Brock Martin Announces He'll Return to OSU for 2022

Anybody that was a senior last year is done after this year (Malcolm, LD, Devin Harper, maybe Holmes too) Everybody else gets an additional year. So even though Brock, JBC, Tre Sterling, Tanner McAlister, KHP, Antwine, Sione Asi, and Evers are listed as seniors on the OSU website and roster they are still functionally Juniors is my understanding of it.

1 Like

Gotcha. Thanks for the info. I wish there was a full listing of how is a real senior and who can return.

Would be nice of PFB to write up an article of who could possibly return and who is 100% done.

3 Likes

OSU lists players as if last year counted against them. Phil Steele guide lists them as last year did not count against their eligibility. Rodriguez and Harper have exhausted their eligibility. Brock Martin has another year. Tay Martin does not. Antwine has another year. Holmes does not. It is confusing.

1 Like

After looking at the OSU roster to see who was a senior in 2020 the dudes who canā€™t come back next year are: M-Rod, Devin Harper, Christian Holmes, Tay Martin, Jaylen Warren, Logan Carter, Josh Sills, Godlevske, and LD Brown.

Everybody else has the option to come back.

Somebody might want to double check me on that, but I donā€™t think I missed anybody.

1 Like

That looks right.

Losing Rodriguez and Harper will hurt bad. Those two are incredible, and I do not know much about the guys listed behind them. I wonder if there is a chance of Collin Oliver moving to LB as he is pretty small for a DE or one of the safeties bulking up and playing LB.

Thatā€™s an interesting idea.

If everyone comes back we should still be fine next year, M-Rod and Harper will be the toughest to replace. Homes has done a very good job this year but Black and Muhammad seem capable. Tay and Warren are obviously studs but Iā€™m confident In this young group of receivers and think Bray might be the next great wideout, obviously Richardson and Jackson seem very capable at RB. Carter Is a cowboy back and Cassity seemed to do fine there. Sills and Goldevske will hurt some but their backups shouldā€™ve been getting a lot of playing this time year and should just be better next year. So as long as we stay healthy which is always a big deal I think it weā€™ll be alright and it will just depend if Sanders and this offense can take the next step.

1 Like

I could see one of the safeties bulking up, I think thatā€™s what Harper did, correct me if Iā€™m wrong. I donā€™t know if theyā€™ll move Oliver just because of how successful heā€™s been this year but they might. I know thereā€™s a Juco LB out of Tyler Texas weā€™ve started recruiting. I think Juco and transfer portal are probably our best bets to fill the vacancy left by those two.

1 Like

Yep!! I hope they get a better education THAT me as well.

So you can read and comprehend?

1 Like

Joey forgot to mention those kids were born in other countries. Just because the rubber broke doesnā€™t make Joey a dad. Iā€™m sure the hook will be a better mom then Joey a dad.

Joey makes woke movement look good.

1 Like

Itā€™s great to have middle age guys playing on the team.
But it could hurt us by losing younger kids for not playing until they r 5th year seniors.
The offense only has 3 that could come back. Thatā€™s if ld wants to and gets a medical.

11 - 1

@robert28
@joe15

3 Likes

As well consider the potential of the Sooner roster being gutted by decommits, the portal and early entry NFL.

1 Like

Not many of those bums look like NFL material this year. Hopefully the portal is a blackhole for them though.

2 Likes

Wellā€¦.Iā€™m not saying it would be a good decision but I could see Kennedy Brooks, Perrion Winfrey, Isaiah Thomas and Nic Bonitto declare. Maybe one of their OL.

Wouldnā€™t be surprised if Winfrey jumped the gun heā€™s pretty good at it.

1 Like

Idk how knowles carried this team? Itā€™s been a great effort all the way around, why canā€™t yā€™all just give credit to everyone involved? I mean I havenā€™t seen jimmy out there rackin up tackles.

1 Like