Column: Wild Saturday Proves Oklahoma State is the Best Team in the Big 12

There’s that Nancy we all knew would show up.

1 Like

Well if you listen to a few on here all of Oklahoma states problems past and present, is completely Gundys fault

4 Likes

The consistency of winning at oSu isn’t matched by many. Over the same time period even less. Only the lack of a NC (screwed out of) is what keeps the national view of oSu isn’t better.

2 Likes

Let’s hope the Pokes stay focused on the next opponent, don’t look ahead.
OSU was picked to finish fourth in the Big 12. I thought Texas was overrated (as usual), glad they proved it. Thought ISU would be better, not sure what happened since they beat the Pokes. To think we have a chance to play in the conference championship. Defense is elite, offense has found its feet and is pounding on opponents.

And for the fans - let’s enjoy the ride. This season has been awesome.

4 Likes

I said they played their most complete game of the year. I said they looked a hell of a lot better than at the beginning of the season. It’s a known fact that TCU’s rush defense is absolutely horrible. How in the hell is that a backhanded compliment?

You think we’ve been playing the best in the country and blowing any teams out throughout the season? It’s just the truth!!! I can put my orange shades down every once in a while and look at the program I support objectively every now and then. You should at least do the same one day. I have no complaints about this game. They played very well on both sides of the ball last night.

Not all, but if we’re going to use an example let’s look at Bedlam 2013. You can’t play a conservative game against a team with a bunch of 4-5 star recruits and expect to win. Stoops knew in that game he would have to take some chances and they paid off for him. Gundy pretty much played that game essentially like any other.

1 Like

He put his team in a position to win the game that’s literally all you can ask for. If you want to compare every Oklahoma state football coaches career to their bedlam victories your gonna be quite disappointed. And yes les went 2-2. We were also 4-7 one of those years.

2 Likes

You mean Knowles and the defense have for most of the year? Because when it came down to the wire at Iowa State the defense wasn’t the unit out on the field.

Last I checked Gundy was the head coach? I love knowles so idk what your point is

1 Like

He’s a head coach that’s supposed to be an offensive guy. The offense has looked better over the past three weeks. Then again I have to take into account we’ve played defenses ranked 40th (WV), 126th (Kansas), and 121st (TCU).

Everyone is always saying I’m trying to poop on the parade. I’m just looking at the level of competition. The only opposing defense we’ve scored more than 30 against ranked in the top 40 is K State (31st).

Iowa State (in some weird way) is still ranked 10th in total defense. Gundy is correct in the sense we need to score over 30 a game to give ourselves a chance. My point is you can run the same schemes against bad defensive teams with the defense we have and come out with a victory on the other end.

However, if you decide to do the same thing against a team that’s competent on offense and has a good defense it might go the other way (See Iowa State). I guess I’m just under the impression you should be able to put up large amount of points against team that are that bad defensively.

I think that anyone who has been watching the football games so far this season can agree that most of those wins are attributed to the defensive effort though.

Just because he’s an offensive guy doesn’t mean he doesn’t attribute to both sides of the ball. Les miles was an offensive guy and was mostly credited for having excellent defenses at LSU you don’t give all of the defensive credit to knowles . Gundy sought him out got him hired. Half of the people on here were pissed that we hired some nobody from duke, meanwhile the other half were bitching about Dunn possibly leaving for unlv and we needed to make him OC

1 Like

And I gave Gundy credit for that. I give him credit for moving more scholarships on that side of the ball, but even Gundy himself will tell you he doesn’t have much to do with the game plans or practices when it pertains to the defense.

Just give the dude credit on what’s been an excellent season to this point. It’s really not hard to see that

2 Likes

U completely ignore the fact that we are 3rd in scoring in big 12 games beside Texas and ou by 11 points.
Ur a riley guy explain to me to the rest of the people on this site and most importantly to God how riley with 2 5 star qb can’t score more then 14 points in games.
U notice it’s not game it’s games. Ou is supposed to have the players and coach.
Go look at r stats. The offensive line may have 2 guys start every game.
The six other spots. We have 2 players so far who have played all 10 games.
Do not come back with some stupid they about depth. It just makes u look well like Joey.
U just double down on ur ignorant statements by picking one game here and one there.
We’re 9 and 1 I know it hurts but once again gundy is showing why people want him as a coach.

1 Like

Joey the backhanded compliments are useless to see… rarely do I see the compliment and if I do it turns derogatory. @yo1 told you everything isn’t Gundys fault Lots of previous people failed or had a good couple of seasons and left !! I’m happy with this team this year. I think we will win out. Who knows. But join in for two weeks at least. Maybe the rankings don’t favor us in the end but we did what we could

1 Like

You really need to stop being so angry all the time. What is wrong with you? The team has really been improving the last three games and all you want to do is argue with me for pointing out a small simple fact.

Then you go off on some Riley and OU tantrum even though I’ve told you a million times I’m not an OU fan and never will be. Then you tell me I’m obsessed with OU? Sounds to me like your the obsessed with them. Of course you would be because Gundy never beats them, and you want him to so badly.

You gotta chill dude!!! Your dream might just happen this year. Just be patient and wait for it. Stop getting ahead of yourself before the times comes!!

I’m explaining to u all the stuff I talked about earlier got fixed. Like I said it would. Problems we had with execution. More diverse plays or as u would say open up the play book.
I’m not the one who ever has been angry or unhappy.

The reason I use riley because u think so highly( I think he is at best a so so coach). U never did explain why 2 teams have keep ou under 14 points. Why they can’t run the ball even tho u think brooks is a stud. Why they are hoping one of their 5 star qb can get something done.
I think riley ought to try a thing called coaching, recruiting not cutting it.
I do love how I have taught u to trun the tables but it works only if u aren’t lieing. U were botching about the offense all thur the game. About old games.
How’s that gundy defense.

1 Like

Joey you think we are mad cause we call you out on your biotching about the offense or your BS about allowing 2 touchdowns by the second team defense… that was pitiful just moronic. Sanders seems to have settled in the last 5 games and playing the best of his career. He hasn’t made bad decisions, and throwing better than ever. The kid has taken an undue amount of criticism, way too much. It’s because of him we are where we are. No one but you is not enjoying what we are playing for the next two weeks. So enjoy it but I don’t think you will

1 Like

He can’t when we win the title he knows he has got gundy for another 20 years

1 Like

We have had just 2 players on the offensive side (nonlinemen) play 10 games only 7 to play more the 5 games out of 6 spots. The coaching staff has final got Sanders playing with in himself.
I know the Baylor coach will get the b12 but gundy ought to get the bear Bryant.

1 Like