College Football 2020 Season Thread

Lottery system by who donates the most money.

1 Like

Tickets are already sold so might be some legal issues with that. Or not?

Battle Royale???

Premium seating would definitely be prioritized, but think about the amount of at-risk folks who wonā€™t be in attendance. Thereā€™s no way around getting the big donors in, but what if after that, everything was ā€œgeneral admissionā€ until the 20-30k cap?

1 Like

That would be sweet but kind of defeats the social distancing management? I ask because Iā€™m clueless on what they would go for.

I imagine suites will have seats, but the 20-30k gen pop will be randomized

Should the band still be allowed?

Not necessarily. I could see a scenario where they let families sit together, but the student section/individual ticket holders have to sit every few seats apart. Again, how do you enforce that, if at all? I have no idea how they will do it, but I think making everything ā€œGAā€ and refunding those who are at-risk is a pretty doable scenario.

1 Like

10,000 event staff to enforce social distancing 10,000 fans

8 Likes

An athletic department that is probably going through a tough fiscal situation paying a bunch of fans back seems less than ideal. I bet theyā€™ll heavily encourage those fans just push their money to 2021 and pay back the ones who donā€™t want to do that. I think it could help mitigate the loss of ticket costs for 2020. It would hurt 2021 sales, but you wouldnā€™t take a complete tumble in 2020.

3 Likes

I think they refund your ticket price for whatever games you arenā€™t designated to attend(however that is decided) while keeping your donation. .

1 Like

We already got an email stating if any games are missed, ticket prices and donations the whole price will be refunded to us.

2 Likes

Could they have everyone use a stadium seat this year? They put those out before the games and could use them to designate ā€œseating locationsā€.

1 Like

Iā€™m just glad someone else will have to figure it out and manage it

5 Likes

Weā€™ll just have to hire Carl for a class action then.

Butā€¦but can we tailgate with groups less than 20? Cornhole boards are more than 6ft apart.

3 Likes

According to ESPN, power 5 colleges stand to lose about 4 billion dollars without a football season.

Theyā€™ll be playing.

3 Likes

Wonder if this is a good time to try and hop on buying some season tickets haha

And we thought the student section was empty after halftimeā€¦ it would be non-existent if they try social distancing in that section.

1 Like

Paddle people spaced 6ā€™ apart, circling the entire stadium.

7 Likes