still sport

1 Like

Agree 100% FreeDrop. The sky is not falling although some of these “fans” would like to have you believe as much. The reality is that this is happening across the country. Everyone needs to calm the heck down and let this play out. The only thing that I might agree with is that Dunn should be replaced.

1 Like

It’s no worse for us than most schools. This is just what the portal is doing to the game and OSU is not any worse or better than any other team. Calm down people.

2 Likes

There is certainly something oozing out from under rocks today.

2 Likes

Sky’s falling indeed. Lost to Kansas by three touchdowns and got beat 48-0 by Kansas state. But yet when we get acouple guys hurt we have 0 depth behind the ones in position that are important. Got a crappy recruiting class this year and got to rely on guys that didn’t start elsewhere on other teams in the portal. Gundy is in big time trouble and he knows it but he dosent care like we do.

And lost the Gatorade player of the year in prestley that the coaches said nobody could tackle him in the spring. Coaches not even trying to showcase him in a 38-0 games tells me they need to be fired and I hope more kids from Oklahoma start to see gundy’s system is not the best player plays but the upperclassmen plays and stop coming here and others around the nation to get gundy out of here.

1 Like

My thoughts as well. I can’t even disagree with Braylin’s assessment, but other head coaches will think twice about his willingness to throw the whole scheme under a bus without a second thought. I have to wonder what kind of teammate this kid is.

He really should have just entered the portal, claiming a need for a better fit elsewhere and left the outright bitching to us!! lol GO POKES!! :cowboy_hat_face: :softball: :cowboy_hat_face: :softball: :cowboy_hat_face:

5 Likes

He played 4 games. To me, this is a very clear message they were trying to redshirt him. This year likely said almost nothing about how they were to use him going forward. Had he been patient, and worked in the weight room a bit I’m sure he would have been used just as he had been told. I get the frustration in going from the showcase in high school to having to redshirt, but that doesn’t mean anyone was dishonest with him, or that he wasn’t going to be used how he thought he would. Just that he had to work hard and wait his turn.

4 Likes