Column: Wild Saturday Proves Oklahoma State is the Best Team in the Big 12

So after tomato slice and I discuss the reason ou is having u final figured it out.

1 Like

What the hell are you talking about?

If your talking about the offensive line then sometimes it makes a difference. However, like in the TCU game last year when your defense gives you a +4 advantage on turnovers and gives the offense four extra possessions to find a way to win and they fail each time. That makes quite a difference too. Gotta find ways to get touchdowns and not settle for field goals.

Go cry some more Joey , like I said you are the village idiot

1 Like

You got anything else? Nah!!! Didn’t think so.

This is the best post I’ve seen in a long time! Joey, this is why you are dead wrong about Gundy. All of these schools made bad coaching hires after their coach left or was fired. This is the reality for Blue Bloods so our reality is just plain frightening with the wrong coaching decision? Gundy has been great for this school and anybody who thinks otherwise is a couple bricks short of a load. IMHO

2 Likes

Nebraska has final decide to give there coach more room even Michigan have also.
It’s tuff to fire any coach with giving them 5 years these days. Joey and jug wants gundy gone in what will be at least r 3rd best year

1 Like

Then don’t make the wrong coaching decision. I’ll be waiting to see if we really prove we can win the conference again with two blue bloods still presently in the Big 12.

You would think it’s going to get easier for him once OU leaves, but we’ll see how that turns out. I guess everyone should just be scared to death for OSU football once Gundy does leave.

I just want to see if we can win the conference more than once every 10 years maybe.

Any OSU coaching hire is going to be a crapshoot as it is for all schools 99% of the time.

2 Likes

Baylor seems to have it figured out.

Maybe we try Duke head coach, he found Knowles before Gundy.

1 Like

LOL

2 Likes

I know the guy is 2 games under 500 today. And 67.
The last for years Knowles was there they went 5 games under 500 in league.
I like Knowles. Do I think he is better then spencer ( the last dv) not much if any. Don’t think his scheme has been the reason for this years d. No. Just think what this d would be without the virus. Just with the linebackers gone.
We will have a drop off next year. But we will have some super seniors. It will help develop kids.
Texas I think is looking for a DC. Their paying twice what Knowles gets. They my go crazy to get him.

I thought jug was better then Joey with Joey’s want leach but this tops them all. Even tho jug is just trying to stir the pot

You mean more than once every 60 years?

2 Likes

???

Baylor in the last ten seasons has beaten OU four times. That’s under four different head coaches (if you want to count Jim Grobe’s interim year. Which he beat Gundy by the way).

AR is right. Just because you have a head coaching change doesn’t mean it’s the end of the program. Even if Gundy just stayed for four more years with Texas and OU leaving I might add it doesn’t mean the next head coach is going to come in here and pull a 3-9.

I’m sure Weiberg would do his homework first, and most likely has learned from programs like Texas that you don’t just always go with a former Meyer or Saban assistant. You go after someone that has a reputation of building programs.

Leach is 6-4 with a team that lost over 20 players to the transfer portal last season, and is also playing in the hardest division of college football. Gundy comes in and kicks 9 players off the OSU team and finds a way to go 4-7 at OSU.

He’s trying to say he doesn’t think Knowles is much better than Glen Spencer.

Scoring defense-
2013- 21.6 (19th)
2014- 31.2 (94th)
2015- 30.5 (88th)
2016- 26.5 (52nd)
2017- 29.4 (85th)

That’s under Glen Spencer

Scoring defense-
2018- 32.5 (97th)
2019- 26.8 (61st)
2020- 23.5 (34th)
2021- 16.4 (8th)

That’s under Jim Knowles

Only one year out of five did Spencer ever have a defense hold an opponent under 25 a game on average. Knowles has done it in half his time here. He just wants to give credit to Gundy only and biotch about Knowles not being that good.

Just like you only wanna give credit to knowles and bitchh about Gundy. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Like usual u r looking at results, not how they got there.
Gundy up the scholarships for the defense.
Last years defense was upper class heavy recruited not by Knowles. This is supplemented by an extra class Knowles didn’t recruit. U can talk all u want about Knowles like ur buddy jug.
We have a very large number of kids that r 4 to 6 years into the program. How long has Knowles been at osu.
Tell me this Joey just look at the linebackers if not for the virus how would that spot be. It’s the same about cb.
I will say this once again we have a great defense but it’s marginal what Knowles has provided.

1 Like