Cale Gundy is available

Well since i live out side oklahoma your comment is par for you.

Just like you think its ok to have uneven justice

You sond like my mom. She can say what she wants about here kids but you cant. Thats really moronic at best.

Its like you have been make excues for this kid from the start.
Why is it ok.
Black.
Ou football player
What makes him not smart enough to know wrong.
Black or ou football player.

I see you blew over the part were i said if a normal ou student used uo property would they get a free pass. Seriouly. Your picking the way your looking at this with a wokness im sure you are

John hoover was on 365 and didnt make it out like cale did. Its said that brent came to him after practice and told him he my have to resign.

I know what you’re saying. I don’t think “players taking preparation seriously” is any more or less of an issue in the OU WR room than it is anywhere else. I played (baseball) at a high level and all kids/players prepare differently. Hell look at the Kyler Murray contract issue last week. The Venables honeymoon is certainly over. He’s been able to shake hands, fundraise & kiss babies since Jan. I know a ton of OU people are split on this issue. I hope that this brings the locker room together. Maybe it won’t. Maybe it will. Maybe it has zero effect. We’ll soon find out

Dude……you are more of an imbecile than I realized if you think this is about the player & not the coach. You clearly have never been in a locker room. I can list 100 instances in which I heard that word said in a locker room or on the field………NEVER have I heard it said by a coach. Whether he was repeating it or quoting someone. Once a recruit or his family were to hear that “a coach at OU said that word in a meeting with his players on multiple occasions “…….they wouldn’t care to hear the context. It’s a discussion ender. Some of you……SOME OF YOU……sound ignorant.

Was he the last guy from the national championship?

Really on what world is this instant going to bring the ou locker room closer. Everybody is split on it and you think its a good thing. Yes your rite it is a coach deal not all coaches allows that crap. But i guess thats the culture brent wants. The report is they were all joke with the kid who wrote it. Then late brent to cale he mite have to resign. Its also been said brent was the one who fired him.

And again you ignored the question is a regular student used ou property to do something like this, what would happen.

I mean technically, it’s Jerry Schmidt & Venables. As far as cumulative wins while being either a player and/or coach, Cale had the most as a Sooner.

I hate it for the guy. I hate that it happened. I hate the time we live in nowadays. But at the same time, it doesn’t surprise me at all that a guy would lose a job over it. I like Cale & have a couple occasions to be around the guy & he was very genuine and approachable. I appreciate how he has chosen to handle it. I know that he also has to know better than to even say the word. You just have to know what potentially could come from it.

First off, I didn’t say it would bring them closer. I said it COULD. You don’t know the dynamics of a clubhouse/locker room. I openly said it could also tear it down. Time will tell.

“Allow that crap”……what crap are you even talking about? What has Brent “allowed”? You’re making a ton of assumptions based off of stuff you have no clue about.

I haven’t ignored anything. You are just hard to understand and also strictly just want to argue. I’m not here for it. So I’ll entertain it until it’s just obvious that you’re petty.

What would happen if a normal kid typed lyrics on an iPad? My guess is he’d have a warning or “first offense” type of thing. I have no clue why you’re so stuck on what mistake a student may have made, while overlooking the mistake a 50yr old authority figure made.

I post that there was a uo guy on 365 giving more info.

Im on about the student, because thats where it started.

I said a long time ago cale should not have said it. Also, think brent over reacted. His team is split. Is explayers and donors are pissed. So brent could be the one come out of this the worse.

“His team is split”……you have absolutely zero to back that up. You state it as though it’s fact, when it’s yet to be seen. Donors?!?! There’s not been a single donor come out and criticize Brent’s handling of it. Ex players have absolutely expressed their love and compassion for Cale. But that isn’t directly meaning they’re livid with Brent. Some may be. Some may not.
Winning cures everything. This will be put to rest the minute the season starts, if not sooner. If he loses, he’ll be in trouble and it won’t have a thing to do with his WR coach resigning. I love Cale and he was a great recruiter…….but I don’t think his absence will effect the grand scheme of things. This issue could be problematic from a locker room standpoint. But Cale not being on the staff won’t hurt the brand of football that gets played

Are you looking at your own uo site or people who report stuff. There saying donors are upset. Gundy’s daughter twitted a response to brents response that is now deleted. That was Brent’s 2nd tweet out. Alot more blame onto cale. This is on brent.5000plus have sign a petition to rehirer gundy.
Lots of Twitter action of explayers supporting gundy. Yes your rite im just taking a stab at you being a goon fan. One podcast the guy said he knows who the kid is, but its not totally confirmed. He felt if it is who he was told they should be disciplined. Rj young cried thur half of his podcast, only really given us the 2 tweets.

