Chad Weiberg suggests "Little Brother" move

When OU is not in the conference how does playing them effect winning the conference?

1 Like

Weā€™ll see but if Gundy was to win the next couple of Bedlamā€™s, I bet 90% would change their minds.

I keep forgetting that part.

I forget theyā€™re leaving. It feels like we are stuck w/ then until 25.

First I am not sticking up for ar1.
Iā€™m all for flagging post for inappropriate content.
This post may be out of context and flawed in many ways. But, that is no reason the flag it.
Really this his his opinion of what Chad was doing.
Albeit wrong we canā€™t flag it.
Then we would be flagging everything.

1 Like

I really donā€™t care if we play their arrogant a&&es or not but if we do play them at the beginning of the year. Before they get their chit together. Who knows if Venables will continue winning. His DC he hired is less than overwhelming

3 Likes

I do think once OU leaves for the SEC, there will be a pause on Bedlam football before it ultimately comes back. I donā€™t think weā€™ll play them every year, more like every other to every 2 years.
I do agree with @michael13, since itā€™s going to be a non-conference game, we need to play them earlier in the year.

2 Likes

On ou. Done r what u would call overwhelming coaches. They r ou, but Iā€™m not sure I would say these guys take the sec by storm.
The DC has been all over the place never a good sign. How will he recruit.
The oc is briles son in-law. Hasnt been on his own.
People we use the briles deal on recruiting.
Hc he has worked in 3 good systems. U would think it rubbered off.
It could be the best hire making ou tuffer. Or just fall flat canā€™t get to the kids.

1 Like

Every school does this. It pads their record and gives them a soft week to get right and evaluate talent. I donā€™t even see how this is a knock on Gundy or Weiberg or OSU. This is weaker than your usually weak takes.

2 Likes

Bowl games are gonna pay you more than bedlam

1 Like

Sure every school schedules one cupcake but over the last 7 years, we taken it to the extreme.
In the last 7 years, the 2 power 5 non-conference teams we have schedule are Pitt, who has won 10 games twice in the last 40 years and one of those is this year. The other team Oregon State has also won 10 games twice in the last 40 years with an average of 4.5 wins per year. The only way to play a worse power 5 team is schedule Kansas but wait, he gets to play them every year anyway. So for the second half of his head coaching career he has been padding his record with the weakest schedule he can possibly find.

BTW in that same time, K State has played Stanford, Mississippi State and Vanderbilt
TCU has played Minnesota, Arkansas, Ohio State and Purdue.
Texas Tech has played Arkansas, Arizona State, Ole Miss and Arizona.

Vanderbilt? And your knocking us playing Oregon state?

This is only in ur mind jug.
They have a way to measure ur schedule. Go look it up.
Letā€™s just look at who we played.
Msu was a playoff team. So out of the schools who played fcs teams( which is nearly everyone) besides15 other schools no one played a better fcs team.
Tulsa going bowling. Sure 6 and 6. 3 loses to top10 teams. And 1 loss to and fcs top 10 team.
He is where u think weā€™re weak. Boise a bowl team with a top 10 win. Sure their not a power 5 team. We are the only power 5 team to do a home and home. There is a reason. They did finish ranked in 2018. Which would be like when we schedule teams like georgia and Arizona.
We caught osu at a weak point. When u schedule 10 or more years out u dnt know this.
U can talk about ku all u want, but they werenā€™t the worse power5 team. All conference have bottom teams. The line up to get vandy. The acc and pac12 u canā€™t tell a good team from a bad. I can name 6 bad programs in the big 10.
Like I said it fits ur narrative.

1 Like

I have no problem with playing Oregon State or Vanderbilt if you would play a team in the top half of a power 5 conference every 4 years or so. I think we should try to schedule some of the school around us like Arkansas, Nebraska, Colorado,Iowa. And yes I know we have Arkansas and Nebraska schedule but one of them is like 15 years from now.

Try comparing Kansas record against any other power 5 school over the last decade.

We have Arizona state for 2022 and 2023 Arkansas 2024 and Oregon 2025. So thereā€™s that

Like I said just because ku has been at the bottom every year doesnā€™t mean other conference donā€™t have bad teams. They just rotate. And vandy has been there alot. Arkansas mizzu Kentucky even the Mississippi schools have had their really bad years.
There still away to measure the sos. Use it

1 Like

Thatā€™s worlds better cause when you are a season ticket holder and the non-conference schedule is Central Michigan Central Arkansas and UTSA you start to wonder what you are paying for.

As long as Arkansas is out recruiting us, Iā€™m for playing them as often as possible.

Thatā€™s how far out you have to schedule games nowā€¦