Brennan Presley Named to Paul Hornung Award Watch List

Originally published at: Brennan Presley Named to Paul Hornung Award Watch List | Pistols Firing

OSU’s most versatile weapon is up for college football’s most versatile award.

one of 52 members of the watch list for the 2022 Paul Hornung Award.

52? Isn’t that about where our recruiting ranking for 2023 is? It’s that special? I wonder if every team ahead of us in ranking has someone listed?

Well good luck Brennan, you’re definitely one of the most exciting to watch.

1 Like

So your saying you would rather none of our guys get on these watch list. Were getting close to 10. Got to love your thinking. Its never good enough for you jug. And your just a mucker.

1 Like

Can’t believe a person that barely made the top 1000 players in his recruiting class 3 years ago now is among only 52 selected to this watch list. Wild

2 Likes

Is recruiting over jug ? How many time have we told this won’t be a large class ? We recruit players not stars, you act like a buffoon thinking we will be in the top 10. Did your son write that for you

1 Like

It’s going to be hard to win that award if the coach decides to not let OSU’s most versatile weapon stay in a bit longer.

“I don’t care what anyone says!!! You can have the best coach in the world, but unless you have good players you’re limited on what you can do.”

Pat Jones, 2019

2 Likes

Not sure what your point is here with this Pat Jones quote but it does go without saying.

2 Likes

The key word in that quote is “limited”. All I ever hear is how Gundy does more with less. If that’s true then Gundy can prove me wrong by stringing a couple of top 25 classes in a row together, and win his second conference title.

1 Like

So you think Pat would have run the hurry up offense at any point in his life ? So Gundy is Pat 2.0 ….that statement makes Gundy a great coach then Pat was good as long as Thurmond and Barry were here and the holdovers from Jimmy you moron

1 Like

You really just don’t get it do you joy. Drop a couple of million in the pot , we can pay for more players like ATM

1 Like

Doing more with less implies not getting top classes, I think the focus on not wasting time on players that we have no chance of getting and instead looking for players that are promising and fit the culture is a good strategy for a school like Oklahoma State. We have a brand too but it still pales in comparison to blue blood schools with their legions of band wagon fans.

2 Likes

More with less? I guess we would be averaging 7th or 8th instead of 4th if Gundy wasn’t doing more with less.

2 Likes

You just basically made my point dumbace. Thurmond and Barry were really good. When you have really good athletes it makes up for some coaching errors. That’s the point Pat Jones was making you idiot. You should really stick to being on your tractor more and less on this forum posting stupid comments.

I’m just saying…if you’re going to claim to be a top 25 program and the second best team in the Big 12 then you shouldn’t struggle to get a top 25 recruiting class. Especially for 10 straight years. If Gundy (or OSU football in general) is serious about trying to get anywhere close to that BB status then he better start having conversations with Weiberg on how to get better players and recruiting classes for the future.

The reality is OSU isn’t going to get to that level (or even win the league) if he doesn’t address that issue. I’ve admitted on here that Gundy isn’t a bad coach, but he does find ways to play down to the level of competition. When he does that he better have players that can overcome those challenges. For most years that’s not been the case. I’d really like to bury the Poke Choke in the ground permanently.

Well getting a top 10 class or whatever you deem is necessary isn’t the be all end all answer. There are plenty of examples showing that. Again I’m not against the idea but focusing on that by a program like Oklahoma State hits diminishing returns real quick. In general top recruiting classes are the purview of the blue bloods who don’t really have to work as hard at it as everyone else to put one together. Everyone else has to take a different path to developing competitive teams

2 Likes

So we can’t create a path of getting 5-6 four star recruits or better on an annual basis? Even Indiana, Tech, and Kentucky have figured it out.

So Gundy has had a Barry or Thurmond ? Try again dumbass, you made my point but you are too stupid to realize it. I love it when you stick your foot in your mouth joy, everyone else does to. Pull your panties up and try again

1 Like

Tell me what those 3 teams have won joy, enlighten us Einstein :joy:

1 Like

I guess you didn’t read the entire conversation. Better luck next time I guess :man_shrugging:?