I love your niave look at your goons. This is the kinda of chit that auburn is going thur with there coach. Better hope its not a revisit of the post switzer days. Now thats me taking a jab at you anout your goons. See the difference.

Ok, im nearing an end to this with you because yet again…you dont really do anything but argue. My information comes from the local radio talking heads, the SoonerScoop paid guys, and a couple guys within the Athletic Dept.

Brents 2nd tweet…I hated. Wish he wouldve left it alone. But, it appears as though he wanted to clear up a few things.

"This is on Brent"…of course it is. Its his program. Hes running it as he sees fit from top to bottom. Will it be successful? Who knows. I know his approach to recruiting was highly criticized early on and all hes done is be on track to reel in the best defensive class OU has had in 20 years.

"Knows who the kid is"…Why in the hell are you so interested in who the player is!!! What relevance does that have? I have no clue who the kid is and dont care. I would assume hes been disciplined in some way, but I have no idea. I didnt ask and dont care.

I do find it pretty comical that you have taken shots at me for being on an OSU site…yet you are listening to an OU homers podcast.

Lol. I do love taking shot on. Has nothing to do with.you as an uo fan.

I listen to 1 uo podcast. He seemed not to be a homer, he state somethings and didnt go down any rabbit hole. Rj young is national now. And the last was on 365. I listen to more wv and ksu stuff weekly then 3 homer uo post.

We are obviously in agreement about brent. It is on him and the 2nd tweet was not a good one. He only open up more chit with it. Before we were to think it was all cale taking it and resigning. With what ive hread and the second tweet its obvious he was fired with honors.

Me talking about the kid( or as we in the real world call 20 olds a man) has nothing to do with uo. Brent talked about making a culture. What the " kid" did i would have thought is not the culture brent was talking about. I also am not the only homer asking for it.

I never said a wood about Brent’s recruiting. Not sure why yoi went there but ble me i have think skin. Nor did any of the " homer" podcast i heard talk about his recruiting. I do think that you believe your a genius when talking to me. First dnt take everything personal as an attack. Second get thicker sick.

"With what ive hread and the second tweet its obvious he was fired with honors." I dont agree with that. Cale released his resignation Sun night. OU doesnt do its business that way. Joe C doesnt run his dept like that. I think initially that decision was solely made by Cale. The timeline and Cales massive amount of ownership and accountability in his statement show that too. Now, I think Brent wouldve likely fired him if Cale hadnt chosen to resign ahead of it. But I do not think that Brent “forced” a resignation. Just my opinion

He is a young man. Im not absolving the player from his role in it. I just feel that Mike Gundy, Cale Gundy, Venables, Stoops are all held to a much higher standard and should be than what you hold a player to. I would assume the player had some sort of punishment. But I dont know. A player listening to or writing rap lyrics isnt a new thing. It happened all the time in locker rooms I was in and I assume still does. Ive never in my life heard a coach use that word. Not one time. Thats the difference. Im aware that you arent the only guy asking hard questions about the player. The SoonerScoop site is FULL OF guys trashing the unnamed player. Its pathetic to me. Times like this are when my fellow OU fans are at their worst. Its embarassing. Now having said that…I see a ton of the same type of dumbassery by a few posters on this site about their Cowboys too.

Brents recruiting…I brought up how Brents methods were being questioned by the masses. His methods so far have been successful. This decision has been criticized pretty heavily too. Maybe it ends up being the right move. MAYBE IT DOESNT. We shall see

Ive seen some posts on here and heard some people say how this is going to negatively effect OU’s football playing ability and ability to get recruits. Call me naive if you want, but I dont see it happening over OU losing a WR coach.

