Chuba Hubbard Taking Step Back from Twitter after 'Playground for Hate' in Mentions

Benjamin3, that is one of the most well thought out posts I’ve seen on this site! Could not agree more. PFB really needs to remember its purpose in life and why most of us come here. I think everyone would appreciate a more positive slant on our Pokes.

3 Likes

Looks like you misunderstood the message of my post. I’ll try to explain it a little better. (FYI I’m trying to keep this civil in case you can’t understand my tone, seems like you might not since you seem ready for a fight)

You had said that Chuba shouldn’t be making politically motivated demands of the US Justice system because he is only temporarily living here.

My reason for bringing up Christianity was drawing a parallel to Chuba. He’s Black, speaking out about injustices done to Blacks in America, and doesn’t live in America, and many want him to shut up and stick to sports.

I was trying to draw a parallel to a Christian, speaking up about injustices to Christians in the Middle East even though that person doesn’t live in the Middle East. But nobody tells that person to shut up (nor should they).

I guess now it’s my turn to say ‘read what I wrote.’
I was saying that the crowd who is the ‘shut up and run the football’ crowd wouldn’t have a problem with the fact that he is speaking out if they agreed with his message. But since they don’t agree with the message, then his right to speak out in general is getting ripped on.

1 Like

Chuba has every right to say what he said. I personally think maybe it’s not the right time due to recent attention but he has that right. Chuba is passionate about a cause and I commend him for that. Now from a university stance it’s probably some more unwanted attention but good to show the university is with these players. I think maybe calling out a DA was a possible bad business move, cause there are going to be teams that say, “ok you’ve stired some stuff up good/bad but you brought a lot of attention to yourself and your university, what are you going to do with millions of dollars and even a bigger stage that could possibly bring outside unwanted attention to our organization if we draft you.”

Yeah! Just what I thought. Flagged again for being off topic. Censorship at its very basic level. Since MY opinion doesn’t agree with yours. Totally juvenile. Keep trying to get me to keep my opinion quiet. Not going to happen.

And when did all the plus guys start jumping on the free thread? @TotallyNotRook @Dribble what are you doing in the slums!? Lol

1 Like

Dude

1. I don’t know. @ScottCorken got me over here one day and I have just been rubberknecking in sheer disbelief at the yelling/screaming/outrage. Like… I’m horrified, yet cannot look away.

2. We miss you. Come back!

1 Like

Just so you are aware, any old joe schmoe can flag posts, and lately it’s become kind of the new troll job. Just so you don’t think it’s ‘the man’ that’s flagging you or something.

How are the pups doing?

1 Like

I couldn’t help myself. I now crave this place. It’s clearly an addiction.

2 Likes

You are an enabler. My mom said I’m not allowed to hang out with you anymore.

1 Like

I’ll be back maybe in October or closer to basketball season possibly. I’ve kinda enjoyed my social media vacation. Not going to lie no tv has been rough and no sports blog has been boring. But we are getting out doing new stuff and getting a lot more done around the house. I’m about to start building a deck and we are going hiking this weekend. Honestly the breaks been good and kinda much needed

2 Likes

Well I’ve determined I’m in the wrong field of work and thanks to my marketing skills every one was spoken for by 3 weeks old, and we’ve got people on a waiting list for our litter this fall. They are getting pretty adventurous and playful. Our back tile office room can barley contain them.

1 Like

That’s not at all what I said.

Anyone, including Chuba, is allowed to have an opinion on whatever they want, and voice that opinion.

I’m allowed to respond with my own opinion - Mine just happens to be that a 20yr old foreign national demanding that an American public figure lose his job, and defunding of the OKC police department is ignorant and pretentious.

I never said he should shut up, but even if I did - that’s my opinion. Just like him (according to you) taking a racial stand with people that look like him is his option.

It’s simple. I’m obviously not taking issue with his right to “speak out in general”, though I could see how people with an agenda would want to frame it as such.

Where are the photos man?!

I follow several Aussie breeders on Instagram, and they definitely look like they’re living the dream.

Go to Lights Out Aussies on FB. That’s our page. We will probably start doing videos of them playing and stuff so the new owners can see them grow and stuff. They may get some outside play time next week. Still a little to small for the baby play pen right now.

1 Like

um.

Reminder #1,349 that arguing over the internet is pointless. Back to the TV show thread I go.

Probably for the best :wink:

“All I’ve done is voice my opinion on issues that I feel are not ethical!”

Cool. Now is there anything else he is upset about? I think he should let us all know right now so we can finally move onto talking about sports. If he wants to voice his opinion that’s fine, but others will voice their opinions as well. Prepare to be upset about some things. That is what we adults call life.

I would rather send him to D.C. where they desecrated the war memorials and called for the removal of Abraham Lincoln and Ulysses S. Grant statues.

Chuba, you have every right in the United States of America to have freedom of speech. However, the red neck conspiracy theorist white suppremists have a right to speak their mind as well. Just know in this state they will try to ruin you if you speak against anything they believe. Don’t worry about having your twitter taken down. Just go play football and get to the NFL and don’t pay any attention to these haters. They will move on to another black guy that protests or speaks out against murdering someone for the color of your skin. Just know you haven’t done anything wrong and there are many who understand and know that you do not believe in the destruction of property. Keep your head up and don’t let the haters get you down. You have an amazing future in front of you. Keep being the best running back in America.