Chuba & Heisman

One of the Kyles, have you or have you heard anyone ask Gundy if he’s going to send the tape of the ku guy trying to go wwe, on Hubbard, to the league. That has to warrant discipline of some kind, doesn’t it?

3 Likes

To stir the coffee a different direction, what’s more surprising about Chubas season so far? The fact that he has a better chance of stringing up 300 rushing yards in a single game than spencer has to throw for 300? Or is it the fact that he has one less 200 yard game on the ground than Spencer has through the air? If for some reason Spencer cant get it together due to a hand injury, theres more than a punchers chance that Chuba finishes with more yards on the ground than Spencer has through the air.

2 Likes

Espn moved chuba to 4…now isn’t that surprising

3 Likes

From the communications group down the hall ... @Hubbard_RMN leads the nation in rushes of 20 yards or more, 30 yards or more, 40 yards or more and so on through 50, 60, 70, 80 and 90.#okstate #HubbardForHeisman #CanadasCowboy @CowboyFB

— Kevin Klintworth (@KKlintworth) November 19, 2019
1 Like

Chuba has the second most rushing yards through the first 10 games out of the last 3 Heisman Trophy Winners at the running back position, only Ricky Williams had more.

4 Likes

Enough said:

(Running up stats on the Jayhawks is) his only shot of getting the attention he deserves, and a trip to New York as a result. One hundred twenty-two yards and a pair of touchdowns don’t qualify, I’m afraid.

Gundy was judicious pulling Hubbard when he did, but I worry that it will have a punitive effect on his Heisman candidacy. Now Hubbard needs something straight from Barry Sanders’ trophy season of 1988 against both West Virginia and Oklahoma.

Only then can he get his trip, and his teammates can get what they want.

I’d feel better about Chuba going to NYC for the ceremony if FOX cameramen knew who he was.

At half last weekend, the cameras spent several seconds on Gabe Simpson…

Even after what we consider a lackluster stat performance against KU, the official ESPN college football twitter account now has Chuba Hubbard as a person you can tweet about receiving a Heisman vote. Only 4 dudes get listed. Nobody watched the KU game. They just see his total numbers. If he goes nuts against OU on national tv, which is certainly on the table, that will do so much for him getting to NYC. More so than having 150 total yards against KU.

1 Like

If Chuba goes for 200+ in one of his last two games, he’s probably going to NY. Regardless, he needs to approach his season average against OU in order to feel good about his chances.

If he doesn’t secure an invite, it’s going to be sad looking back on his game log knowing that his lowest output of the year was an 8 carry 44 yard performance against McNeese State. Not that we should have handled him differently, just knowing his stats could have been even more absurd.

Our SID department should really be publicizing that distinction. No stat padding going on with Chuba’s numbers.

1 Like

Here’s some trivia that I don’t know the answer to and don’t have time to Google.

How many Heisman trophy’s have been awarded to a player from another country?

1 Like

There have been three Heisman winners born outside the USA.

Frank Sinkwich ’42 – Starjak, Croatia
Tim Tebow ’07 – Makati City, The Phillipines
Robert Griffin III '11 – Okinawa, Japan

4 Likes

Doing this probably muddles the argument more than anything, though. Chuba was benched early in a couple of games, but he’s not the only player in the country to do so. Ohio State has won 9/10 games by 30+ points, so I’m sure Justin Fields isn’t inflating his numbers late in those games. Chase Young would have better numbers if he wasn’t suspended. Same with Tua if he wasn’t hurt. His raw stats should be enough to speak for themselves.

1 Like

Wasn’t RG3 born on a base? If so, he would be considered to be born in the US, as bases are US soil.

My buddy had a kid born in another country as a government employee and his kid has dual citizenship. It may differ depending on where, but the possibility exists.

What a stat!

No they’re not