Car Thread (Because DUH)

My current favorite, the Acura NSX:

2019-acura-nsx-9-1560437744

6 Likes

My first car (not this exact picture). 2000 Mustang, dark green. It had kind of been beat to shite by its previous owner, so we got it very cheap, but I loved that car. In high school, that’s a winner right there (although it had precisely zero effect on my dating life…which was already zero). Went off to college (didn’t drive my first year) and I came home and my parents had sold it without telling me. Talk about your heartbreak.

2 Likes

Not the actual picture of my vehicle either, but my first ride was a 1992 Buick Lesabre that grandma no longer needed. It was not quite as cool as the 2000 mustang the same way that the McRib isn’t quite as good as the barbecue sandwich at Albert G’s in Tulsa.

4 Likes

I won’t be boasting about my Toyota Tercel hatchback my brother and I shared in high school and college. I’m sure it was the car, and not me, that was the source of my bad luck with the ladies.

4 Likes

Not my actual car either, found the picture on Google Images. '86 Monte Carlo SS. That car was fun! Until the transmission went kaput.

4 Likes

That thing looks like you could ram a cargo ship with it and come out unscathed!

1 Like

I had a white 1987 Mazda 626 for part of my college career. Had an aftermarket muffler which made it sound pretty cool, in all fairness, lol. (Yes, I was one of those people.)

Any of you who went to OSU after 2004 might’ve actually seen it at some point, because I donated it to the Salvation Army (I think?) or the United Way, I don’t even remember, and they definitely gave it to someone else, because I saw it being driven around Stillwater a few times.

:rofl: My buddy’s first car was a red '89 and he called it the 62sh!t.

1 Like

It was a crappy car, generally speaking, but that thing was invincible.

I didn’t mean to turn this into a ‘our old cars’ thread, but everyone has such different experiences there. For me, I hold on for dear life until I HAVE to get a new one, whereas my brother changes cars every few years.

My first was a fixer upper. 1964 Impala SS. It got to the point where after we did fix it up my dad said I couldn’t drive it to school. :joy:

So instead I got to drive a '95 4-cyl S-10 as my first vehicle… At least it was 5-speed.

7 Likes

Since we’re posting our first car, this was mine (not THE one, but same color and year), Oldsmobile Delta 88, 1979. It wasn’t the coolest car for a 16 year old in 1996, but I sorta miss it.

1 Like

My first love… bought her at 13! 1977 Jeep J10… Bought a 454 Big Block from my dad who was rebuilding a 1970 Chevelle SS at the time. That sucker roared.

6 Likes

That’s a fantastic color scheme.

2 Likes

My first ride. I had different wheels though and it was a stick shift. Straight six.

2 Likes

#ItsInTheFamily

12 Likes

Not my actual one, but a black 1965 Volvo 122S like this was my first car. Drove Hwy 51 to the Kerr parking lot in fall of 82 in it. Got mine from my grandfather once I suggested that I should get a motorcycle to my mom. Mine was in rough shape… had been rolled and in a head-on when I got it. But as a tank-ish Volvo, it was still structurally sound.

7 Likes

If I had all the money in the world, no joke, I’d get a Chevelle SS 454 totally rebuilt with every single modification possible. My all time favorite car. And I’m normally a Japanese car guy (I drive a 2015 WRX).

3 Likes

My family owns Boggs transmission. They build a lot of the transmissions for a lot of the street outlaws. Needless to say they always have a nice classic around.

2 Likes

Body- 1970 Chevelle SS
Guts - LT4 6.2 L with a Stage 2 Edelbrock Supercharger and monitoring system

Speedtech Performance custom frame and chassis and a Ridetech suspension system.

Years of my dad and I’s blood sweat and tears. We have been building old cars, boring out motors, tinkering with carbs, etc forever… this fuel injection stuff was new for us. And hard.

13 Likes