Chuba Hubbard, Mike Gundy Come Together for Video Promoting Change

Chuba, you are the adult. You have the character to go on and do great things. I am very proud of you.

1 Like

Lol you have no real argument that’s why you have to result to the minor grammar correction to insult me. Mike Gundy was wearing a shirt on a weekend off fishing with his boys. He didn’t show up to a press conference with it on and wasn’t trying to make a political statement. Mike Gundy didn’t even post the picture, it was the fishing guide. Kyle Boone was the one that found the picture and pointed out that Gundy was wearing a OAN shirt, which was so uncalled for. I’m glad the Gundy and Chuba were able to find common ground but there is no taking back the negative light that was shed on our program. Even though they were able to resolve things this event will diminish Gundy’s trust and leadership to the players, which will no doubt negatively affect our team. It’s just very frustrating that we live in a society today that bashes a coach for wearing a conservative news network T-shirt in his time off while it praises Kaepernick for wearing a Fidel Castro shirt to an interview. I guess it’s a crime/offensive now days to be a republican and having opposing views as liberals.

The grammar stuff is just icing on the cake– it’s mostly poking fun.

It goes way beyond just “wearing a shirt”. It’s the second time MG was linked to a news network that spouts wild propaganda (some being racist). Everyone is allowed to have their own viewpoint and political stance. That’s what makes the US great. But with great power comes great responsibility. A person of Gundy’s stature has to be more responsible.

It’s all about perception here. Gundy has to be smarter in the way he carries himself. Gundy being linked yet again to a news network that makes outlandish and straight up false claims about a social cause that his own players are rally around is completely tone-deaf and naive on his part. He comes off looking completely detached from what’s really going on out there.

I don’t think Gundy meant anything by it, because I don’t believe he even knew about some of the ridiculous things OAN has said about BLM. But he has to do a better job thinking outside his little bubble. We all do.

All Boone did was call attention to something that happened. And you’re mad at him for that?

I don’t think Gundy is a bad guy, I just think he’s kind of dumb. He probably didn’t realize all the wild and sometimes racist propaganda OAN has spouted– things that many of his own players are taking a stand against. Gundy has a real chance to learn from this experience. Media literacy is a huge problem today.

The matter was handled by the two guys at the top, the president of OSU and the AD. I hope that those two administrators have a chat with Gundy as an attempt to reel him in and encourage him to just stick to football when he speaks in public and stay out of politics. The wheels are falling off the basketball wagon and we don’t need that to also happen with the football team. If the players complain about not being allowed to have certain hairstyles I think they present a good case for that to change considering how foolish Gundy looks with his publicity seeking mullet. And I think apologies are due to Kyle Boone who reported a significant event on campus involving OSU athletics and I believe that is part of his job. And the only ones fanning the flames have been the Kyle Boone haters.