Chuba & Heisman

No.

He has zero chance of winning the Heisman because he’s a running back on a 7-3 team. “A very sad situation” is basically the opposite of how I would describe Chuba Hubbard at Oklahoma State in 2019.

16 Likes

My anti-Gundy takes aside, Chuba not having a chance of winning the Heisman has nothing to do with Gundy.

4 Likes

It’s not even our record… The days of guys winning Heismans at non-blue bloods that don’t get 450,000 likes on Instagram are done.

3 Likes

It’s not even just our record or the blue-blood QB track record… on top of those two huge issues is the fact that Big XII QBs have won it two years in a row. I think there are some voters who will not even consider voting for a 3rd Big XII player in a row.

I think the voter fatigue would apply more to Oklahoma specifically than Big XII. Lincoln Riley continues to churn out QBs with tons of offensive production. It seems only a matter of time before people start attributing their success to his genius rather than the QBs themselves.

Oh and our SID team didn’t even start pushing for it until week 5.

If Chuba comes back next year, they need to start pushing the Heisman campaign out to the voters from the moment he announces that he’s returning.

RG3 won basically because voters got a ton of gifts in the preseason from Baylor.

Hope you’re right!

There is also the fact that Joe Burrow has been amazing. We can’t undersell that. He’s completing 78% of his passes for 3,600 yards and 38 TDs. He’s beaten top ranked teams (Texas, Auburn, Florida, and ALA.) I love Chuba, but even I would vote for Burrow.

14 Likes

Joe Burrow is having himself a year and hats off to him . Chuba putting up 200+ yards and 3 tds will not help him nearly as much as putting up those same numbers against ou . He had a great game against KU by halftime . He needs a stellar finish to the season to be able to compete against the great, blueblood, qb that is Burrow.

Joe Burrow isn’t good. It’s all Ed Orgeron’s genius…

/s

5 Likes

Also I think we need to point out… Kansas players were out for blood when the game got out of hand on Saturday. Gavin Potter was trying to take Chuba out the whole game.

6 Likes

It’s crazy to me that one offensive assistant (Brady) came in and taught LSU how to pass. 1 coach basically made LSU into the #1 team in the country right now.

5 Likes

Isn’t that kind of the SEC in a nutshell? They seem to be developing some scary offenses.

Was that the guy who stepped on Chuba’s Face ?

Yes. And was involved in pretty much every scuffle.

He’s a hot-headed, arrogant craphead, which is evident from his commitment stunt. When he knew his team was going to lose, it was time to be a bad sport.

By what if the end up 20th in this week playoff poll. We run the table and end up top 15 in the polls, 9-3 record and Chuba gets to 2k. Could that give Chuba an invite with tua out for the season?

1 Like

Gundy will never have a player win the Heisman because Gundy can’t win the conference.

Conference title not required to win the Heisman. See 2011, RGIII. Baylor finished T-3rd. Any other insight other than you hate Gundy?

2 Likes

Hey…hey…jet fuel can’t melt steel beams.

(Ask if you don’t know what I’m referring to.)

1 Like