2022 season - I honestly think if this were to happen and you have to deal with it, OU is at the perfect point in the season to deal with it as a team. LOTS of team meetings, LOTS of practices. There’s just plenty for guys to focus on that they enjoy doing.

2023 recruiting class - I think you could see OU lose a guy or two but outside of WR, I see no impact.

2023 season - None

2024 recruiting class - if they hire the right guy and do it quickly, none.

I listen to pod cast some most are guys in there basement who say they have source, and yes they are homers. I can remember the guy its like red zone or something, never heard him before so… The way he talked about the time line was completely different then what brent is making out. Plus cales daughter wasnt happy with the second tweet. Thats all i can say.

On the player you obviously think of this man is a kid. Even if i was teach math to 14 yeats olds and it happen, the " kid would be dealt with. Personal i would have read it to myself and ran that kid to the stadium and watched him do stairs. Then took him to brent for a hour long session.
On recruiting no long term. This year, well it can happen. Depends if they are coming to uo or to play for cale. But, fans and donors are not happy. I dnt know if it will blow over( which means it better play out like brent said) or be a witch hunt like harnish at Auburn. No one will know.

Basement podcasts and relatives of coaches tweets that get deleted aren’t as reliable a source of information for me as they may be to you. The timeline, Brent’s statements & Cales are enough to convince me of what happened.

"On the player you obviously think the man is a kid" Ok this is the type of stuff you say that is just to argue. Ive referred to him as a “player” or “young man” plenty of times. The only time ive called him a kid is when responding to you, which is because thats what you have constatnly called him.

"But fans and donors are not happy". Again, go find me one donor that has publicly said anything? There have been none. Thats not how OU works. And as far as fans go, ive heard a ton that are mad. But theyre mostly upset with the player and/or the current era of PC culture. Im not saying NO ONE is mad at Brent. But its not the masses

"be a witch hunt like harnish at Auburn" First off, its Harsin. Again, Joe C is the best in the business. He has always ran this operation from the inside out. If issues come up and/or changes need to be made, it has never been done as a result of fan criticism. Keeping Joe Mixon. Keeping Mike Stoops. Keeping Chuck Long. Removing the names from the back of jerseys in 06. None of those were want the fans wanted. Letting the fans run your organization or heavily influence it has never been his M.O.

Lol again you play off stuff like its dust on your shirt. Last i checked fans and donors aren’t mutual exclusive.

Like i said i heard from 3 sources rj didnt really say anything more of him crying but it was early on. The second was a reporter Hoover he was on 365, so he has some relevance. The 3rd may be a basement podcaster, but it dors line up with the deleted text on what he said.

I only call him a kid because of the way you are treating him. Also by the way you are treating the word. If this word is as devastating as you act it should not be spoken(written in this case) by any one, no matter how much you want to give ethical challenged people a free pass. Is that how laws work its legal for 35 % of the people to do it. I mean come on man. You act like his man is a 6 year old. Double standards only case trouble dnt help. People who defend double standards dnt help. This word means a lot of hurt to alot of people. These people are my age or old. Not a 20 year old. Its just a word.

So did you agree with my thoughts on how it could effect recruiting or did i screw that up too

Dude…how have I “treated” the player? I have no idea who he is, where hes from, what his age is, his rce, whether he was or wasnt punished. I simply have said that I dont care either way. Thats not “treating” him any way. If they punished him…so be it. If theychose not to…so be it. It doesnt bother me one way or the other.

"This word means a lot of hurt to alot of people. These people are my age or old. Not a 20 year old. Its just a word" This…is the dumbest thing you have ever posted. The most uninformed thing you have ever posted. Go throw that word out to a locker room full of guys. See if its “just a word”.

Recruiting. I dont recall what you even posted on it. So ill give my thoughts. It COULD effect on a few WR’s. Thats it. OU isnt getting defensive players to come to OU to play for the WR coach. Thats not how that works. Different coaches are initially in charge of recruiting certain areas of the country, but thats only early on in the evaluation and initial discussion. One on one meetings/visits are done by the position coaches. Depending on the level of recruit, youll then get the coordinator and HC.

This second tweet is what I don’t understand, the first tweet was we written and sounded good. I feel like he should’ve just left it at that

2 Likes